Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shman

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shman

  1. Shman replied to monkeyman's topic in KI Polls
    Good article dude.....and thanks for actually including the entertainment department as part of you reasoning for visiting PKI. A lot of people just over look the shows and stuff, It's good to see some publicity.
  2. Yes, that is what i meant....the framework for the funnel has been put together on-site (constructed), however it is not in the parking lot. As I said in the original post it is in the flattened area next to wipeout beach, opposite of the wave pool. If I remeber corectly this is close to where it will be installed, so I think they are just building near by so they just have to lift into place when the time comes
  3. Yeah....I heard that Jeff said that major construction wouldn't begin for a while.....but I know what I saw, and it is there. Also....even if there wasn't footers poured yet that wouldn't really play into anything. The framework is just sitting on the ground, it was not installed anywhere, and I think it is just in a staging position. I am sure that we won't see it or the slide portion go vertical for a while, especially if it starts to snow soon.
  4. Hey guys I thought I would just let you know that I drove into the park on Sunday and I notice that there is a lot of action going on out at Boomerang Bay. The first thing I notice was that the tower from the old speed slides has been covered up in a black netting of some sort, I think they are sandblasting it to get off all the old layers of paint. There were some front-end loaders in the area between the original waterpark and the first expansion area (AKA waste-of-space) so it looks like they are getting ready to get rid of some of the concrete in that area and prep for the new stuff over there. But the BIGGEST update of all is the fact that the funnel portion of the Tazmanian Typhoon is on-site and constructed!!!!!!!! It is just the steel frame working, no slide/tubing, and it is not installed where it will be constructed. But it is definatly there and it is visible from the associate drive past the waterpark, it is sitting in the newly leveled area next to wipeout beach. Let me just tell you that this thing is BIG.....I can't wait to see it go vertical....It is going to be a cool site. Well I just thought I would let you all know what is going on, looks like we will see a little bit more done sooner than we thought
  5. Actually you are correct...there are a lot fewer gas lamps on International street now a days. They were removed because they created quite a unique problem.....it made it very difficult for cars and trucks to navigate the street during the night and off-season. The park did move a few into the flower beds along the street, but most of them have been "removed" <---- I say that because by removed I mean that a lot of them have been taken out by trucks over the last few years. I myself have seen at least 2 in the the past 2 years be hit by matinence trucks. In fact one was hit (by someone I know) earlier in the season this year right before the park was going to open for the day, they closed down that side of the street until they had the pole removed, the gas line patched up, and paving stones put over the open hole.
  6. I was once told that Delerium WAS supposed to have lights installed on the underside of the frisbee....don't know if it is true or not, but if you look closely there are some squares on the inderside where it would make since the have lights. The only thing about having color-changinging lights on all the rides is the plan fact that it is expensive. It does run a very pretty penny to buy things like that. An interesting fact about the fiberoptic lighting.....PKI has been debating this for a few years now, in fact Fiberoptics was the main thought for what to replace the lights that outlined the Intnl. Street buildings for all those years. Two years ago PKI determined that they need to take those lights down because they were unsafe (FACT: the lights on those buildings were a temporary installation for the celebration of the first season.....because they were supposed to be temporary they just used strands of christmas lights....These lights were so appealing that KI decided to keep them....a few years ago PKI determined that the bulbs were to unsafe to change when they burned out.....plus many of the sockets had rusted away so the lights would not work) That is why the lights are no gone.....you will find a few strands here and there...but the do not work anymore. Maybe in a few years we will see Intnl. Street lit up again....most likely by Fiberoptics....maybe even colorchanging...who knows. As for the Lights on Sky Flyer....they were originally fiberoptics wraped around the legs with Robo-color lights feeding the color-changing light. Unfortunatly the design was very poor...the light Robo-color fixtures were located half way up the towers which made it very hard to maintain them. The lack of constant maintence and poor design is what led to the lack of lighting now. But I do agree that it was very cool...and I think that if the park does the Fiberoptic project on Intl. Street they should buy a little extra and fix up the sky flyer...along with adding it to the sling-shot.
  7. PKI is not advertising free season pass admission to Fearfest 2004. Nor have they ever. The deal with the season passes clearly says that if you buy a 2004 season pass now you get free admission to FearFest....this year. It is the same as if you were buying regular admission. PKI would not advertise stuff about FearFest 2004 because they don't even know if they are going to do it.
