Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IBEW_Sparky

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by IBEW_Sparky

  1. Go back much further than that.... Mott the Hoople!
  2. This is precisely what I am contemplating, and honestly counting on. It will be some form of interactive, augmented reality with possibly even a laser image or hologram projector that shows a sawblade slicing the center of the train between the left and right side riders. I know that last bit is more of a thing a Disney park would do and its not a high-odds proposal for a CF park, but it would be pretty sweet. The chances of a launch of any sort in that distance are less than nil, and the structure very clearly shows there is no option for any form of drop/raise track with the open construction of the support beams for the shed. Edit: Furthermore, there was a statement made in the live interview about the experience being different every time. The only people I know that make a drop with variances in drop cycle programming are the Mouse Brigade, and I dont see CF adopting that tech in any form.
  3. For those without (guessing) $12 million to build your own version of what KI "should" have gotten, and who feel they deserved "more"...
  4. HAHA! That is definitely in the top 5 images you have made, TB!!
  5. I know they are big time money, but are e talking Lamborghini Gallardo money, or Bugatti Veyron money??
  6. That sounds like something one would find at a Chinese Buffet.
  7. I know...and have known... that, which is why I DIDNT say NOTHING works in DC.
  8. I have only ridden it once, in 2011, and I honestly cant remember the ride. What happened to the airtime, did it get Cedar Fair-ed to Death? Now, so as not to be seen by the CF apologists as being unfair, lets hope that whoever decided to do the repairs in-house (if that happens to be the case) learned something from Paramount in what NOT to do when doing one's own construction work on a roller coaster. Edited for side note: Seeing the ride from Ricochet and Grizzly, I wish I COULD remember the ride experience, as the high speed, high banked corners looked to be a lot of fun.
  9. Something not working in DC is about as surprising as the Sun rising in the East.
  10. In other words, will the excitement be rekindled, or relegated to kindling?
  11. I really, really hope not. Sparky, who saw what you did there.
  12. If the park was Brand S, they could name it Chicken Hawk!
  13. AHA! They wooed Miss Lillian the Chicken Lady away from Dollywood, and they are building her a new house back in the woods. Chicken Blessings for all train riders in 2017!
  14. Now that i know that, I could see it being a positive thing for the park, with the public saying "Right on, good move Dolly, if it doesnt work right away, lose it." instead of trying time and time again, modification after modification, removing the lo.... never mind.
  15. Oh absolutely, its definitely premature to lean towards either direction as of yet, I was just curious as to what your thoughts were concerning possible public perception, be it positive or negative.
  16. Being someone who has been around the industry much longer than I, do you think that removing the ride would ultimately A) help or B ) harm Dollywood from a PR standpoint?
  17. Not to mention, producing the card equals less $$$$ for the parks, which is totally counter productive to the concept of removing bins from ride platforms and adding rows of lockers. Have the computer that prints passes also print a barcode that matches the one on a person's pass, and have said passholder place the sticker on their drink cup if they choose to buy one. The sticker MUST be attached to a cup to be valid, to eliminate passing of the sticker to others. Scan pass, scan drink cup, the computer will block if codes dont match.
  18. In regards to FoF, this is the first year since Ive been going to this place (2006, 2008-14, 2016) that they have been doing the seat assigning garbage. When, and why, did this all of a sudden become a thing?
  19. I certainly hope so, and by that I mean, I hope it is proven that the rides and ride owners had no liability what-so-ever, and that it was 100% the fault of the guests in both incidents. I dont want to see these wonderful rides turned into automatic trim-brake filled, 5 point harness required piles of garbage. And before I hear the "They already have trims"... just stop before you start. I know they have trims, I am talking of MORE trims. That is what makes these rides fun, the speed.
  20. That reminds me of the comparison between food shown on a menu board, and the food that actually gets served to you.
  21. The only ones Ive ridden that compare in terms of speed and ride cycle, are the ones I used to ride as a young child at a yearly summer carnival back in Iowa, and the Rough Riders at Holiday World. Ive not had the pleasure of Knoebel's.... yet. In regards to the Sky Room, I will second Brad's statement, in that there needs to be a return to the splendid food you speak of, Terp. There is honestly only one meal that isnt regular park food, and thats the Chicken pasta dish. The waitress who served us was incredibly nice, and was actually engaged, interested, and knowledgable about the park and its current activities. THAT, was a very welcome deviation from what Ive come to expect from non-suit wearing park employees.
  22. Id suggest taking advantage of your 5th Amendment Rights on that question, lol.
  23. The last two times I was at CP (Coastermania 15 and June 7/8 of this year), they were working like clockwork all day and night. And, yes, I agree completely in regards to said launch tunnel.
  24. I mistakenly forgot to state what coaster I was talking about with the water interaction.... that was totally my bad. I was referring to the ones on Maverick, the water cannons. Sorry for the confusion.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.