Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Diamondback FOF

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Diamondback FOF

  1. WLWT just ran a story with a couple quick guest thoughts, and mentioned this site...sorta. "Almost half a million views on this blog about it" haha Edit: they also talked to Dennis Spiegel (spelling?). WLWT got the blueprints in hard copy, so they ARE public record (now I wish I wouldn't have been too scared to do a request for them...) Edit 2: "At least four loops, a corkscrew, and a coaster car that leaves riders hanging from the side of the track. It'd be one of four in the country."
  2. ^^Actually...maybe kinda a little bit haha I'd just be more curious about why his name was on there
  3. Gonna go out on a limb here... 8 inversions. Possibly 9. Seems far fetched and unlikely but that's what it looked like to me... As far as hoping CF wouldn't have a leak this time, I agree with that butttt these REALLY look to be hanging up in an office/trailer and (at first) sitting on a desk, like someone snuck in/recorded something they shouldn't.
  4. Gonna throw in my .02 and say these are real. These are ridiculously detailed, even containing the fine print "These documents...and copyrights and trade secrets [shown?] are the confidential and proprietor [proprietary, private?] property of Cedar Fair LP...." Even got Jeff Grenke's (spelling?) name right. Oh, and while in most cases it is written "vacinity", there's at least once where it was "vicinity"
  5. And where is your source for this? Isn't it usually independent sites that will stream it? And if not that, people will likely be live blogging it. Also, all the renderings, info, and any videos released will be online within minutes. Lastly, I'm sure people will record the announcement and later post it on YouTube. So, if it's hard for you to get to the park, there's no reason to worry. Kings Island tweeted there were no plans to broadcast it live. Ah, thanks for the confirmation. However, my point still remains for all who may have a hard time getting there. You will very likely be able to find out all the details just minutes after everyone there. People asked if there'd be a live feed. I answered. My bad for forgetting a link to the tweet; I forgot everything has to be cited, no matter how small... Yes, any and all info will be on here within 60 seconds of Mr. Helbig speaking. But that isn't a "live stream"
  6. For those of you who were wondering, the announcement will NOT be streamed live and you must be in Action Zone to see the announcement.
  7. Cedar Fair has had a Blue Streak for nearly 50 years.Homestar92, who simply HAD to I even changed my wording from "blue streak" to "a streak of blue" to avoid the smart alec-ness!
  8. Cedar Fair is done with red colored rides and is beginning a streak of blue?
  9. 206 feet tall. 195 foot drop. 7 inversions. And will feature stadium style/staggered seating, similar to Diamondback. *there may or may not (with the latter likely being true) be any truth contained in this post.
  10. http://s872.photobucket.com/user/AlexRB1994/library/2014%20Coaster%20Construction-%20June%2014?sort=3&page=1#/user/AlexRB1994/library/2014%20Coaster%20Construction-%20June%2014?sort=3&page=1&_suid=137143534837507954734489758255 Took these on Friday while at the park for a short time oh, and feel free to inbed any of the images in here if y'all would like
  11. The only personal issue I have with Firehawk is how loud the lifthill is with your head so close to the chain and catches!
  12. http://s872.photobucket.com/user/AlexRB1994/library/Coaster%202014%20Construction Some (not great) photos from this evening around 7:20. Later I'll edit a couple of them with notes/observations.
  13. Check on page 2 I believe...
  14. So what if...this isn't even a coaster...?!
  15. Ow! Might be a bit painful, eh?
  16. ^^It was discussed, and I believe people said the terrain back there is terrible for walking and not very conducive for use for things such as walking? Sahggy, I was thinking the same thing haha
  17. I have yet to see the grass for myself. Can you say without a doubt that grass seed was used here? A high resolution picture would be helpful here. Same here. I was, for argument's sake, going off of what others said. I'm hoping to make it back up to KI later this week
  18. There is a difference between weeds/trees/random grass and a field of grass.
  19. Well if they have started growing grass, that would seemingly show what area they aren't planning on using. No to be obvious or anything...
  20. Hello double post, courtesy of the mobile version.
  21. Possibly completely unrelated, but from the park's twitter: Thought I'd share anyways.
  22. I suspected that 2013 would be similar to 2008 for Kings Island and started lurking again when things got interesting in Action Zone. I just one-offed that post to try and help steer the discussion toward a more reasonable path, and will probably go back to lurking some more. That's pretty much what I've been doing; reading, listening, thinking, and giggling on occasion.
  23. ^On a side note, good to see you're back
  24. After riding Delirium, Flight Deck, Adventure Express, and Drop Tower a couple times yesterday, It was very apparent all concrete work was focused on the area that the go karts sat on, and a tiny bit directly behind Delirium. It did appear that the footers that people are saying for transfer track are a lot closer together than those for Diamondback, not that that necessarily matters. Also, that whole area seems a bit odd/jumbled to me. I personally don't see any of the concrete "lining up" to be for something like a brake run to station. The footer hole digger thingy (no clue about its actual name) was sitting just behind Sling Shot. In that area, it looked like there was a larger, almost triangular footer, sorta like the one for Diamondback's turnaround. I looked as much as I could, and I didn't see anything but a couple bulldozers sitting where the majority of SOB used to (out in the valleys; on a side note, none of these pictures do justice to the change of elevation and topography of this area). Just my random observations. Once more starts happening, I'll start taking my nicer camera and zoom lens up to KI and take some closer pix.
  25. standbyme, ive not had the time to login and comment with everything i have going on, but i do check back every few days to look at the new photos. sorry i havent showed any "supposrt" sooner. anyways...i LOVE your photos!! they are AMAZING! it's awesome that you took so much time, and worked so hard to do this project i really hope you can maybe do some more next year. i look forward to seeing the comparisons you have left in the coming days thanks so much for this!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.