Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

standbyme

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by standbyme

  1. standbyme replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    I am the first one to admit that fireworks have lost all their specialness*...but it’s still sad to see that kids would rather look at their phone than fireworks right by them. *And ironically I blame amusement parks for this. It used to be something special to look forward too that you could only see once a year for the 4th Of July, now we can see them so often they have become mundane. (Even though the fireworks themselves seem to keep evolving into nicer and nicer creations.) Personally I wish the parks would only do them one night a week at the most.
  2. standbyme replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    The only flaw with that theory is that after Michael sings the words “Everybody hurts”...he sings “sometimes”...shouldn’t it be everytime!?
  3. standbyme replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    And while decoding, always remember: ”Ride, Sally Ride”.
  4. That’s interesting because it has always seemed to me that VF’s ride ops were more outgoing and fun...like they are enjoying their day. It’s too bad it’s not a fun ride to work at.
  5. I was gonna like your post after the interesting info...but not after you added this!
  6. Thanks for the info! Is that why it is closed so much during Halloween Haunt...usually a more wet/ rainy time period?
  7. (No offense to anyone involved with this bathroom discussion...I just found at amazing how many posts are in a thread about bathrooms. )
  8. Adding that last line wasn’t really necessary...I think I had it figured out half way through your post!
  9. True...but doubling it?! (My paycheck hasn’t doubled in the last 15 years!) They could have at least made it 3 tokens for a dollar, that percentage of an increase would have been more realistic.
  10. I never would have guessed that..it seems like some guys go way out of their way to make a mess.
  11. At 25 cents my family wouldn’t mind spending a couple of bucks squirting random strangers after we got off the ride...at 50 cents a shot that probably won’t be happening much anymore.
  12. standbyme replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    That is so sickening sweet...it sounds like something you would hear on a show like “Touched By An Angel”.
  13. That I agree with.
  14. So...are you saying that no one can ever change YOUR mind? (I like to think I am flexible...)
  15. @Linny, I don’t know if the $29.99 is a discounted website price...if not, just purchase them in the park when you arrive to save on the service charge.
  16. Choosing a place to eat does get more of a challenge with a little one...the first thought in your head is “Is there anything _____________ can eat there”!
  17. Shouldn’t that have read differently?! (Just me trying to make a joke/be a jerk! )
  18. standbyme replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    Nice job throwing on the “imo”... more posters should take note...imo.
  19. standbyme replied to fryoj's topic in Kings Island
    And to those people I would say the same thing we say at work when someone complains about their job....don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
  20. I started buying these last year...they can be a lot of fun. I usually hide the label and have everyone try and guess the flavor. Some of the flavors don’t quite seem to taste like what they are supposed to...but they are (usually) still good. The worst one was the onion flavored...but it was right on the money!
  21. Nothing against them, but I think something different will be nice.
  22. According to The Weather Channel, a lot of cars will float in 1 foot of water.
  23. It’s the fact that it says “his truck”...and not the “park’s truck” that seemed odd to me...but of course we do not have all of the details...so I am by no means judging.
  24. “On another occasion while she was in his truck with him, Nelson began driving aggressively at high speeds, "putting [her] safety at extreme risk," according to the lawsuit. “ Why in the world she even be hanging out with him on her own time?
  25. standbyme replied to MaestroJr's topic in Kings Island
    In the “it’s a small world department”, I also have a 4 year old that I carry out! But, since he likes shoulder rides it’s no big deal...and I know I will miss giving them once he’s too big...so i’m enjoying it while I can.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.