Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Diamondback FOF

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Diamondback FOF

  1. I imagine that can't take long. They seem pretty simple so I'd say easily in a day's work
  2. The line is just to the right of this building:(the line is off the midway a bit more than the building, though)
  3. Oh wow, I would've thought it'd be a bit more competitive! That still isn't a bad time, it's great you jogged it, and top 10 is awesome!! Do you know what the winning time was?
  4. That great you still had a good time! What was your 5k time?
  5. Wait, they closed it after they just opened it for the second time?
  6. Wow you're very lucky you got your bag back! A few years ago my niece had a bag stolen while riding The Beast. She put it in the brown cubby. In the bag was her and her mom's pass, glasses, clothes, money, etc. They never got that back.
  7. It could be related to this... http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23938&view=findpost&p=430199
  8. I don't think I've ever seen it...
  9. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kings-island-mypark/id432987237?mt=8 Here it is haha
  10. haha wow, that's so weird! But kinda cool I like the painting that was on the outside of one of the cooling towers! According to the article, it never operated as a nuclear power plant
  11. Oh wow, thanks for that info on the CSI! I've probably seen it but will have to watch it again! And btw Ryan, your video isn't working for me....idk if it's just my internet or what, but whenever I try going to the video link, it just takes me to the site's main page.
  12. I don't see why that wouldn't work. I think I was thinking the first half being exactly like their current hypercoasters, trains included....idk
  13. If that of Flying Turns, or just the ride chasis on another ride?
  14. If it has a really long line (which I don't doubt) when it opens, the line will extend really far down the Coney Mall midway! There isn't much queue space by the ride... You can see the queue at the bottom of this photo
  15. I'm not sure where I got this from, but the typical trains on B&M's hypercoasters can't go through inversions due to the way they're designed. So they'd have to design new trains (which obviously can be done haha).
  16. It'd be nice if this was where a new ride would go in for next year. If something new is being added, putting it there would explain why we've seen no progress
  17. "It can't operate the way it is with the wood configurations. It's just too high and too big. And if you've noticed, is you guys are experts on roller coasters, there's no good wooden coasters that go over 80 feet, or 100 feet if that. Just the wood, the chemistry, the physics of it do not allow a wooder coaster to go over, I'd say, 80 feet" That's the quote
  18. haha yeah, I saw that...either a typo of this coaster is NOT leaving the ground!
  19. That's when haha Hopefully sooner...
  20. Maybe, hopefully, some work is going on back in the woods or behond SOB where we can't see it for something next year....but not for these pieces
  21. Well, I went to Kings Island last Saturday for the first time. It was nice weather, sunny, and fairly crowded! I also took my camera for the first time in forever soooo....here are some pix (I'm mainly sharing one's of WindSeeker because most people have seen everything else I took photos of) As others have said, the motion limiter things hadn't been added...I didn't see any, but I believe someone said they saw one. I do wonder if the designer always intended for them to be added or if they thought it was possible, so they manufactured the ride with the brackets in place. I guess that is to keep the cables where they're supposed to be, even when it gets windy. The view from Diamondback's line! I personally really like the blue railings they used around WindSeeker...I like the blue and these railings seem more sleek. the seats look uber comfy....but quite minimal! And now what everyone's been waiting for! We know how long til it opens... Also, here's the link to the album if you'd like to view the rest http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/ab289/AlexRB1994/Kings%20Island/
  22. I would venture to say it is crunch time and the workers are worrying some since they are working on Easter Sunday in the rain... Edit: I guess I missed a couple posts...someone already said this Unless they were scheduled to work originally... I seriously doubt they would've been scheduled on Easter Sunday if they didn't have to.
  23. Why are two day tickets the same price as a one day ticket?? and I think one day tickets last year were $47.99 or $48.99
  24. Sunday shows have now been canceled...
  25. How high did the river crest last month? It's forcasted to crest at 57.5' in a couple days...
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.