Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

standbyme

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by standbyme

  1. I feel bad for anyone who liked it...but besides Invertigo it is the coaster I will miss the least.
  2. Even if they don’t announce it people will still have time to ride it.
  3. Thanks for sharing, I am glad that you enjoy your job so much. When my nephew reached 48” he was so proud of himself when he got to ride Vortex for the first time. (I am sure it looks massive when you are young.)
  4. That ship sailed a LONG time ago!
  5. I agree, it doesn’t make sense to me either...except for none of my family consider it a must ride when we go...but by the definition I think you might be onto something. Firehawk just doesn’t seem to fit the teaser...but maybe it’s Mustang Sally all over again!
  6. The definition for a Vortex is: a mass of whirling fluid or air, especially a whirlpool or whirlwind. So wouldn’t “The air is eerily calm” teaser fit that better?
  7. standbyme replied to a post in a topic in Kings Island
    Gator, thanks for the info. I had forgotten some of those things...it brought back nice memories.
  8. standbyme replied to a post in a topic in Kings Island
    I have attended every year of Fearfest & Halloween Haunt. There have always been highlights and lowlights every year...but it is still my favorite time of the year to visit the park. I still wish that they would up charge us season pass holders...even if it were only $10.00...but no more than $20.00...anything to knock the crowd back to a tolerable level. Back when it was an up charge you could get in multiple rides and haunts in on both Friday AND Saturday. Nowadays the scariest thing about The Haunt are the crowds on Saturdays!
  9. I’ll mess with McSalsa’s scoring system with my answers! 1. Diamondback 2. The Beast 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Racer 5. King Cobra 6. Adventure Express 7. The Beastie 8. Top Gun 9. Top Cat’s Taxi Jam 10. Vortex
  10. I didn't see those coming!
  11. You’re both too kind...my vote is Jaws 4: The Revenge.
  12. I agree it was an amazing looking structure...but it really was like being put in a paint shaker. it reminds me of an old Springsteen song: “You can look, but you better not touch”.
  13. I did not ask the park map question because I notiiced that it had already been submitted...but this was at the top of my list of questions that I would l was curious about. The big park maps have always been one of my favorite souvenirs, this answer gives me hope that we will see their return! A sincere thanks to Chad & Don for taking the time to answer the questions...and of course Indyguy for asking them.
  14. Which is what makes nice memories for the whole family...I still have mine from the original ones.
  15. I am looking forward to the cars...especially during Halloween Haunt...hopefully we will see the return of Route 666. Thanks Kings Island for keeping the park fun for all levels of thrill seekers.
  16. I just finished watching the new documentary "David Cassidy: The Last Session". It is interesting...but sad. But the reason I mention it is because for a very brief 5 seconds or so there is a shot of David filming the pool scene at Kings Island Inn. (You see lighting rigs and either the poolside table has been switched out for this shot or simply covered in a black cloth.) Comcast offers it on demand at the moment.
  17. 1. Any plans to give Viking Fury some long over due TLC? It has needed a new paint job for more years than I can count, it would be nice to have someone talented take some time painting the woman on the front of the boat really nice & detailed. (It would be too much to hope for to have a sail reinstalled.) The ride seems to still draw enough of a crowd to deserve some love. 2. Where did the “goldfish” go in the pond? (Did they die or were they removed...I have been told both stories by employees.)
  18. I have had a few, but my two favorites are: Viking Fury...being the only one on the ship was awkward, especially when you outnumber the crew. The Beast. (Front row of course.) This was over 10 years ago, it was a cold rainy October day...not too many brave souls out and about that day. (There loss!) It was so much fun having the whole train to myself and something I'll always remember.
  19. I personally love the spieling...it keeps things interesting. I didn’t catch his name, but there was a great guy at Viking Fury when I was there a few weeks ago. He would interact with people on the boat...if they were wearing a sports jersey he would comment on the team, call out a a guys mutton chops.. etc...all tastefully done and fun. It helped pass the time and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Keep up the good work!
  20. I visited the photographers website, there are some very nice photos there. The site features many different topics, including lots of Kings Island. It is pretty obvious the photographer is taking pictures of people that are not in his party...and offers prints for sell on the site. I am guessing the park has become familiar with the photographer and that is why he was singled out...just my guess though. On a side note, I am also curious what kind of camera he was using, if you watch the video his hand/arm partially “fade out”.
  21. Very sad, but interesting. Thanks!
  22. Thank God! Dinosaurs Alive lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. I will give that it was an ambitious project...but it never thrilled anyone in my family. I agree with Avatar...the possibilities for use with The Haunt of Winterfest are endless, I hope they keep it for that, I don't want to lose anymore trees.
  23. Oh the good old days...how I miss them!
  24. There is some great stuff there! It is obvious that the park has someone who seriously loves the park thinking a lot of these things up. If the Tomb Raider drum beat is the one that I think it is I look forward to hearing it in the park again. (Years ago I created my own loop and still listen to it every now and then!) Keep up the good/creative work Kings Island!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.