Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

welchce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by welchce

  1. Great video. I loved the beginning when you were driving past KI; I thought it was hilarious. The part I loved about what I saw from Maverick is how the fountains follow you around the lake like someone trying to shoot you (very nice move by CF to add that extra touch to an already thrilling ride).
  2. Nice. How does one get invited to one of these said events?
  3. These people are probably from TOSU (The Ohio State University).
  4. Great video, I love the song. How did you get to go in the woods of The Beast for those last shots?
  5. There's no telling that this is a coaster or not but here's an interesting snippet from www.screamscape.com about Michigan's Adventure... Back Pathway Expansion - Rumor - (6/13/07) A reader visiting Michigan’s Adventure the other day recognized what appeared to be Dick Kinzel and Camille Jourdan-Mark taking a tour behind the Timbertown Railway Station where there were quite a few orange and yellow survey flags marking some new project. Anyone else been by the park and noticed these or happen to get photos?
  6. Very nice. I probably would've been thinking "I hope I'm getting a life-time pass for this."
  7. I'm pretty sure this has been around for a while because I remember looking at it a while ago in Beta testing and stuff. But the bird's eye view is probably the coolest thing ever. I love looking around the property and seeing all the empty land around KI's current park boarders and just wondering what could be in store for the future.
  8. That is partially disgustingly long... but also very awesome at the same time.
  9. welchce replied to welchce's topic in Trip Reports
    The lines were really short. I think that the front seat is the best on Firehawk since you can see everything. How did she like it?
  10. welchce posted a topic in Trip Reports
    Today my friends and I made a trip to Mason, OH, mainly to check out the Double Ride Tuesday deal. We started off with riding Firehawk since 2 of my friends had yet to ride it. They of course loved it. After several more rides and lunch we rode the coaster formerly known as Beastie. Some laughed at at my friend and I (picture two six foot guys one about 180 the other about 250 sitting in the front car of a ride made for kids). My one friend who is 6'5" couldn't fit so he just stood by the side and watched. We were about to double ride it because we could but decided not to because we would be stealing the seats of little kids (or so my one female friend coerced us to believe). Then we made our way to the P.i.M.p. father (well he does/did have 2 children with no signs of a wife), The Beast. We wanted to use the double ride feature on this roller coaster since it is a great one. However after entering the station, there was barely anyone there and we should've just picked other lines and gone through twice because it would've taken less time. But alas, we were conned into just standing in the double ride lanes and waiting. It would've been a lot better if it was actually necessary since we could've walked around and gone on several times. But it did feel awesome to just sit there and laugh at the people getting on and off. Later in the day we were going to double ride Face/Off but we didn't have enough time before we left to wait the 40 minutes. One of my favorite parts of the day was threatening the dude sitting in the first tower on White Water Canyon for soaking me with the water fountain. He quickly fired back bring it on. Too bad he was back in the woods or else I would have. So then when we came to the second area with the fountain we yelled to the lady in the tower to cease fire and that we surrender. Of course I got soaked again anyway. After yelling at her when we were off the ride, she replied it's my job and we yelled back "You'll rule the day you cross me." Overall, it was a good day... too short as always. P.S. Today Tomb Raider was running without sound and the line was really short
  11. welchce replied to Irok's topic in Kings Island
    TaDa! http://www2.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/even...ts.cfm?ec_id=27
  12. welchce replied to Irok's topic in Kings Island
    Well if you had a Gold Pass, you could get into Nick Universe at 9:30 on Mondays, Action Zone Thursdays, and Coney Mall Fridays. It's glorious because no ones there. Most people are waiting by the rose and if you have your pass out you can walk by them and an attendant there will let you pass.
  13. Disney can't do what? Have you ever been to Disney? Because making a statement like that, I'm sure you know that Walt Disney Imagineering spent six years researching, designing and building Expedition Everest, including many trips to the Himalayas to collect reference material and observations. And you must know that they spent $100 Million on Expedition Everest.
  14. That does look awesome. Did anyone check out the video that was linked on the page? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QjNDdNCmv0 Even though the cars look like X they don't rotate at all so you (The Interpreter) don't have to worry about it having any troubles with the trains.
  15. Why did they said they don't like it?
  16. I was just about to say the same thing. I have a season parking pass and Gold (actually Maxx) Pass and it great to just flash your card to the person at the entrance to the Gold Pass parking area and not having to worry about messing with every where else.
  17. One of the things I love about IJST is the awesome techno songs they always have playing. I always get pumped up before riding it. They do get people through quickly but I don't remember them ever trying to interact or anything. I was tempted to vote for a crew which I knew had no complaints this year but then again I haven't heard anything good about them either, SOB. So I decided to vote for The Beast because they are usually always having a good time and trying to get people to yell. They do it on Firehawk as well but most people are already excited about it since it's new.
  18. I have yet to try to scan my pass several times and have just gotten my hand stamped like everyone else. As with the parking pass, I have no idea. I'm guessing as long as the picture that appears when you scan your pass is you, they can't say you can't come in.
  19. Then you should sit down and take a load off your feet.
  20. At the ride they say that you're allowed to have like cell phones and other things with you as long as they are in cargo pockets. They don't suggest you leaving things in the regular pockets by your waist since they can fall out easily with all the flips and you won't be able to get them back.
  21. Well it could be worse... you could've not went to a GCL school.
  22. Good good good. I have yet to go but I'll do my best to be there at least once this year.
  23. My favorite picture is of the shark skating. You don't see that every day.
  24. Speaking of Fear Fest, it's included for season pass holders, right?
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.