Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IndyGuy4KI

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IndyGuy4KI

  1. I agree, good for him! I am also inspired when I see senior citizens coming into the park and getting on The Beast and other high thrill rides. I want that to be me when I get up in years!
  2. I voted DB for how fast it moves and how nice it looks. I realize this is because it is new, but none the less. I agree with others, FOF and FD are my next favorites.
  3. Holiday World would disagree with that.... http://themeparks.about.com/library/parks/...lidayworldb.htm http://www.wegoplaces.com/Attraction_39649.aspx And, see the first paragraph here under park history: http://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/theme...yworld_in.shtml Knott's opened in 1940, and Holiday World opened in 1946. http://jay-vickyweddingsite.com/Knotts_ber...rm_entrance.jpg What about other smaller parks? Not sure if they would be considered a theme park at the time, but like Indiana Beach. In 1926, Indiana Beach opened to the public.
  4. I noticed the trims a lot more in the front than in the back the last time on The Beast? I know the trims had not changed in one single ride for all I did was change seats on the same train with hardly any change in weight. So I can see how some experienced more trim braking than others on the same ride.
  5. They were not using them last Monday.
  6. On my trip last I never used the SRL. It went to the bottom of the stairs, and the regular line was about 10 - 15 minutes. I figured I was doing my part to move the SRL along and getting on in half the time had I used the SRL!
  7. Thanks for the info. I was almost right about the anti-rollbacks. I do agree with House though, they are very loud!
  8. It did that to me last week as well. I am probably stating this wrong, but I assumed the knocking was the "anti-rollback brakes." What is the proper name of that?
  9. This was not a proposal to do so. I do not even think they would dream about moving it. Just thowing out some Why's and Why Not's!
  10. If you picked up FD and turned it around so the station was closest to SOB's station. To turn completely around and face the same direction is 360 degrees. (FD would be in same place.) To turn half way around from let's say facing north to facing south is 180 degrees. (FD would be in opposite place.) Hope this helps!
  11. I just found one as well. I kidded others about going just for the t-shirt. I worked really had to be there, (got babysitter drove 2 hours) No way am I getting rid of mine! Like some quote says. "Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt!" Ebay page that I found!
  12. I am not scared of heights, but when you are at the creat of the hill at 230 ft in an outside row and you look down. It is very intimidting to me. I have not had a bad ride on DB on any seat, but the rush of 8-3 or 8-4 IMO is better than 1-1 and 1-2. Even though 1-1 and 1-2 give their own experiences that I love as well. My vote: back, outside seat
  13. IndyGuy4KI posted a topic in Kings Island
    After ridding FD several times last week. I was wondering if more people would ride it if it was turned around 180 degrees so you don't have such a walk. I love the ride, but don't ride as much as I like due to the station location. I wonder why Paramount built it with the station in the back? I am guessing terrain had a big part of it, but I think they would have had ease of access in mind as well. They would have saved a lot of money on sidewalk concrete! Thoughts?
  14. So far this year it has been KIC shirt, cargo shorts (with pocket flaps with Velcro or buttons to lock things in place,) and sandals. What I don't understand is when I see a female coming in with a nice dress or skirt on. I don't see how this is practical at KI?
  15. IndyGuy4KI replied to btcain's topic in Rumors
    With the FH capacity they really do need restrooms back there. I always like to go before getting into that queue, but it takes some planning ahead to remember to do so before you get to X-base, or take the hike if already back there. Maybe they can add a restroom with the contingency money for this "rumored" new ride.
  16. Correct me if I am wrong, but I was also thinking the angle they placed the seats on the trains may have some significant impact on this as well?
  17. Hey, it was to the left and it is not like I made it up, there is something there, looked like a boat as I did not get a good look. Hence the reason for the topic to help explain what I saw!
  18. I have not, maybe I am not watching the correct channel at the correct time?
  19. Those parks that number their flags barely made it to the top 20. I hope that have a better strategy this year, although I have not really seen much advertising from any park except HW and KI in the Indy market.
  20. Which is precisely why I intend to make my own. Sounds like a perfectly great idea to me. I've always wanted to make the basic outline of a car from The Beast or something into the coolest bed frame ever. Mine will have to withstand a little more force than the above, and definitely have good upstop wheels. I will put the trims on order for you! I could not resist!
  21. I probably don't have to mention what I think of trims - see signature - and I wish that all of them were gone. Personally, I don't think it's too much to ask that the coasters be as much fun as they were designed for. Beast's brakes are perhaps the worst, but what about Diamondback, Backlot, Vortex, Flight of Fear, RACER, Beastie, Son of Beast, Magnum, Maverick, Gemini, Mean Streak, Mantis, Raptor, High Roller, Excaliber, Wild Thing...and all of those are just at 3 Cedar Fair parks. I can't think of a single one of them that wouldn't run safely without the trims. Many of them didn't open with trims, either, and are just plain neglected and forgotten about - High Roller the worst example. This could be a top ten coaster for me. Giga - You're my HERO! Holiday World's coasters are all proof that you can let your coasters move, if you choose. Cedar Fair does not! So, who thinks the trim comments will stop from me?? Anyone? That's what I thought. Flyer, who wants to fly free of trims! You guys crack me up. You are starting to rub off on me. I never paid much attention to them before joining this site besides going "Hey, why is there a brake on the drop of The Beast?" Now my experience on a coaster is much different by feeling how the ride handles and "brakes" in certain areas. For that, I thank everyone here for changing how I ride a coaster and understand much better why I can get different rides on the same ride! I agree Giga, ridding The Beast Monday morning was fun, but not as fun as it used to be. It was much better in the afternoon. Trims should only be applied if the train is over a certain MPH, and only applied enough to slow it down to a desired MPH to make the ride a consistent speed. I am sure that is what they are going for, but that was not what I experienced on my last visit.
  22. Looks like you had as much fun as me on Monday. Nice TR!
  23. No, definitely was not a truck unless they are making them of what looked like wood boats now. Could it be part of the automaker cutbacks?
  24. Oh, ok so that is not a MCBR. Thanks! Here I thought I was talking intelligently for once till I read this! People are all the time asking why the train goes so slow up the lift and then sometimes stops before going again (I had a complete stop happen this week on the 1st lift.) I figured out a long time ago by observation that the train ahead of us has to clear the 2nd lift. I guess people don't pay attention to those things like us?
  25. Loved your slide show! Thanks!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.