Everything posted by Rollercoast19
-
Knievel Prepares/Construction Update.
The flag did land on the ground, but they had many park employees there ready to pick it up off the ground as fast as they could.
-
Knievel Prepares/Construction Update.
I absolutely loved it. I didn't think it was going to be that great, but it was amazing. My uncle, brother, and I spent the extra $10 and had grandstand seats. It was awesome seeing the parachutists landing right in front of us, especially the one with the huge American flag. It was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had at Kings Island! I also saw several members of KICentral.
-
Hersheypark
Lightning Racer is a great ride! It is very very smooth and it has a fun racing layout.
-
Few Random questions about KI!
Maybe they called KCKC "Flop" because the boats sort of flopped around a little at the bottom of the hill because of the little bunny hill (or whatever it is called). They call Funny Cars in drag racing floppers for a similar reason.
-
Top five things you'd like to bring back/change
I always wanted to try that game.
-
Top five things you'd like to bring back/change
I never thought it smelled bad, but the vibration in my feet after I got out of the car is what got to me.
-
What was your first "big kid" ride you went on at KI?
My first "big kid" ride had to be The Beast.
-
Top five things you'd like to bring back/change
1. Whatever they used to do during the train ride. I don't remember much of it since I was only a kid at the time. 2. Antique Cars 3. Trams 4. Sunshine Turnpike 5. Cheaper food prices, lol.
-
Does Kings Island have this merchandise service?
Hello, I was looking at the Hard Rock Park website and I saw a great service that they perform. When you buy merchandise, you can have it held, and they will deliver it to one of the shops in the front of the park. That way, when you are leaving the park, you can pick up your merchandise and leave. I think this is great especially if you bought a lot (and you don't want to lug all those bags around), or if you bought something fragile. I was wondering if Kings Island offered a similar service. I do understand you could just put your merchandise in a locker, but then you have to make sure not to lose the key.
-
Robbie Knievel to Follow In His Father's Footsteps At Kings Island! Season Passes, Military Discount and More!
I am definitely planning on going!
-
Time To Smell The Tulips
Great trip report and those are some amazing pictures you took!
-
Opening Day T.R.- With Slideshow!
Must have gotten confused with a Top Fuel Dragster. Can't wait to see the pictures!
-
Errors on the Site.
Here is what I am getting while accessing the KIC forums (I am using IE7 Windows XP SP2): "qttask.exe made 184 modifications to your Windows Startup Settings" "A browser exploit at www.KICentral.com was blocked." "MSIE ADODB Stream Object File Installation Weakness" I got 7 Trojan.ByteVerify I got 3 Downloader.Zlob!gen.2 (it put fsxlogf.exe, bdmanager.dll, and admgcx.dll on my computer) These three viruses were supposedly removed by Norton, but I don't trust it.
-
Kings Island Opens TODAY! 2008 Sneak Peak, Military Discount, Season Passes & More
Great Update! Did anyone notice how they have the colors under the word Racer, on the sign, on the wrong side? They have the red on the left side, but that side runs blue trains. They have the blue on the right side but that side runs red trains. But it really isn't a big deal. I also love the new Guest Relations! Much much better than the window.
-
WLWT Video About Kings Island 2008
You can see a higher quality video on youtube if you add "&fmt=18" to the end of the address.
-
The Map
I noticed the same thing, good eye!
-
Should the train be the next Nostalgia Reclamation project
I definitely agree!!!!
-
Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
- Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
Some guy was saying they use to have a red, yellow, and green light on The Racer. Is this true? I have never heard that before.- Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
I like Cunningham and Sloan! This has been very entertaining!- Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
I believe most shows on 700WLW are archived. Here is the link to his podcast page with his archived shows: Scott Sloan's Podcast Page- Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
I was wondering if anyone had read the comments on the Dayton Daily News about The Racer. I am assuming that most people on there are not enthusiasts, and most are not happy. Here is the link: Racer story and comments on DDN I hope it is ok to link to the DDN. I assume it is since KIC is affiliated with them.- Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
I always considered recaR much more smoother than the forward Racer. This opinion varies greatly among park guests. I always tried to ride in the middle of the car and if you relaxed and kept your back against the back it was a very enjoyable ride. I always enjoyed going backward down that first hill and just relaxing.- Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
Did they also retrack the north side because that side was always rough to me. I didn't think they needed to retrack the south side. It was always the smoothest side to me and that is why I loved recaR.- Official Spirit Song 2008 Press Release
I am a fan of Skillet and Hootie & the Blowfish. I have seen them both live in concert and Skillet puts on a much better show. I think Saturday looks like the best day for the kind of music I like. If you didn't know, Thousand Foot Krutch is coming to Tipp City (Apr. 4 at the Avenue), Columbus (Apr. 5), and Cincinnati (Apr. 11 at the Underground) with Skillet headlining. Superchick will be up in Columbus on April 7th. - Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.