Everything posted by standbyme
-
2019 Meals and Restau...RANTs
Yeah, now that that post it note has been filled out, heads will roll!
-
Haunt 2019 Discussion
Ha ha! Cute location for your watermark...at first I thought KI Central was finally getting some love from the park.
-
Souvenir cups
I also hang onto my refill cups...they are fun to look back on. This Halloween Haunt cup would probably my all time favorite...I just like that it looks like there was some effort put into the design so that not only is it functional, it's a great souvenir. I only show this Son of Beast cup because it's so awful! Whenever I look at it, I wonder how in the world anyone thought this was a good idea...it looks like it belongs in an adult book store. I loved this time period of cups. The design of the cup was easy to hold, very sturdy...and once again, a nice souvenir...plus it was nice to use at home for everyday use. The park kept this style of cup for at least 3 years...I miss them. I do NOT like the newer "slap a new sticker on the same old cup year after year" design that has been happening lately. I think they look cheap.
-
Viking Fury not operating
Those were good times! Back then, whoever the person was that originally started that tradition should be proud...it lasted years longer than the ad campaign did!
-
Orion Construction Photos
I can never read/hear the word “catwalk” without thinking of Right Said Fred’s “I’m Too Sexy”. (Not that that’s a good thing!)
-
Kings Island 2019 Discussion
Yeah, that’s where I’d draw the line too...loading a car is way too much work, it’s my least favorite thing about going on vacation!
-
Pass Perks
There must have been a push today to get people back to the park...today I received a perk offer for an additional 15% off of food. Not too shabby...I would love to get one for an additional merchandise discount instead though. (FYI: I have visited the park 5 times this year.)
-
Did you all see this?
It should to everyone, because $2.99 IS less expensive than $3.00...psychological or otherwise.
-
Orion Coming to Kings Island in 2020
Since the decoding thread is closed, I didn’t know which new Orion thread to put this in...so I guess I’ll just post it here. I have a question for the decoding experts: Now that we now know that Project X is called Orion...how many of the clues do you feel were accurate...and how many were “red herrings” like “Ride Sally Ride” to throw us off?
-
Orion Construction Photos
Nothing exciting...but it made CNN: https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/16/us/kings-island-orion-roller-coaster-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
-
Decoding 2020
That is so fitting...I hope you have a fun evening.
-
Decoding 2020
I was thinking, wouldn’t it be a great plot twist if @collin.klopfstein and @Kodistict were working with the park to throw us all off by posting days old photos of track sitting at CSF, all the while it was actually being delivered daily.
-
Decoding 2020
My guess is that they know that you are closely watching it...and reporting it here...so they aren’t going to move it until they absolutely have to.
-
Decoding 2020
That’s the nicest way someone could say that you’re fat...”Oh, you look like you’ll go fast!”
-
Decoding 2020
I always enjoy your enthusiasm. (Ah, to be young again!) I hope you appreciate your parents...they seem to be great. Not every parent would be willing to drive by a factory just to look at some pieces of metal lying around...plus letting you attend the announcement ceremony! I am sure that these are memories you will talk about for the rest of your life.
-
Decoding 2020
There, there, don’t take it personal...
-
Decoding 2020
Aren’t you the optimist!
-
Decoding 2020
-
Decoding 2020
I sense a new Oliver Stone movie coming soon.
-
Decoding 2020
-
Enchanted Voyage Questions
I agree, to my last two nephews who grew up with Snoopy at the park, he IS Kings Island to them. If they see a Snoopy item in a store like Target or somewhere, they say “Look, they have Kings Island shoes!” (Or whatever else it might be.) I still think that seeing a character that they watch on TV would be even more of a thrill for them...but I will also admit that Snoopy has now come to represent something special...something that they will always identify with the good times they’ve had at the park.
-
Decoding 2020
I am not talking about the licensed theming, I understand those. I am talking things like the fog, the billboard, the flags, the carrier control room on Top Gun which could have continued when it was still Flight Deck. On Back Lot the cars were cheapened into just shells...the helicopter stopped going up and down...and I won’t count the “stair effect” or the water pond because those were gone almost instantly. As for Tomb Raider/The Crypt... the chamber doors were just left open, the “Goddess wall” was simply painted black instead of putting anything in it’s place. i am not an expert like some people...I am sure there are several more.
-
Decoding 2020
Same here. It seems that when a new ride opens with amazing theming there is only one way it can go, down. (Top Gun, Back Lot & Tomb Raider being three good examples.) I would rather have a nice looking ride that the park can easily maintain. It has always been agony for me to watch once great theming deteriorate year after year.
-
Decoding 2020
I like how you used a slight variation on R.E.M.’s “It’s the end of the world as we know it”....the park’s teaser campaign is obviously creeping into your subconscious.
- Decoding 2020