Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 11/16/2012 in all areas

  1. 19 visits this year. More than I've ever done before. I think somehow ohiocolts manipulated me into going so much.
  2. Strange how history repeats itself if you look back in the not so distant past. Although I wasn't alive at the time, this event reminds me of another well loved coaster here in Cincinnati and the sadness it caused when it was dismantled after Coney Island closed in 1971. My father loved the Shooting Star and was excited to see the pictures I acquired when I started collecting Coney photography 13 years ago! And so, history repeats itself in a similar way...
  3. Probably closing day (sorry, rsipus!) because I got to meet so many more new people from here, plus the park was dead. The Beast tour didn't hurt either.
  4. ^ Yes, I can see it now. Dinosaurs Alive, part 2. While we're at it, why don't we make an attraction that used to be free an upcharge attraction! Flight Deck will be renamed Dinosaurs Alive! The Coaster.
  5. Wow, this is a hard choice...do I choose the giant wooden looping hypercoaster that I never got to ride in any form, or the awesome-looking indoor giant top spin that I rode, but when I did so it was already downgraded into garbage? Hmm...well, Son of Beast started getting bad reviews from the get-go, but that kind of adds to its charm as I'd be interested in seeing just how bad it was...but TR:TR was an epic dark ride experience like none other...ugh, you know what, null vote...I can't choose! (Builds a Time Machine, and sets the date for May 2002...location: Paramount's Kings Island, Ohio...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOW I CAN RIDE TR:TR AND SOB WITH LOOP AND EVEN FLYING EAGLES!!!) ...ok, not really, but I wish...
  6. So sad end of am era. I silk remember my very first ride on it back in 2000. Man I a am getting old
  7. here's the flyer for HoliWood Nights 2013: http://www.holidayworld.com/clubs https://www.holidayworld.com/sites/holidayworld.com/files/HWN13.pdf
  8. I've had so many good days this year. Coasting For Kids, KIC Day in August, My first time at Haunt, and as TheCrypt stated above, closing day was great too. Can't really pick a favorite.
  9. My best day was when I went and met up with TheCrypt. It was my only trip in 2012.. but it still was the best.
  10. Maybe even a Thunder Alley Part 2. Wouldn't that be cool maybe we could turn right instead of left or even a figure 8.
  11. Honestly, I'm happy with the rides that we have now, and I'm okay with KI not getting any new rides for 2013. We have 14 great coasters, many family rides, awesome thrill rides, a dino attraction, and an awesome water park. That's enough for me!
  12. I had a lady in front of me in line for TTD a few years back insisting TTD was launched with rubber bands. It was a slightly windy, chilly day and the rubber bands needed warming up so that's why they only launched 4-6 people per car. I realllllly thought she was joking at first, but then her boyfriend/husband agreed with her and said "I guess that makes sense." She was DEAD.SERIOUS. Now while the warming up scenario is actually pretty accurate, I just kept my mouth shut. Even my friend who doesn't follow the theme park/coaster injury knew what she was saying was absurd.
  13. I picked Son of Beast simply because I never got the chance to ride it in any form. I did get the chance to ride the Crypt's final two-flip cycle a few times in 2010 and 2011, so I'm not completely without rides on the Giant Top Spin like I am on SOB. And the Crypt, in its final form, was OK to me (keeping in mind that I never saw it in any other form); it served as a nice, air-conditioned break from the bigger rides.
  14. Tomb Raider. After what FusionDude/Just Kidding/Mr. Christopher posted in the other thread, I can tell I missed a lot. I've seen pictures, but they don't compare to the video (and I'm sure the video didn't compare to the real thing). I would really like to experience something like that.
  15. Big surprise answer of the year: Tomb Raider. Both SoB and Tomb Raider make me nostalgic for the era of the park I grew up with, but Tomb Raider is basically responsible for me having the interest in working in the amusement industry that I have today.
  16. I received my piece of track today after they called yesterday. Here are what they look like. I got No. 15 out of the 250. Comes with a nice Certificate of Authenticity signed by Greg Scheid.
  17. What was your best trip to Kings Island for the 2012 season? What made your day at Kings Island good? Share your best day at Kings Island for 2012!!!
  18. My husband and I went with my cousin, Kramer. That was a blast. Always pose for the photographers at the gate, because you don't know of that's the day you want to remember forever.
  19. Nine total visits for 2012 at KI, and a weekend at CP this past year!
  20. To each their own, because to me, the extra $20 a night was so worth it to be a minute drive from the park. Being used to eastern time, it was like finishing at 12a the first night, and 1a the second. I was not awake enough to drive for 40 minutes following. Plus, it's roughly 40 miles each way, 80 miles a day. Nearly 3 gallons of gas, it adds up.
  21. Mine (042 of 250) was on the stoop yesterday after they called as well. I'm in Beavercreek, so not far (Dayton area). I'm about an hour and a half from the park, and mine arrived the day after they called (UPS). They have to over-night them. The pictures are held on by screws. Pretty sure I'm going to replace the one on the right with a picture of the loop. We'll see.