  8. Shman replied to PKIJake's topic in Kings Island
    Trust me...the KC trains are in the drum of FOF....they are probably not able to be seen by riders because of the darkness. They are on the far left side of the drum (Opposite the launch side) near the final corkscrew. They have been in there since the ride was taken apart. I have seen them many of times when I have been down in the bowl. As for the original topic of the boneyards.....KC is being stored in multiple areas, most of the track is down by the fireworks site on the road behind FOF. There are also some pieces of the track out by the old greenhouse(I'm not sure if it is still being used). There is another boneyard out on the edge of the park by the associate lot where the second half of the old PT cars are stored, along with some old logs flume logs, the original TR:TR display, some old cars, and many other misc. things. ALL of these areas are off-limits to anyone but the authorized personel who work in the departments that use them.
  9. Unfortunatly the lack of atmosphere decorations is yet another side effect of the free admission to FearFest this year. The park is concerned that because the event is free there will be an increase in Families walking around at night, including those with real young kids. As a result the park decided that the scary stuff needs to be mostly confined inside the houses....and the the scare actors and decorations that are usually outside were to be not so scary/non-existant. As for the Ushers telling people lots of different line times. SML hit the nail right on the head (He knows) The line times are pure guesses becuase the timing of the houses change almost every 15 minutes. The send more people through and put less time between groups, or they put more time inbetween and less people...it is constantly changing.
  10. The Route 666 attraction only has corn stalks at the end of the ride, this is too simulate a drive through a corn field....kinda playing on a children of the corn thing. Other sections of the attraction include a drive through a Barn infested in vampires, a drive through a toxic waste facility, and a drive though the Blood wash. This may not be the most scary attraction at fearfest....but I do think it is going to be very good/interesting.
  11. Finally they have announced most of the stuff that I have known about. One thing that I think most people will be supprised to know is that I saw the head of Design and Construction out a few months ago looking over the plans.....but he was near the baseball fields. So It looks like the park is actually going to be expanding outwards.
  12. Shman replied to DanielRadsgrl's topic in Kings Island
    Actually it will be a little bit easier this year......I believe (if I am not mistaken) that they will actually be removing the scrambler cars and arms this year....to give some extra room so the midway is not horribly congested this year.
  13. Shman replied to DanielRadsgrl's topic in Kings Island
    On Saturdays the park will close at 12 midnight.....and on Sundays it will close at 10:00pm. The family attractions and events (mostly held in HB & picnic grove) will be taking place during the day, I believe ending around 6.....The Maze of Madness, House of Darkness, and the Crypt will open at 3pm and run untill park close. And Route 666, the Circus, and Pyscho Path will open at 8pm and run untill park close. So be sure to plan ahead if you are going on Sundays, because those last 3 attractions will only be open for 2 hours. As for rides that are open after 7:00 I was told this is the list: Son of Beast Drop Zone Delirium Face Off Adventure Express (Forward) Racer Antiques (Route 666) Dodgems Flight of Fear Vortex Action Theater (Elvira's Superstition) Beast Flying Eagles Tomb Raider: The Ride Some rides that MAY open after 7:00: Monster Zephyr Shake Rattle and Roll Rides that will be CLOSED for all of October/November: WaterMaze (weather) White Water Canyon (weather) Scrambler (Cue line for House of Darkness)
  14. Well in all reality they wouldn't even have to worry about the Ice rink at all. With all the advances in that field that have been made they can easily use a Glice rink instead. What exactly is Glice???? well it is a synthetic material that can be used to Ice skate on......ever wonder how Disney has Ice-Skating characters during the holidays at all their parks.....That's how. Glice is not frozen water like the Ice rink was....so it could really be laid down anywhere....including the new fountains and you would not need to worry about damage. Plus if the winter is unseasonably warm....above freezing, then you don't have to worry about closing down the rink
  15. Hey everyone......with the post season starting this weekend and the closing of all of the summer shows (Vibe, Spellbound, Young Country, Pulse) We can look forward to a triumphant return of one of the parks most popular and the most requested show.....KARAOKE 2003. I know that I have heard nothing but complaints about the absence of Karaoke this summer, so I hope that everyone will enjoy the return of the show. Make sure to stop by the bandstand and watch as people try to make their way through (sometimes poorly, yet humorously) some of their favorite songs.
