Everything posted by Shman
-
Festhaus
Live Entertainment will be making a comeback in the Festhaus for Winterfest. The "Show" will not be like what used to be in there, but at least there will be something. Look for a new stage to be built in the building and a revival of performances. As has been stated on here already....contrary to popular belief the Festhaus was not built specifically for the ice show....in fact the ice show was added later in the history of the festhaus. The first shows in that theatre did have a german theme, and the stage was used for a large live singing and dancing show during the original years of Winterfest. Escapades.......now there is a REAL show!!! I love how live shows were done back then and I wish Paramount would shell out the money to get a show and performers of that caliber back. I remember the opening scene of the Pirate Ship battle!!! And then the Little Mermaid scene with the dancing turtles and tap dancing scuba divers....those were the days!!!
-
Fearfest
No.....guests can not wear any type of costume or specialty makeup into the park for FearFest. Any guests wearing costumes will be turned away at the main gate. The exception to this I believe is children under 12? participating in Nick or Treat.
-
Fearfest 2005
From the test site: We are getting loops on Top Gun for FearFest!!!!! LOL Anyways.......yes Fear Street is the old House of Darkness with some new twists. Headless Hollow is the new Sleepy Hollow area/attraction that is in a new area that I won't tell Massacre Manor is the new name of the Sleepy Hollow attraction from last year. And there will be a new scare zone called CornStalkers.....but you'll have to wait for more information on that
-
PKICentral Gets Schooled by THE MAN
Hey everybody.....don't forget you get one more chance to see this awsome show this weekend. The show will run Sat, Sun & Monday. 1:00 2:30 4:30 5:30 6:30 Everyone should try to go and see it before it closes.....it would be cool if we could all get together and pack the house for that last show on Monday!!!
-
FearFest-RingMaster's Edition
Actually this has been done in the past. It was done in the first or second year of Fearfest (don't remember which one) They also added fog machines to Adventure Express if I remember correctly. But if I recall there was sometype of study done that revealed that the fog fluid used in these theatrical machines left a residue on the tracks that could create an unsafe environment.....or I think that is what I heard. Plus, depending on the placement of the foggers it could be really hard to get a re-supply of juice to the machines.
-
PKICentral Gets Schooled by THE MAN
Hey guys I LOVE this update!!! The live shows are a part of PKI that I think deserve a lot more credit then they are normally given. Its great to see you guys out there covering them. The School of Rock show is definatly one of the best shows PKI has put on in the last 5 years. The show is the complete package, great music, awsome lighting effects, great performers and even an easy to follow story line. It is great to see a good quality back in that theatre. Sure we would all love to see shows along the lines of Celebration and Escapades, the really big Musical Reveiw shows come back.....but I think that style of show is out of date, plus lets face it...those shows cost millions of dollars for the hundreds of costumes, sets, and performers. PKI hit it right with this show! One set, One set of costumes, and 9 on-stage performers....but yet a great quality show! As long as big-brother Paramount is calling the shots I think that this is the kind of shows we will be seeing....and I am alright with that Now.....we just need to get that huge Mission Impossible Stunt Show that is going in at Canada's Wonderland
-
FearFest Attractions!
Trust me on this folks.......you're favorite attractions will be returning, just with new names and some new features. The fact is big brother corporate got the hands on our event and wanted everything branded. The only attraction that will not be returning is the Curse of the Crypt
-
Nick attractions gone public?
I wouldn't expect all of those to be new rides.......more like new names for existing HB-land rides.
-
WCPO.com Posts PKI Webcam...
That camera would be on the Action FX Theater.
-
5/30
If you are talking about the strand of outline lights that are on one corner building of I-Street (I believe the Graters corner) you are wrong. That actually has nothing to do with Winterfest. That strand of lights was put back up a while ago as a test for some executives who were at the park, they wanted to see what the park looked like when those lights were still there, they just have been left on since.
-
School of Rock....Live in Concert!
So....the new live show "School of Rock...Live in Concert!!!" opens this Saturday in the Paramount Theatre. This show is a big improvement over the past few years entertainment offerings and it really rocks!!! Loud rock-concert style music, awesome lighting effects, kick-ass music from artists like Nirvana, AC/DC, Aerosmith and more. But the reason for this topic is to let you know that if you are in the park this Friday night, you could be among the first guests to see the spectacular show in a special preview performance. Word has it that there are 2 performances scheduled for Friday night that the guests will be allowed into the theatre for. I have heard the times 7:30 and 8:45 passed around......be sure to check this one out, it is really cool (I've already seen parts of it )
-
School Of Rock: Live In Concert Review
PKI already held the open auditions for all of the entertainment positions including a special open audition for instrumentalists which was the 2nd week of April. All of the shows including the band for School of ROck have been casted.
