Everything posted by Oldschool75
-
The Giga Speculation Thread
Here is my "prediction". This seems to make the most business sense and would correlate with the closing of Dinosaurs Alive. There is a lot of land between Racer and FOF for a station and queue. Also opening up the entrance to Coney Mall would help traffic flow.
-
What ride did KI make the biggest mistake in getting ride of
Biggest mistake they made was getting rid of Enchanted Voyage/Smurfs and KCKC Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Coasterstock 2018
I know I look like I’m sticking my tongue out. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
What could 2018 bring KI
Paris,London,Berlin, where should we go next...I’m Hungary. I really want some brisket though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
I can say someone employed at KI did it. Full timer, seasonal employee, who knows? Someone does know if it legit or not, but they won’t say either way on this forum. Just be mindful of those who think they know all that happens in the park, because they likely don’t have a clue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Coasterstock 2018
Yep, it’s been on my calendar since the ACE holiday party. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
What will replace Dinos Alive?
I found out what is going into the space previously occupied by Dinosaurs Alive....fossils. Lol Well, only employees had access to that area during Winterfest since it’s on the other side of the tracks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
2018 Construction in Coney Mall
Here you go. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Winterfest Questions
Doubtful, as the start up temp for MT is 35F Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
More than likely MT has given its last rides for the year as temps for the remaining days of WF will not reach the start up temp of 35. Then again, Cincinnati weather is crazy and changes very quickly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
What will replace Dinos Alive?
And cost of transport would be a little less with B&M. LOL Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
Sorry, I figured it might have been removed. I re-added it to the post. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
I posted it , but apparently the admins removed the link. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Official: WinterFest 2017
Here you go. You have to give them props for trying. Since it’s a new coaster they would have to see where the threshold was concerning cold and snow. Of course an empty train is going to go much slower and more of a chance to valley. https://youtu.be/JexX-I6I4Kw Video provided by Brendon Carey
-
Coasters for Winterfest future
It would make sense for Racer. They could technically shut down one side after the labor day weekend for its yearly overhaul, then reopen it for Winterfest. That would give them 11 weeks for a rehab on the one side. Not sure if it could be done in that time. I know there is a lot they have to do during winter breakdown. I guess we shall see.
-
Coasters for Winterfest future
Honestly, I don’t think they should open anymore coasters. Winterfest is a not about rides. I can do that the rest of the year. I enjoy the holiday activities and shows. I’ve been twice and rode MT once and Zephyr once. That’s it. I’ve enjoyed all the Winterfest activities and atmosphere. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
The Giga Speculation Thread
I heard they may be burying some fossils.
-
What is the minimum temperature for MT during WF?
I would say probably not. Then again I’m not going to Winterfest to ride coasters. Go enjoy the Winterfest activities. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
What is the minimum temperature for MT during WF?
GP. I know enthusiasts will ride it. LOL
-
What is the minimum temperature for MT during WF?
Start up temp for MT is 35 degrees, but can run in lower temps once it’s running. I’m thinking he said maybe 25, but doubt people would even ride it at that temp. This was said at the ACE Ohio Holiday party by Don. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Will Gerstlauer ever come to Cedar fair?
You know you can go to Dollywood to ride a Gerstlauer Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Ban the single rider line
Not sure what happened. Somehow it decided to quote you. LOL I removed it.
-
Ban the single rider line
Here, read this article. It simplifies the single rider scenario and may be easier to understand. You do not wait any longer in line due to there being a single rider line. Actually, when Diamondback had a single rider line it chewed through the queue. http://www.ocregister.com/2016/06/24/robert-niles-do-single-rider-lines-help-shorten-lines-at-disneyland-and-other-theme-parks/
-
25th Anniversary Tickets
I'm hoping to pick up a Jerry Dowling 25th Anniversary print somewhere to frame with these tickets. No luck so far. (Image from cincyillustrators.blogspot.com) Anyone know of one for sale. Not seeing anything online.
-
25th Anniversary Tickets
I thought I would share this. An old friend from school was going through his stuff and found these. He said he thought I would appreciate these instead of throwing them away. 4 unused Dry Run day tickets for the 25th anniversary season. Now I just need to get them framed for my office. Way cool. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk