Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/09/2012 in all areas

  1. Guest
    Here's some photos of part of the first drop and hill coming down on Thursday. http://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog-article/online-fun/Timber
  2. Here are a couple of pics I took a little while ago. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mh3wjbn8p9302ea/Photo%20Nov%2009%2C%2012%2003%2013%20PM.jpg https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxpycsach5aotbt/Photo%20Nov%2009%2C%2012%2006%2048%20PM.jpg
  3. Why do I hear a fife and drum and envision Eddie Albert? Or Ned Flanders? Suffice it to say you are beginning to sound like Grampa going off on the young and preaching endlessly about the so-called Good Old Days. I was around back then. There were hoodlums out of control back then, too. If I remember correctly, you have earlier counseled that victims of bullying should fight back AND that incorrect facts are best left unconfronted in the interests of civility. Violence should be dealt with. At the Haunt or wherever it may occur. And longing for the Good Old Days achieves nothing. Today's reality is real.
  4. I still remember seeing Vortex for the first time, in 1992. I'm kind of surprised, really, that I was able to work my nerve up to get on it (I didn't ride it that visit, I think it was the next one). It was so massive, so completely overwhelming in size to me.
  5. "spelling and lack of grammar is..."?
  6. Sitting in the dorm today, discussing Cedar Point with another guy from PA. He insisted the Millenium Force and Steel Force at Dorney were the exact same ride, built by the same company and everything. I won a bet.
  7. Oh I'm well aware of coasterbobs historical documentations, and have been for many years! I was working at the park during all of the prepping and planning for the SOB build, so I watched most of it go up in person.
  8. 2 points
    I would go with A or B. I suspect if anything has anything to say about it, there will be some kind of news in the coming days. I can't see either party wanting to stretch this out over too long.
  9. I do believe the entire structure got a fresh coat of paint within the last ten years or so. The running rails were given a fresh coat of paint for the 2009 operating season.
  10. Painting of the entire structure was done in...2001 I do believe.
  11. With my experience in the security in the past, that clown should have at least received a ban from the park.
  12. Wasn't that only the rails though? I'm thinking of the painting around DB opening.
  13. There is very little I in electoral college. In fact, there's none at all if you're not in a swing state. Or even if you are.
  14. The Suspended Party chose not to run because of Flight Deck's history of swing voting.
  15. Just. Drop. It. Please.
  16. Anyone else sit there cheering while it comes down?
  17. Those are some awesome pics...the skyline will be pretty different here in only a short period of time...then again, TOPGUN1993 always has cool pics... Oh, and for that first pic, here's a "before" picture for you all, not sure who took it...could have been TOPGUN1993 again but I dunno, got it from google:
  18. Yes Vortex was complely repainted in the beginning of the 2001 season, I worked at that ride that season.
  19. OK Don, since I know you pay attention from time to time- how about scrap wood. How much would a flat of treated board cost to buy. I don't need a plaque or letter of authenticity. I don't particularly care about the nostalgia of it, if there is such a thing. Just inquiring about the availability of buying some >12' of board. I know that's blasphemy on this board but have home projects that surprisingly could benefit from the purchase of some 2X4 and 4X4's
  20. It's such a solid coaster that I'd bet it will be seen like Magnum which is still widely popular (for those who know to sit in a middle seat). Arrows suffered poor transitions and roughness, by design (at least those I've ridden). Not knocking Arrow, more the technology of the time compared to today's. B&M hypers are of a different caliber and I expect they'll stand the test of time more than Arrow will. I think Raptor is a good example of the longevity of their appeal.
  21. Is that because of the ride or you? I dont mean to be rude, but as we all get older and some of us get bigger, cough, rides dont fit like they should. When they dont fit like they should/did the ride experience suffers... In my case, it's not the ride, it's me. I simply don't have enough body weight to hold myself still between the restraints. It does not fit like it should. My guests and I were looking at Vortex over Halloween, it's one of those "you guys go ahead, I'll watch for you." gigs. They gave it the once over and passed, because it looked old and rickety. I'm not going to say it's rickety, and old and needs retired. The style of Vortex looks more streamlined compared to some of the rides by it, but not rickety. It could do with a coat of paint though. I wouldn't know if it is riding rough, recently. It rode rough for me back in 1992.
  22. I never understood the fascination with nor liked that game. I had no patience for it, not did I care about its goal. Now, if bulldozers had been involved...
  23. ^ You mean "Pick-Up Large & Heavy Sticks, Bulldozer Edition"? OK, but where's my bulldozer?
  24. ^ The "awe" factor is two things: seeing the ride & being intimidated by it. The second: you have experienced the ride with a smile. SoB certainly had that "awe" factor to look at and an "ouch" factor to experience. To clarify: the riding "awe" should exceed the visual "awe".
  25. im actually missing the soundtrack in slaughterhouse, & that dang car most of us call cleadus...
  26. IMO, a "flagship" ride needs to have that "awe factor" to non riders. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've went to the park with non coaster riders and they have stopped to watch Vortex for several minutes.
