Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BoddaH1994

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BoddaH1994

  1. As of early February, it was exclusive to Carowinds per Maureen. However hopefully things have changed and you are right.
  2. So I think Maverick's cool and all, but the commentary with the photos.... isn't that a little lame?
  3. Just think... ten years from now you're going to be telling an unbelieving eight year old about how the Paramount Movie Studios once owned the park..
  4. This has to be a fraud because if I know The Beast, he wouldn't want to be your friend, Ruie.
  5. Ha... ready to vote for the newest 'most popular poster on KIC' yet?
  6. have to dig them up but have king cobra construction and Vortex construction as well Interesting... you know I was just thinking the other day that I had never seen any construction photos of The Vortex.
  7. Absolutely amazing... Have any other construction photos that you would like to share with us?
  8. Could be neat. Why not integrate the phrase "Dead Head" into the name? Just food for thought.
  9. I'd be difficult to find actual construction photos since the track went up after the building was constructed.
  10. I bet more "modern" parks have them than you think. A lot of parks used to be farms, and burial on one's own land was common a few centuries ago. So, although I'm sure a lot are hidden, there are probably more than you'd think. Plus, once a body is interred, it's difficult to get permission to have the remains relocated.
  11. Oddly enough, when they announced Firehawk Dane and I had to do several media interviews about it (most of which were posted on here) and a lot of people were asking about "Ft. Cooper" since that's what we referred to the area as in our posts. Of course, that was just for fun, it wasn't official.
  12. Oddly enough, when they announced Firehawk Dane and I had to do several media interviews about it (most of which were posted on here) and a lot of people were asking about "Ft. Cooper" since that's what we referred to the area as in our posts. Of course, that was just for fun, it wasn't official.
  13. I must admit that Bear Track Landing is my favorite water park in the world. First of all, it's indoors. That makes it smaller, cleaner, and easier to manage than any outdoor water park. Plus it is weather proof and always has a mild temperature. Additionally, I like the selection of water rides, the close proximity of rides to each other, and the shorter lines due to fewer crowds. In conclusion, my # 1 water park is Bear Track Landing at the Great Wolf Lodge. I stayed at the lodge twice this year and will surely return. Have a great day! Italian Chef
  14. Which waterpark is your favorite?
  15. KI is at least somewhat of a thrill park. They're shooting for people who want a relaxing day at Geauga. At least that's my take on it.
  16. ^ PTC and GCI not wanting to build trains for SOB has little to do with gauge. In all honesty, if you look at the history of the ride, would you really want to be associated with it if it could hurt your company's reputation?
  17. According to Kinzel on his conference call they removed X-Flight and Steel Venom to, "Create a more welcoming extrance to the park." Take that for what it's worth. Ryan
  18. If I had to put a figure on it, I'd say the ride is about 75% complete as far as vertical construction is concerned.
  19. I swear we spoil you people. Know how many Nick U updates we had last year? Two! And yes, you'll see more this week.... maybe. Ryan
  20. But are you assuming that it's false?
  21. Kind of a story as to how my first experience at KI came to be... Our family was an Americana family. We'd make one trip there a year and I absolutely loved it! The prices were low and you could bring in your own food. Not that really mattered to me... I was about 6 years old, but my family was never one to drop several hundred dollars on a true day of family fun. Anyway, one day we had my aunt over for her birthday party. My aunt isn't exactly the richest person in the world. In fact, she's been on disability for problems with her nervous system since I was little. She never had kids of her own, so she would do things with my older sister and I, such as enroll us in, and drive us to and from swimming lessons, and do things that were normally labeled as family activities at her church with her. Anyway, off my tangent: she blew out her birthday candles and said that he wish was to have nice weather the following Friday. We of course inquired about such an odd wish, which is when she announced that she was taking my sister and I to Kings Island the next Friday with the money she got as birthday gifts. I tell you what, that next week couldn't have seemed longer!! Zip ahead to the next week - we finally made what seemed to be the longest drive ever up there. Of course, the drive is only 40 minutes or so from northern KY, but it could have been a 10 hour drive as far as I was concerned. We made our way up there and walked straight back and hopped on one of the first rides I had come across at KI... Shake Rattle & Roll. I'm not going to bore you with a 15 year old trip report, but I will say that the day climaxed with my first ride on The Racer, which terrified me at the time. You see, people make their way through life only to make grand plans for themselves with only a few instances in their lives which embed them, mold them, and change the course of their lives forever.. even if they don't realize it at the time. If you want to know the true secret to the success of this site then this is what I'll tell you. That park up there in Mason creates a moment like that every singe day that it's open. If, by doing this site, I can enhance one family's experience... or even one person's experience at the park then all of the hours and pennies put into this is well worth it. That is why you see such a commitment, such a passion, and such care put into everything we do here. If we loose site of that for just one instant, I assure, you we will fail. Ryan
  22. Everyone has a story and this is where to share yours. It's without a doubt that KI is a big part of our lives, in one form or another, so I'm asking what your earliest memories are of KI. Have you gone your whole life? What was your first ride? What did you most enjoy at KI when you were younger? Have fun! Ryan
  23. Half truth -- you have a 264ft drop, which I believe is drop height to stopping brakes. Can anyone verify?
  24. Charles -- You don't know how happy am I for you about the new gig. I've known Charles for about three years and he has always HATED his job... no, I mean, I THOUGHT I hated my job, but I totally bow down to how much he hated his bank job. The best of luck to you!
  25. You guys never cease to amaze me. We're getting five awesome new shows and we're talking about logos being painted on the ground??
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.