  16. Shman replied to A. Beaver's topic in Kings Island
    Hey everyone.....I am here (one of the few times this summer) Anyways....Karaoke was always a really fun show....in fact one of the most popular....It had some of the highest attendence numbers of all the shows. Anyways.....Karaoke will be back this Fall starting in late August. As a result of the high demand....(People ask the entertainment staff about it everyday at least 3 times) They are going to bring back the show once all the other shows end. As for the hosts....look for a new host this fall....(but you will probably recognize this one from around the park.) And look for the triumphant return of D.J. Scott (who by the way A. Beaver....is much hotter than either host .......especially that old man Nate.....and he can sing much better too!!!!!!) As for the Host who was wearing a nametag.....I think he just wears that to look like he is important or something.
  17. As Dragon Lord said the blacktop was mostly just a the beginning of the trail....but there were a few other spots (Hills and incline/declines mostly) that were also paved. The added blacktoping was added for the electric wheelchairs that they allowed to travel through the trail. The blacktop helpped the chairs manuver the hills. As for Fearfest this year....I think that they are hoping that the free addmission will help bring in more people...who will then spend more in the park itself.....Having the park all open so I think that they are thinking that the games, food, and up-charge attractions will help bring in more money. Plus I have heard a lot of the plans that are in the works for this year...and I can tell you that I think there are going to be some good improvements/changes/ and additions this year. It should be a good time.
  18. Shman replied to Return_of_Yogi's topic in Kings Island
    The Tomb Raider stunt show is basically a poorly thrown together traveling show. If you look closely you can tell that they are not use to this size venue. In all the other Paramount Parks this show has been put on in their large concert venue, so they had a lot more room to play off of and a lot more room for their effects. Having said all that I have in my last few posts about this show, I will make it clear....I don't think that this show is BAD....I just think that it is not put together very well....If the producers of the show expected the actors to speak dialogue then they need to make sure that the Stuntmen/women can deliver lines without accward (sp?) pauses and they need to be able to sound like the characters they are portraying. While I agree with Shaggy in the fact that the park should invest in a high quality permant stunt show facility...I disagree that they should use Showplace. I think that the only way to go about that is to build a new venue. Besides I thing that showplace is a great place for live singing and dancing shows.....If only we could bring back the days of having live bands play along with the shows..... :-) : Now Vibe on the other hand... the word for that IS bad : Just out of curiosity StXBomber....did you see VIBE at Showplace or the Bandstand.......and why exactly do you feel that BAD is the word to discribe it. I will agree that the show has some accward song choices and combinations....but I thing that the singers and dancers are doing a wonderful job with what they have been givin.
  19. Shman replied to Return_of_Yogi's topic in Kings Island
    The only saving grace for this show is the dirtbike.....and even that is lackluster. Paramount really need to think twice before they try to do stunt shows. The last three that the park has had have all been poor....and this one is only a step better. They really need to look into the company's who make the stunt shows for Universal and Six Flags....at least those are decent. I love theme park entertainment...and I really like stunt shows.....but it is almost a chore to sit through this one. If Paramount wants to seriously persue a stunt show then they need to build an area that is made to house such a show...and not try to fit it onto a stage that is meant for nothing of the sort. It is such a same to see a mainstage show such as VIBE getting the shaft (having to be moved, cut down, and made worse) because of a touring show such as the TR: CS
  20. The staute will indeed be used as an advertizement for the Tomb Raider stunt show....for the time being. But this staute is also a stepping stone for the park because they want to start featuring more movie props and displays throughout the park....this one will wind up being the first.
  21. Shman replied to NoLimits8705's topic in Kings Island
    Yeah...they were out there Tue. night and they did a run of the show....It was pretty good, but it still needs some work. The only song that is a repeat from Pop Fusion is Just got Paid. Other than that one I don't think there are any being used again.
  22. I don't really know how they are going to do Vibe on the Bandstand....but I am sure that SML is on the right track....probably just the singers, but I am sure that they will sill do some type of dancing, kinda like the old pop shows they used to have on bandstand (Metro Pop, etc...)
  23. As I stated in a previous topic when I first brought up the possibility of the Tomb Raider special event the Stunt Show will be taking place at the International Showplace for those 2 weeks. It is still uncertain as to what will happen with Vibe for that time....but my guess is that they will move it to another stage...possibly Bandstand.
  24. Yeah...well my life basically consists of the park right now.....I've been working out there almost every day for the last week or so. Plus with being away from school right now my computer acess isn't as good anymore. <some unused footage includes a unamed member of these boards singing along with " Rolling on the River. " ........Very funny stuff. > Yeah, I bet that would be some funny stuff to see.......
  25. Once again Yogi is on the ball and faster than me. The front gate greeters are in deed members of the Nick Show Company. I have talked to a few of them about it and they say that the job can get very insteresting out there.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.