Everything posted by 74Gibson
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
I think they would take the partitions out before they filled it.
-
Diamondback shortening other lines?
I think the economy will have an impact too. People will be looking for cheaper entertainment and staying closer to home. I see attendance at amusement parks going up this summer.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Thanks for the pics! Seeing the train really puts the size of this thing into persective. Keep em coming please!
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Any word on the news crews. Have they entered the park? Gotten footage from the parking lot? I think if I was there I would put on a bib to catch all the drool! Anyway, how lucky is Dan. Seriously, to be that enthusiastic about coasters and getting paid for all the photo taking, messaging, seat testing/photo op. Not that I think it's all fun and games but he has to love his job.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
IF you just stay on it it will refresh/cycle, just not as often as it usually does. Or you can just stay here and wait for people to post pics.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Personally, I think it would be a bad idea for them to show the first test runs. This has basically been said before but, what if something happened. Even if it was routine or something insignificant, once it hit the web there would be no getting it back. That could cause a PR crisis over nothing. Keep in mind folks, Dan is every bit as excited as we are and quite possibly the biggest coaster enthusiast of all of us. I think it's pretty cool and we are very lucky that he has the job he does. However, there are decisions made that he must follow regardless of his personal enthusiasm. I'm sure they will show us test runs as soon as possible and if the are not showing ones occuring now, there is a good reason for it. Just be glad we've got the webcam at all.
-
Eiffel construction photos
Ahh you've got me remembering my high tech family and the pride we had in our new Apple IIe. Making printshop banners, playing Oregon Trail all day and learning math with Number Munchers.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
I went and watched the Raptor POV just so I could hear a B&M roar again. Then I got to missing CP so I watched the Magnum POV. Listening to the signature sound of Magnum's chain lift and not riding it was like a knife twisting in my heart. I have my days where I'm fine, but right now with DB doing test runs and I'm not there to see it, the off season is really getting to me. I did the exact same thing... in that order. I never did watch Mantis but I got stuck watching Maverick. I kinda forgot how much I love that thing. I'll never forget how mucch I love Raptor. I rode it 8 times (in under an hour, by the way) in a row on a dead day last year and didn't even get tired of it. I am really thinking DB has a chance of being my favorite coaster. I absolutely love B&M's.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Many moons ago, someone said they can't wait to hear the signature B&M roar at Kings Island. I absolutely LOVE that sound, and can't wait for the chills it always gives me when I hear it at my home park for the first time. It was me and I was imagining it in my head all day yesterday. I can only imagine the power and force we'll feel standing near that first drop!!!
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
That's just a great line. I havn't met him yet but I'm really starting to like him. I have a lot of respect for someone that makes a living out of their passion.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
^ I'd like that too! This que talk is getting me so anxious. It's making it all so real! I just keep imagining myself chatting with people in the que about the building process while my anticipation grows with each step closer to the platform. Getting that giddy feeling we had as kids riding coasters. Almost nervousness as I enter the train and then... Finally knowing if it is my new favorite. Ahhhhhh daydreaming. Oh yeah, I'm at work. Gotta go
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
I would hope the high capacity keeps the line down. I wouldn't expect them to build a huge que if it would only be needed for the first season or two.
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
So does anyone know if they are going use the orb thing for testing. Baiting the Terpster
-
How long do you spend on kicentral
I usually just hop on during slow times and breaks at work. So 10-30 mins. When I'm home I have far to many other things going on and rarely get on.
-
How Often Do Forum Members Run Into Eachother At Parks
I find texting very useful but kids go crazy with it. I use it to avoid a long conversation, to get a quick message to someone or if I am in a meeting or class and need to communicate but can't call. I think the back and forth thing is crazy. My neice makes thousands of txts each month! I always call if I need to reply to someone replying to my txt. As far as the age debate, I'm 31.
-
How Often Do Forum Members Run Into Eachother At Parks
^ Exactly my point. Sometimes we all need a break or else we'll break
-
How Often Do Forum Members Run Into Eachother At Parks
^Same for me. I go to amusement parks to get away from all the chaos of my professional life. I would love to meet up with KICentral mems whenever I go though and I Hope to meet many of you at Ride Warriors!
-
KIC Diamondback Tour & ACE Winter SOAR
I bought a $100 Samsung L200 cuz I wanted a small carry along and I'm thrilled with it! Who would have thought
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
On the fowl note, water does conduct electricity. Of course, we'd have to worry about blackened duck showing up on a menu
-
Dorney Gets Simplified, Loosened Tall Ride Zoning
Wow! I didn't know they got a Dominator too
-
Legendary Beast Roller Coaster Celebrates 30 Years Of Terror In 2009
It all happened due to coincidence but I still take pride in the fact thtat The Beast was my first coaster. No wonder I became an addict!
-
to refamiliarize myself
^ I agree completely and love that stuff...all the way to my muffin top The mix-ins are just make it over the top delicious.
-
Opening Day 2009
I too like the rain. I tend to hit the cosaters and higher thrill rides and ignore most other attractions so, a rainy day gives me an entirely different visit to the park. Giga I'm with you too. Last year I went to CP fairly late in the season and it rained that morning but cleared up 1/2 into the operating day... I think it was a 12:00 day. Maverick had a 40 min wait but everyting else was nearly wlak on. 10 min for TTD, less for Millie and the rest were all walk on. What a Day!
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
I hope that's Don on top of the lift hill. I'd love some more pics from up there!
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
^Yeah I keep having moments like that. The drop out of the MCBR looks awesome an higher than i invisioned (even though I knew the measurements), the helixes both look more fun than in the renderings, some of the "bunny hills" have pretty steep peaks which could be very intense. She just keeps getting better everytime I look.