-
School Of Rock: Live In Concert Review
Yes....our show will basically be the exact same show as Carowinds and PKD. We are all using the Heartbeat production company who designed this show for all of our Paramount Theatres. This show is going to ROCK just as Chris said. There is a fairly large budget for the show which includes a lot of money spent for special effects such as pyro and concert style lighting. The coolest addition to this show will be the return of a LIVE BAND to a show at PKI, we have not have a liive on-stage band since the Cheers show in the late 90s. Rehearsals for our show start soon and the public will start to see performance by the end of May......Look forward to this show it's going to be awesome!!!! By the way....Chris illuded to it in his review....but do not get discoraged by the lackluster performance of the first song in the show......this is part of the storyline. The band is supposed to start off kinda weak then they really change into a Rockin band!
-
Lying Down Coaster
Yes....it is true. At the time Paramount was co-developing the original "flying" coaster with Vekoma. The two companies were developing and building Stealth at PGA and they entered into an exclusive deal that would mean no other company besided Paramount would be able to purchase a Vekoma Flying Dutchman coaster for 5 years, as long as Paramount agreed to build on in each of the parks in sucessive years. The agreement continued and Vekoma designed the next coaster for PKI to be built near Swan Lake (Rivertown Lake) However Paramount was displeased with the construction delays and final product that Vekoma delivered to PGA and they chose to break off the agreement. This promted Vekoma to offer the new designs to other theme park companies....and the first to bite was the Six Flags company. Six flags picked up the new model Flying coaster and delivered it to their newly formed Six Flags Ohio park. So there is the little facts about the planned, but never built flying coaster at PKI. I do not know about any theme that it would have followed....I don't recall ever reading about that....but this information about the agreement deal has been reported before.
-
Shows
Also as an update to the list I had earlier this years shows are produced as follows: Tuned In! & CMT's Turn it UP! are produced by IO Productions Star Search Live! is produced in-house by PKI's steller Entertainment Team School of Rock is produced by HeartBeat Productions.
-
Winterfest returns!
I'm not sure you should be saying "we" in your statement. I think that you obviously have nothing to do with the install of FearFest....or else you would know that it takes a lot longer than a few weeks to put up. We (yes I can say that...I'm part of the group who does all of it) take a couple of months to get FearFest up and running....we usually start in August getting things ready. You just don't see it all.....and trust me "if" winterfest was to return we would be getting ready for that starting early as well. Plus keep in mind that the Coney Mall area of the park was traditionally not open during Winterfest...and we could easily keep FearFest up until we were finished with Winterfest install.
-
Do you like the Parade
"It's a brand new situation Everyday's a Celebration Got the rhythm, got the Rhyme now Rockin' in the NICK of Time. Kickin' it all over town This Party's gettin out of bounds Everyday's a second chance... So get on your feet and Dance!!!
-
Shows in 2005
Another new show that they do not have listed on that page is CMT's "Turn It UP!" a new country music show at the Backporch stage in Rivertown. (I wonder why it is not listed?) This show should be premiering Opening Weekend. The Nicktoon Meet & Greet will still happen in the Nickelodeon Theatre.....but there will not be a "parade of characters" show like there was last year. At this time there is no solid confirmation on the live entertainment at Lt. Dan's .....but I would suspect a return. Also....the School of Rock show is going to be really cool....if things panout the way they are planned. We will see a huge improvement in show quality from last year's P.T. show "Magic of the Movies" Plan on this year's show being full of LIVE Music and minimal dialouge.
-
King Cobra Sold?
I would highly suggest that you rethink that and NOT post any pictures like that on the internet. You should be very careful about what you post on-line....Pictures are prohibited in any "backstage" area of the park and any transmission of any pictures from these areas by employees of the park can result in termination. Back on topic.....YES the Cobra car that is still on property has been moved out of the FOF Drum......YES it is currently sitting in front of the Lanscaping area.....NO I don't know why.....MY guess is that they are going to ship it off to PKD...or Canada for them to use for parts.
-
Shows
Yes, the live entertainment department of PPD&E was disbanded a few years ago....but the attraction design team still exsists
-
Nickelodeon Parade
The Nickelodeon Celebration Parade will still be designed around all current and popular Nick characters. Unfortunatly the demand for the "classic" Nick characters is virtually non-existant and you will not see these character in the park any time soon.
-
Shows
There are quite a few companies that the park has done business with over the past few years (Since PPD&E was disbanded) The major company is IO Productions, this a local Cincinnati based company that has produced Tuned IN! VIBE, Young Country, and Pulse. Star Search and other Karaoke shows have been produced in-house by the Entertainment staff. The company that produced Magic of the Movies was a company named Show Concepts. Spellbound was produced by a Las Vegas company (I don't remember their name) and Forbidden Magic was produced by Zigmont (The magician). I am not sure who is producing this years School of Rock show. Hope that helps. Also IO Productions has put their shows in other Paramount Parks as well....and the company is made up of former Kings Island Entertainment staff.
-
PKI BATTLE OF THE BANDS!
More like half the people in attendance that night................
-
Which musical would you like to see at PKI?
That Pink Floyd lazer show really isn't anything that spectacular. It was at PKI last year during the 4th of July weekend, and if I wasn't stuck there working I don't think that I would have stayed very long.
-
Whats Up With PKD?
For the last time....Post this stuff in the COMMUNITY FORUM!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't matter....thats what they are there for. THis section is a PKI message board.