  22. I hope coastermania is not on the same weekend. Last year the two events were on different weekends, but in the past they have been on the same weekend. I stay with family down there so I wont be splitting a room with anyone. I need to upload my TR from HWN 2012 still I have it but it on my other computer. It is an awesome event so I highly recommend it! I would say hold off on making hotel arrangements just yet. They usually make a deal with Santa's Lodge or Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort in plenty of time for you to take advantage of the deal and not be rushed in making the decision. Trust me, if you go, the Kochs will take care of you.
  23. Honestly, I'm hoping for a new ride, butI'm not expecting to much by 2014. Let's just embrace the empty sky of what use to be the world's TALLEST and FASTEST wooden roller coaster and imagine a new skyline of what we think will take its place. Whether it be a flat, a floorless coaster, or a whole new section of Kings Island. The possibilities are endless!
  24. Looks like we have a winner! See the below for additional info: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/hours-directions/kings-island
  25. Probably because of the size of the lift hill. It's much bigger than everything else they've demolished, and probably has the most wood of any section of SoB. I would think that they have to clean up the wood first before demolishing again.
  26. Is that flyer a clue that they are going to reveal something big this year at HN?
  27. An interesting...diversion.
  28. "dont fence me in" "please release me, let me go"
  29. on the subject of scary & mysteria. have you ever seen the ones in white at the end of a rainy night as the sprint back to the front employee area...
  30. Just one. My all-time record? Two in one year, which was in 2010 (May '10 and October Haunt '10, I also went to Holiday World for the first time that year, also in May). I don't get to visit Kings Island much, but that makes it all the more special when I can. I hoping for a Cedar Point trip in 2013, however...which, if that park is anywhere near where it's cracked up to be, would make me very happy.
  31. Dinosaurs Alive! "More details to come, but the World's Largest Animatronic Dinosaur Park will be even bigger in 2013. Don't miss your chance to step back in time during your visit to Kings Island next season. " "There's always something new going on at Kings Island. And the 2013 season will be no exception. With new live shows, new menu items, a series of special events and more, the 2013 season at Kings Island will be filled with lots of fun and excitement." http://www.visitking....com/what-s-new
  32. Most likely, yes. From the animation, and the fact that it is designed by B&M, it will have a chain lift.
  33. I know how that goes. I got pretty burnt out on Cedar Point in 2010 and 2011, so I downgraded to a Gold pass this year and only went to KI. I'm not back to craving CP trips, especially since I feel like the removal of DT and SS removed some of what I find charming about the park, but I don't feel sick of the place, either. Maybe I'll make it back up there in 2013. I could go for a ride on Millennium Force, Gemini, Magnum, or Wicked Twister.
  34. Do you REALLY have to ask? Too much liability in sending Arsenic treated lumber to people so they can store it in their house.
  35. 0 This year We made a Point to go up north for some coasters, Conquered the hills at night a couple of states south, and played with some plastic bricks in a garden full of cyprus.
  36. "Gg COO" Maybe he was thinking of Vortex and drew the loops. I can't be the only one that draws little roller coaster looking designs when I sign my name, right? (At least on cash register machines, not official documents or anything)
  37. Another big chunk of the drop/lift has been taken down today at around 11:00am. Didn't have time to take a picture but I'm sure it will be on twitter soon.
  38. Slong Shot? Now that just sounds dirty.... My vote for post of the year!
  39. I bet they would. But not at a FUN price.
  40. Slong Shot? Now that just sounds dirty....
  41. I drive past every morning and again every evening along I-71. You can see Invertigo, delerium, Vortex, lift hill of The Beast, top gun, Firehawk, slong shot, skyflyer, etc... Lossing SOB changes the skyline for sure, but there is certainly plenty to catch your eye as you drive north or south on 71.
  42. I can't wait to see the rest of that hill drop!
  43. What I've found with working in haunted houses is that it doesn't matter what tool you use.. It's how you use it and the presence you have. I've seen actors get ridiculous scares with just a look.. I've also seen people drop to the floor in terror by just shouting "Poptart!". It depends on the guest, the timing, and the creativity of the actor as well as their ability to assess the situation (i.e. what scare will work best with which guest). I've seen both "real" and fake chainsaws at work and they both can be extremely effective depending on the handler. P.S. The Haunt's Undertaker kicks ass!
  44. I enjoyed the haunt last night,the guy who speaks in the entrance is amazing! I also enjoyed watching the guy disguised as a bush scare the crap out of everyone heading to the mile line for Diamondback.Buried alive looked pretty creepy,i coundnt spend 5 dollars to have a panic attack though! The one thing i like from CP last year was how the actors all walk in together,it was so exciting,I would like KI to do this! The only part of the haunt i didnt care for is hanging in front of BLSC,everyone in my party felt the same way about it.Its just not scary or funny for some people for many reasons.We also wanted to go watch the second half of the OSU game and then come back to the park but couldnt because of the no re-entry after 7 rule,im sure they have good reasons but stinks we couldnt come back! If they had sports bar-restaurant with football on several flats inside KI,i would bring family and friends every weekend
  45. This weeks contribution Male guest (talking about Vortex): I think its really cool to ride it at night Female Guest: Does it still go upside down at night?
This leaderboard is set to New York/GMT-04:00
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.