Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

74Gibson

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 74Gibson

  1. 74Gibson replied to Zorba's topic in KI Polls
    And for that, Rob Halford was arrested by the fashion police
  2. I nominate Firehawkboy for Understatement of the Year Award!
  3. 74Gibson replied to Zorba's topic in KI Polls
    I love riding hands up but as many have said, some rides will just beat you if you do. Maverick is a great example. Hands up for the first hill through that great airtime hill but hands down during a lot of those twist and overbanked turns cuz it'll beat the crap out of my shoulders otherwise.
  4. I'm pretty sure that's the last bunny hill heading into the final helix (with the train on it) and the second hill (in the background). If you look at the diagonal supports, the hill in the first has one coming on from the left and the hill in the background has two coming from the right. Look at other pics and even the track layout diagram and you'll see the match. Obviously I could be wrong but that's what I see.
  5. TB I had just taken a bite of yogurt when I read that and seriously almost lost it. Very funny, sad truth but very funny.
  6. Both sound like likely reasons. I really am anxious to see how they finish out the landscaping in that area.
  7. Did I miss something or is it the video this blog was about?
  8. Didn't se4e a link. Here's a mounted cam POV
  9. I just cant get over the 30 secs of airtime. I was thinking about the second drop, it might only be 22' shorter than the first but it drops way into a ravine so the peak is much lower than the lift hill. I think we'll be flying over it. Looked quick in the testing vids. I really think DB has a great shot at being my overall fav coaster. EDIT: ^ I think that's a great question. Don't know the answer either.
  10. Thanks for posting that!!!!!! The Eifel Tower part was amazing. It gives you an idea of how huge of a project it was. On the safety note, I'm sure those workers were very skilled at walking and working on that steel but what about wind
  11. I thought nobody says "I wanna be a junky when I grow up."
  12. I'm guessing just this year... humble opinion not an expert one.
  13. From Fort Wayne, I take 24 E right by where my frined lives. We take that into ohio, then N on 127 merge w/ 15 and continue N to 80/90. We also take 6 into Sandusky. There was little to no traffic till we hit the tolls. Hopefully we head out early enough to regularly avoid it.
  14. ^ The wording came out a little bit weird but I think I know what your asking. I would rather live 15 mins from one park than 2-3 hrs from several. I live about 3 from CP ( I found a short cut last trip of last yr) and 4 fromm KI. A trip to either is a very full day! To hit morning ERT @ 9:00 I'm leaving at 5 or 6 and I usually don;t get home till 2 or 3 AM.
  15. It's a 4 hr drive for me so I'm shooting for 3. I've also got some trips to CP planned but that's not much shorter of a drive.
  16. I have more concerns about sustaining parks in general than Six Flags specifically.
  17. I feel the same. It really is a cool thing. For the same reason, I really like the bleachers by the launch on TTD even though I've never sat in them. It's just neat when spectators can be a part of the ride. DB's splashdown is just a different game. People will love watching it and I don't wish that they would change a thing about the setup. It will be a gorgeous area that draws spectators and for people to get wet they would have to add a lot of concrete to the area and I think that would be regrettable.
  18. ^Oh you've just made me very happy. I've got one and will certainly use it.
  19. ^ Without a doubt DB's splashdown area is much more attractive. The connection to the stream is so classy!
  20. It was stated previously in this thread and If I remember right it was about 20%. It's there for looks not for breaking.
  21. First of all welcome and thanks for posting! I would think DB would be pretty intense for a "beginner" so I would follow the list above except myabe SOB. It has a reputation for being rough and will probably feel pretty unsafe to a beginner so maybe save it for later too. If drops are the scary part for you hit Fairly Odd coaster after Adventure Express (it's a kiddie ride but has enough of a drop to feel in the stomache). My wife hates drops but loves Flight of Fear. It's a fairly dark inside ride with inversions and a quick launch to start but my (typically terrified of coasters) wife loved it the from the first ride. Enjoy!!!!!!
  22. I am so happy to hear that. I hope others in the industry follow their lead.
  23. I for one am incredibly grateful for it. I've said it elsewhere recently but I am genuinely amazed at the caliber of CP and KI, comeon they're seasonal parks. I'm going to do all I can to help CF by getting as many people as possible to their parks this year and pushing people to spend inside the park. I don't care if it's only a drop in the bucket. THey've given my an adult playground and I'm going to support them in any way I can.
  24. I have always thought that guy is completely creepy! It amkes me think, good thing I'm not taking a kid to this park. They might as well have him pull up in a suspicious van with no windows and start grabbing kids.
  25. TTD. Really amazing for what it is...espiecally the acceleration. I never wait more than 30 mins for it though.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.