Everything posted by beastrider97
-
70 year old man takes 7,000 roller coaster ride
Pretty impressive! I've seen him multiple times, and I believe I had a short conversation with him once. I love looking at his shirt every time he is there to see how many rides he's gotten up to.
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
It wouldn't surprise me if the Durga is still up in the Crypt building. Maybe it will even be lit up in the future HH maze.
-
What year were these fireworks?
I believe the signature effect alluded to was the fireworks on the Eiffel Tower.
-
Cedar Point Storm Ready
I really like the system that they have implemented. It is loud enough for everyone to hear, so that they can get to a safe place. I have been to Cedar Point when they have had really bad storms, and let me tell you, there isn't anything quite like it.
-
Soak City thieves
Since I only go to the waterpark once or twice a season, the locker price doesn't bother me that much. I'm usually with a friend, who I am able to split the cost with, which makes it a more reasonable price for me. My only complaint about lockers is the fact that I need to use one for Firehawk, but that is something for a different thread.
-
Why is there land clearing behind sob?
Interesting, I've looked at the Google Maps view before and never even noticed the signs. I guess I'm not as vigilant as I hope to be.
-
Why is there land clearing behind sob?
How have you been able to see these signs? I would want to get a glimpse at them myself.
-
New Giga what?
I enjoy Flight Deck for what it is. A short ride that is actually quite intense. When it is a walk on, I always enjoy a series of 3 or more rides on it before I walk back. In fact, no ride has made me grey out as much as Flight Deck, for some reason it hits me more that most other rides.
-
Why is there land clearing behind sob?
Signs of times? What do you mean by that?
-
New Giga what?
On Millennium's trains, it is labeled Intamin Giga Coaster. I think it is more of an enthusiast/manufacturer classification system for the height. If you mean an INTAMIN giga coaster, then you are correct. Leviathan is B&M's first giga coaster.
-
Downtown Disney's iconic balloon disappears after balloon accident in Hong Kong
Every time I have been to DD it has not been operating. Seems to not operate in any kind of wind at all, I guess conditions need to be very ideal. Maybe that is what caused the rupture in Hong Kong?
-
Holiday World Closes Pilgrims Plunge
I got nervous for a moment and thought the ride was closed for good. That would be a major monetary loss for the park.
-
Plans for Crypt
It will dissapoint me if management decides to keep the tall, ugly building Crypt was housed in for a HH attraction that doesn't need a building of that size. I would much prefer the building torn down and some landscaping done to that area. Of course, I wouldn't mind a new ride
-
Kings Dominion & Busch Gardens TR
Kings Dominion and both Busch Gardens have always been parks I have wished to go to. Verbolten looks amazing and is a good risk for the park. The downtime seems to remind me of an Intamin roller coaster. Hopefully, after a year of operation, they will keep it operational for extended periods of time.
-
Cedar Point crowds?
Friday usually isn't too bad, 30 minute waits being common for most rides. Saturdays are usually packed and waits can be long. Sundays are usually less busy than Saturday and about the same as a Friday. I like doing a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday trip because it gives enough time to ride everything and time to wander the park. There is also a matter of how you plan to go through the park. On Saturday morning, I did Maverick twice at ERT then rode Skyhawk 5 times without having to wait when the clock struck 10. I also got lucky on Sunday when TTD opened for ERT. I rode it 3 times with minimum waiting.
-
Cedar Point hotel recommendations
Breakers Express was a nice hotel the one time I stayed there. The location is good with McDonalds right next to it for breakfast, if you like that, and you get ERT which is great if you only go to the park for one day.
-
Is Kings Island just for ride warriors or not?
If you don't ride anything at all? Maybe, I don't think it would be worth admission to just walk around the park. The money would be better spent on something else that everyone could participate in. If you just rode the smaller flat rides, I think it could be worth it, depending on the person.
-
Soak City Disappointment?
Happened to me once, probably the worst I have ever felt. I think Soak City is good, while it has never been the best waterpark, it is a great way to spend a few hours. My only complaints are they had too many tubes in AR and too little in the new wave pool. It was impossible to get a tube in the wave pool, and the tubes were all right next to each other in the lazy river.
-
What's Your Favorite Moment on Any Ride?
The Beast's amazing double helix finale. Mystery Mine's short, but sweet, finale. The hangtime is fantastic. Last airtime hill right by the station on Millennium Force. Also, the entirety of the ride. Still my favorite roller coaster, no matter what the critics may say. 2nd launch on Maverick and the 2 airtime hills. THE strongest airtime I have ever experienced. My 2nd favorite roller coaster. The triple down and the return to the station on The Voyage. Launch on TTD Zero G rolls on Raptor Launch on Wicked Twister Launch and first hill on Storm Runner. My favorite ride at Hershypark, although I haven't ridden Skyrush. The hidden drops in Splash Mountain at WDW
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
I didn't know how to say it, but Terpy always gets it right!
-
Some Things I Noticed 6/14/12
I meant that two of the concrete supports were extended out to the center.
-
busch gardens cedar fair?
And Disney, and Holiday World, and Kennywood, and Alton Towers, and Thorpe Park, and Seaworld, and and and! That would be one heck of a Platinum Pass!
-
Some Things I Noticed 6/14/12
I went to the park for the day, crowds weren't too bad and I got to ride nearly everything. Some things I noticed: Dodgem is running the best ever, they felt faster and smoother. Easily the best ride I have had on them. Diamondback's helix support is much larger now, two supports now go out to the middle of the helix. I had a little time to waste, so my friend and I rode Flying Ace Aerial Chase. The crew running the ride at 9:40 at night was very energetic and funny. I love when they interact with the guests! Finally, there were groups of people there that were of the, "I can do what I want," variety. When I rode my usual Beast night ride, I got off and saw a security officer talking to some 19 year olds. From what I know, one was smoking a cigarette on the ride. I could tell from what him and his group were yelling. They yelled, "FU*K SECURITY," "I'm 19, I can do whatever I want." I glanced at their picture and saw him smoking the cig and his friend showing the bird to the camera. They also were riled up at a man who was wearing a Cedar Point single rider shirt for saying he was going to call security on them, which was the complete right thing to do. When we walked out the gates, I saw these fine gentlemen, the man in the single rider shirt, and a security officer. They were obviously yelling at the security guard and the man about how they can do whatever they want. As I walked away, I saw more security approach. These are the kind of people who can make a day unenjoyable, and it dissapoints me that there are people out there that act like this. I hope that they got a proper punishment, but with their attitude, I doubt that they learned a lesson.
-
Boat crash
Port Aventura in Salou, Catalonia, Spain. http://www.portaventura.co.uk/theme-park/polynesia/polynesia-rides/tutuki-splash
-
My Coasting For Kids 2012 photo report
The more I read about the event, the more I want to get out to the park for the event next year. I really hope it's on a Sunday I will be available!