  27. A few idiots will NOT stop me from visiting or working KI or haunt again. You get them everywhere, at least security seems to take it seriously pretty often
  28. And you continue to do that on campus.
  29. Note the absence of crowing and self-promotion from Mr. Hart and his associates after yesterday's meeting. This likely means one of three things: (a) things went swimmingly and intense negotiations are underway, which Mr. Hart wisely does not want to endanger, ( b ) questions were asked, answers were given, and the Commonwealth is pondering what to do next, or ( c ) Mr. Hart was told his proposal is unresponsive, and in a rare instance of humility, for him, he's licking his wounds and pondering litigation. C is probably the least likely. My guess is b.
  30. I definitely got my fill on orange chicken, so I guess this year was considered a success!
  31. Rumor has it that the kids who run the Flight Deck purposely fudged the numbers in order to "get even" with the kids who run the Back Lot Stunt Coaster. Glad someone else noticed the conspiracy.
  32. That's not very likely on an overall basis. From time to time to fill the rooms, yes. Dynamic pricing. FUN hotels management and operation is about to advance 70 years or so...from the Kinzel "take those Blacberry toys away from managers" days of "The Organization Man."
  33. They didn't want to do anything at all at first except throw him out for the night. I told them that it was unacceptable! So my 2 coworkers and I wrote statements, so they definently charged him with disorderly, cause it would stick. It could later escolate to assault if I developed bruising or injuries, which didn't. At least he earned a dent in his beer money and learned (I hope) not to grab on people. The scary thing was that I was surrounded by people, even with kids, and no one even looked twice while I'm screaming to be let go while trying to fight back! I told security "what if I was your daughter or sister?" Waaaay scary.
  34. ^ If Vortex commented, he would have sunk to a new low.
  35. The Steel Party may impress people with some height, but the Wooden Party is tried and true. The Racer has a proven track (ha?) record of reaching across the aisle, bringing together both the blue and red sides. Vote Beast/Racer at the polls this off-season!
  36. The Wood Party's Response: "We disowned the Son of The Beast 12 years ago, allowing him to break himself out of his cage in Action Zone and wreak havoc on the general public. He was finally tracked down and in the process of being euthanized at the moment. The Beast feels no sorrow towards his son, knowing that it was a foolish mistake he made in his early 20's."
  37. Me, BLSC, and Firehawk have picked up some new info about The Beasts son. Apparrently he was locked up in a cage because he was so bad behaved. The Wood Party has made no comment.
  38. Slaughterhouse- I thought this one was a little bit scary. Somebody had some type of device that made a pig snort noise and put it right by my ear which made me jump and I screamed a few times. I thought it was a decent length and I enjoyed the woman who was outside with the real rat on her shoulder. The lady with Brutus, that's me so thanks for the mention!
  39. I just want to know how the park's iconic central symbol got passed up as a nominee for the Tower Party.
  40. The Racer kicks puppies, does not keep itself presentable, only half shows up to work most days, and The Beast is going to raise taxes, and shoot Grandma. I'm Diamondback, and I approve this message.
  41. This isn't a parent that left a 6 year old at home alone to go out and drink, or a parent who left their kids in a car on a hot summer day. Those are most certainly prime examples of failing to attentively care for a child. This is a parent that lifted thier child at the zoo to see the animals better and accidentally dropped her child.This type of action resembles most parents/ guardians at any zoo, including my own actions many years ago. Shouldn't I be put in jail too? Or because I didn't drop my kid it is ok? This mother does not have to go to jail, and she is most certainly not getting off "scot-free". She has already began serving a life sentence knowing her actions ended the life of her child.
  42. ^^ She made a terrible mistake, one that she will live with the rest of her life. Sending her to jail accomplishes nothing. Use jail for the real criminals.
  43. Now the very same people that were convinced the price would drop after October 28th will complain the current price is too high and the park is too greedy. The price has always gone up after the fall season.
  44. Foo! People pay that much for a concert ticket for two hours entertainment. Better to pay that amount for two passes than on a prescription for anti-depressants, or anything else to clear away the blues. After so many visits, it's a free ride.
  45. Then if that person thinks the park is too crowded and the lines are way too long for them, then that means that the season passes and general admission ticket prices are priced too low. Maybe the prices need to be increased as the remedy to reduce the crowd sizes and ensure the wait times for rides are short. Then they will be happy, providing they can afford the ticket prices, which if not, they will be back to complain that the admission price is way too high and the regular folks can't afford to visit the park. Well, that is crazy. Crowd sizes are large because the park is very popular and you can expect ride wait time to increase as the weather becomes warmer and on the weekends, when people go on vacation. Look at the Reds, The team attracts large crowds when they win and people want to see them win. It is the same with any venue that people are attracted to. Expect crowds to be large on weekends and for special events. If they want smaller crowds, go on the weekday.
  46. Wolf Pack has been very good this season, but seeing the actor on the floor seems like an incredibly easy way for them to get hurt. I wouldn't want to be in that position knowing that people sometimes wouldn't notice me until they step on me.
  47. This was just like last night, they were wearing all black and they were standing in a walkway around 2 feet wide, it's dark and they are crouched down, so they are grasping my legs and all of a sudden I hear "Ouch, my finger!" It was faint but I could hear it, it may have been me that stepped on a finger, I won't find out and didn't apologize, I felt terrible for not saying anything but my throat was super dry..
  48. On Friday I accidently kneed a scareactor right in the collarbone. He/she (I don't know the gender) was on their hands and knees in Wolf Pack and I never even saw them cross my path. I apologized immediately, and felt pretty bad about it. I can't comprehend how people could do this on purpose to people who are just doing their job.
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.