Everything posted by Diamondback FOF
-
Cincinnati Reds Opening Day 2009 (PTR)
First, great trip report. I had been to the last five or six opening day, but my mom and I decided not to go this year because of the cold and rain/sleet/snow . There were tickets this morning on StubHub for $19 though! Can you believe that? $19 for a ticket to Cincinnati Reds Opening Day!
-
Adventure Express Discussion
Do you know how expensive that would be? Not only to enclose the entire ride, but then to do extensive themeing? Also, to change the theming "every so often" would cost a lot just in doing that!
-
What ride was open the year you were born
Wait. You get around the entire park by lunch time? We are lucky to ride everything once in an entire day!
-
Diamondback entrance?
No one really knows eactly. You could get lucky and wait 30 minutes or have to wait 3, 4, maybe even 5 hours, although I think 4 or 5 is getting extreme.
-
Diamondback Trivia
Hey, Haunteed Trail Co-Owner, can you pretty please with sugar on top doi some more Diamondback trivia? Edit: I will get us started off for today with an easy question. How many 'vertical drops ' does Diamondback have? (P.S. You'll never get this one correct).
-
Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)
Yes, the shrubery has been there for a week or two now. Even though today is cold, dreary, and rainy, the workers are still out there getting things done. I saw about five people by the que line doing who knows what.
-
Six Flags Great Adventure - Nitro Gets Stuck
This is why there are the different sections of a roller coaster. So now the train with people on it wasn't dispatched. Oh well, no big deal. It was probably just because of it being early in the season and it may have been chilly in the morning.
-
all my kings island mugs.
Very nice collection of Kings Island mugs. And sorry. I don't have anything to sell.
-
Canada's Wonderland
So are you saying CW has better food and better prices for their food than KI? Also, is CW similar to KI at all?
-
What are your Coaster Goals this Year?
I want a front row night ride on Diamondback and a back row night ride on Diamondback
-
Does anybody else think Delirium will have new restraints
Since this topic is about Delirium, I thought I would talk about Delirium. I have only ridden it once and that was last year. I was scared out of my mind! But, I WILL ride it agin this year because it is a fun ride. Speaking of riding right after we eat, I can eat and get really full and then ride something immediately. I am proud to say I have never gotten sick while riding a ride. I may feel sick from eating too much, but not because of riding.
-
Suits against parks in 2008
Some of those law suits are really funny, like the fog ones. I know, it isn't funny since someone got hurt, but some things are just common sense. Also, the things people will sue for nowadays.
-
Diamondback POV
I know what you meant, but you didn't specify, so... . I was just having fun.
-
Right Now a Cloudy Opening Day
I checked the forcast on Accuweather two weeks ago to see what the forcast for the Reds' Opening Day would be. Guess what, they predicted rain in the morning with low 40s. Then a few days later, they changed the forcast to nearly 60. Then, about a week ago, they changed the forcast back to what they originally predicted and here it is. A couple of degrees cooler but we still had a little bit or rain. I've noticedd that Accuweather can be very accurate, even at two weeks out. I think it would be better if it rained a little bit in the morning that way it would keep some people from showing up in the morning. Then it would give us a litle bit more time to ride with fewer people. Edit: Now they are giving 58 and mostly cloudy.
-
Vortex Gets a New Paint Job
The track is orange and the supports are a dark navy blue.
-
Official Details on Kings Island's Ride Warriors Weekend! (ERT Info Released!)
Patience young grasshopper. Don't worry, unless something unforseen happens to the park, the event is going to happen. SPPN is one thing (it is small and not a HUGE event). But a two day event that people have to make plans in advance is something different. Don't worry.
-
Diamondback POV
Are you referring to the NoLimits simulation that was posted on the internet? If so, then yes, they are very similar.
-
top 20 posters
Yes please! I would like one Honeycrisp Apple cut into slices for to go! Also, I nice chunk of pineapple with some cottage cheese would be nice! Yummm. Now I'm hungry! *Diamondback FOF walks to the fridge*
-
Vortex Gets a New Paint Job
Um... you see, they could have moved the trains to paint and then put the trains back where they were. They wouldn't be in the exact same spot, but it would look the same from the road. Also, if the supports look blue, then how can you say it still has its old paint job. Maybe the support were actually painted.
-
Go Karts
I've never actually driven any of the cars, but I do think they look very fun and I really want to. I just think it is too expensive. I hope you report the cars that you drive if they don't have good brakes so the problem can be fixed.
-
What's the Majority age group here in the Ki Forum
Oh, don't be afraid. You can tell us what age group you're in.
-
Whats the tallest roller coaster youve ridden
Happy belated birthday!! My tallest will be Diamondback in two weeks on April 18 at about 10:30 in the morning!!
-
Vortex Gets a New Paint Job
I highly doubt that Flight Deck also recieved a paint job. I mean, there has been so much other stuff (Diamondback, Wings being changed, Vortex getting painted, etc.) being done, I think that is an investment for another year.
-
top 20 posters
Well, looks like Terpy is the top poster for today. I can assure you, all most of Terpy's posts are quality. Even the ones that aren't quality, he doesn't add to gain quantity. And Jackson, you have come a long way and become much better . I think you deserve a brownie point ! *Diamondback FOF, who feels like giving out brownie points today. Uh oh, now I need to go eat a brownie .
-
Diamondback entrance?
Yeah, I like the look of pavers better than blacktop or concrete. I assume the path between BLSC and DB is reopen. Did they put down pavers for that too, or is it asphalt?