Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

standbyme

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by standbyme

  1. standbyme replied to a post in a topic in Kings Island
    Merry Christmas to everyone here at KIC!
  2. It was a peaceful evening. EASY: A shot in Coney Mall HARD: A shot of "the bear".
  3. EASY: A shot of any member besides yourself at the park. HARD: A shot of any of the paintings on Zephyr.
  4. My question would be: "On average, how many times do you roll your eyes a day while reading the KI Central forum?"
  5. VERY cool (No pun intended) of the park to do this! Good luck to everyone here.
  6. Easy: Viking Fury Hard: White Water Canyon drained...during the summer.
  7. In this world the lawyers would say yes...and it boggles my mind that they seem to manage to convince a jury that it's true.
  8. ^He's just showing his age!
  9. ^You made my evening...thanks!
  10. Taken during a 2009 official tour. Hard: One of the groundhogs that hang out over by The Beast. Easy: A Halloween Haunt scaractor. P.S. Nice to see you post PKIDelirium.
  11. standbyme replied to deb's topic in Kings Island
    Actually the people with working turntables is increasing, as records are making a small comeback. You may possibly be right, I know there is still that vinyl niche out there...but my theory is that the number of people over the age of 40 who decide on a daily basis that it is time to finally pack up their old turntable outweighs the younger generation who are out there buying them. (I see them at rummage sales and auctions fairly often.)
  12. standbyme replied to deb's topic in Kings Island
    homestar92, that is very nice community spirit...I hope you enjoy your record!
  13. Even though I am not a Deep Space person I think that is a VERY cool/amazing find! I would also love to know the back story of how it ended up on the ride...was there a phone call like "Hey, you got anything "space like" laying around the lot you don't need?" P.S. Yes, this IS probably your nerdiest post ever!
  14. standbyme replied to deb's topic in Kings Island
    ^The number of people who still have a working turntable keeps getting smaller and smaller every day...but if you can play CDs* there are seven different titles to purchase that feature the "Queen Of Kings Island"...including a Christmas CD**! http://www.bandorganmusic.com/machines/mqueen.htm *Just so you kids know, that's an abbreviation for Compact Discs. **And yes I know...the number of people who still have a working CD player keeps getting smaller and smaller every day! P.S. I manage to get some odd looks from the people I work with when I play one of these Queen Of Kings Island songs!
  15. I'll draft KIfan73 into the game! Hard: A shot of KIfan73 at the KI Central Day asking Mr. Helbig what the park had planned after Diamondback...keep in mind Diamondback was still being constructed at that point! Easy: A shot of the damaged phones in Diamondback's line.
  16. standbyme replied to bdboy007's topic in Kings Island
    The loser wins.
  17. Cool idea Paul...I doubt I will be able to participate a whole bunch...just super busy lately...but I do think it's great that you are trying to make this off-season go faster for everybody! Taken during a Club Blood tour back in 2008. Hard: A shot of someone enjoying The Crypt. A shot of Delirium's storage lockers. Easy: A shot looking down on the fountain.
  18. and Dippin' Dots great ice cream? Since I will probably not be around to to see it for myself...I wonder if they will still be using their "Ice Cream of the future" slogan?!
  19. Two future signs that I have taken the last stop at Willoughby...I have stopped posting on here...and there's a selller with a ton of Kings Island memorabilia listings on eBay.
  20. ^Thanks for your opinion. I had thought of that, but I was not sure if the park ever cleaned the rust off of the tracks every year or so anyway...if so, a clean(er) track wouldn't matter. I never plan on selling it, so resale value would only become an issue to my heirs.
  21. How about a picture...i'm torn whether to clean mine or not.
  22. I wish I could get paid to report these kind of "findings". What a shock that injuries have been going up right along with the increase of bouncehouse's popularity. I haven't even bothered to actually do the research...but my "finding" is that skateboarders have a greater risk of serious injury than cornhole players...but in one of my seperate "findings"...cornhole related injuries have been on the rise over the last few years.
  23. Thanks for taking the time to post your report...it was a fun read!
  24. I am about to invite the wrath of Jerome Silberman...my gut tells me that "he" is an alias for another poster here on the board. The majority of Jerome's 26 posts (so far) are negative. (You would think a member of a park fan site might have something nice to say about the park instead of just critiszing other member's posts.) I am guessing "he" does not want "his" other name to be connected with these type of comments and saves them for Jerome to post. I might be wrong about this...but one thing is painfully obvious, "Jerome" has an axe to grind with KI-ORIG-EMP. (Where's Avatar when we need him?!)
  25. Even after Gene lost Gilda he was never this bitter.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.