Everything posted by silver2005
-
Types of coaster we don't have ?
Strata has already been said a couple times. I think the only coasters over 400 feet are Top Thrill types. And an Intamin LSM shuttle coaster.
-
Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees
Just make sure someone brings Snickers to the announcement.
-
First Ever Kentucky Kingdom TR July 5th-6th
Since when did bias matter in trip reports?
-
Types of coaster we don't have ?
1. I have more faith in KI in terms of maintenance 2. It still would have been worth it
-
Hersheypark 2017
I don't know if the clues would match up, but I think the feeling is that HP will finally be getting a dropping tower (going by multiple coaster forums here). silver2005, avoiding the capitalization filter.
-
Types of coaster we don't have ?
I kind of wish KI was fortunate enough to have received a looping masterpiece from Anton Schwarzkopf back in the day. He did delve into terrain coasters. Man...I can just imagine him working his magic at Kings Island.
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
I hate when the line separators try to guilt trip into making you go with a group, and they ask something to the extent of 'You're willing to skip a cycle and wait longer to ride by yourself?' I get suckered into that all the time when I go as a single rider at Kings Island, particularly in instances when a group behind me hears the conversation and I acquiesce due to feeling a bit of pressure to go with it and I don't want to escalate things.
-
No Splashing Available on Diamondback
The transparent screen of death.
-
No Splashing Available on Diamondback
This topic's title sounds like a computer error name on Diamondback.
-
Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees
B E A R C A T Just my 2 cents.
-
For All You Banshee Veterans.....
I think Banshee was a good investment. KI was practically the only park of its size without a full circuit inverted coaster (mainly due to the CP clause during the Paramount era), and even with Diamondback, Beast and Vortex, KI could have used another coaster at the time which had decent capacity. I think it perfectly rounded out the thrilling coaster collection at KI and anything after that are the cherry on top. KI stll needs work in the intermediate ride collection though. I think KI could use more flats and some coasters from the likes of Mack.
-
The Beast needs to be updated
Here's a Beast POV from 1979 with the 2nd tunnel split into 2 tunnels and no tunnel on the helix. Also, its before the first turn after the first drop was profiled to bank the turn and the ride has the kicker tires.
-
For All You Banshee Veterans.....
Going by coasters similar to Banshee- I've ridden on 4 B&M inverted coasters- Banshee, Raptor, Great Bear, and NJFTP's Batman: The Ride. I've also ridden 2 from other manufactures- Volcano: The Blast Coaster and T3. It is my favorite among all of those, though, for me, Great Bear, Raptor and Volcano still give Banshee a run for its money. I will admit there are few steel coasters that are as good as or top Banshee going by my own experiences.
-
Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees
Yeah, on most wooden coasters, they just get big piles of lumber and cut and shape them on site. You won't see obvious track parts unless we start seeing the steel rails used on RMC's.
-
Cedar Point 2016 Talk
Just more reasons for me not to use refillable cups or meal plans.
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
What, you didn't try WWC in the ever trustworthy presence of Captain Biscuit?
-
What will put Kings Island above Cedar Point?
Considering how much Leviathan and Fury 325 cost, I don't think CF would pay for a steel coaster over 8,200 ft long (just above Steel Dragon 2000's length).
-
Guests Say The Darnest Things
See also Thunderation at Silver Dollar City, to an extent.
-
Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees
I remember news outlets running with concluding that Diamondback was going to be a dive coaster entirely based on the construction of the splash.
-
Dollywood 7/9/2016
Thunderhead after it rains is magical.
-
Wait times for Sundays in July? Really busy? Hard to say?
Going from my experience working at the park back in the day (I've pretty much never been on a Sunday otherwise), Sundays are kind of like Saturdays, but way more unpredictable in terms of crowds. There were some Sundays I grabbed a ride or 2 after work, others where I wouldn't even try.
-
Can I take a purse on White Water Canyon?
On the preferred water cannons at WWC, I prefer the ones at the tail end of that area by the employee tower. I've noticed that most riders are focused on the row with the red, blue, white, etc cannons. Those final ones are great at catching them by surprise, even when they get blasted by the first sets.
-
Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees
Going by the list of RMC rides, all of their Iron Horse coasters were previously wooden coasters. Their Topper track coasters are all entirely custom rides. So far.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
I would also like to clarify something in regards to Thunder Run, at least a notion I had in mind before riding it. While it looks like a mirrored Hurler clone, there are a lot of differences in how they're designed. The Hurler twins have everything way more stretched out. Thunder Runs hills are a bit sharper in the curvatures at the top of its hills and the drops immediately go into the curves. That first bunny hop is absolutely wicked, especially with that slight curve. That entire first stretch of airtime hills are fantastic.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
I'll be honest, while Storm Chaser was pretty good, it wasn't that overly good for me. The portion from the first drop up to the 2nd roll was fine, but the double-ups and downs and the final helix section was very awkward in terms of the forces. I felt like on one of those mechanical bulls, and not in a good way. Personally, for steel coasters at KK, I give the edge to Lightning Run. I think I would have liked T3 better if it weren't for that lap bar cutting of the circulation from my thighs and lower. Some of the elements felt shaped in a weird way where it kind of has these pulses of weird forces throughout. I did enjoy the layout overall and it was way smoother than I expected. Thunder Run, however, is the best coaster there to me, hands down. Also, whoever designed the paths on the water park side of the bridge (including placing T3, RRR, Skycatcher, and SC way out by themselves plus the way the bridge interacts with the paths) must have been on some serious drugs and boos.