Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shawn Meyer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shawn Meyer

  1. I hope this guy knows that both our Ohio parks have a long history, especially Cedar Point. Why would they want to mess up that chemistry? That's what I can't stand about Six Flags. They don't seem to care about the guests feelings. Everything is so corporate based. Now, as far as your mock ups go, I would be alright with that If they did that to Kings Island. Completely changing the name outside of It's history would be a slap in the face to these parks.
  2. I'm sure It's been mentioned on here already, but If they took out Timber-wolf outdoor theater, Congo falls, and maybe Invertigo, you have a huge area of land right there. Arie Force One might fit in there like a puzzle. Forgive me If this has been brought up already.
  3. ^ Have you noticed anything going on in there lately?
  4. I'm not happy with Six Flags for deciding to change the meal plan for next year. They should have left that alone.
  5. My thoughts are, stop price gouging the consumers on every single thing that you can. Nothing says greedy more than that.
  6. Yeah, I was excited too when they switched to lap bar restraints. As a kid, I would bang my head on those over the shoulder restraints. Happy birthday/anniversary to Flight of Fear.
  7. If that's the case, I hope they remove all the wood that was once part of SOB. Hopefully, they would put a brand new floor in there.
  8. ^ I wonder If that means they'll remove the whole station or parts that are within the station? Some of you have brought up those key points of the whole structure might not all come down.
  9. My friend that lives close to the park was able to see some footage of them clearing out the station. I don't remember what parts they were doing, but instead of demolishing it, it looked like they were fixing it up? Anyone seen anything lately?
  10. What do you mean?
  11. ^Hopefully, these are easy adjustments. I'm hoping that they work when I go back in September.
  12. Would KI possibly do a tweet once the regular operating season is over? My guess is they'll wait until then to start working on altering or demoing the existing structure. Then they would do a Tweet showing what's going on.
  13. ^ Don I hope they realize this with the number of complaints they probably get weekly. I was lucky when I went with my newly wed wife a month ago, that I didn't notice too many negative things. The only thing I noticed was unclean tables.
  14. I have a feeling that low quality flags will keep Congo Falls for a while since they're making so many cut backs. They seem to be fine with older rides and not fixing them like they should.
  15. After reading some of the comments today, what's the parks deal? Why do they have to cut back on so much stuff? Do they think the average visitor isn't going to notice some of these things? Makes me miss the Cedar Fair days from 2006-2024. All I can say is Six Flags, you wanted to merge so badly, now make the parks like they were when Cedar Fair was running the show. Bring back the Quality in things. That's what brings the guests back.
  16. I normally go to Coaster Stock every year, but this year I'm skipping it because I'm getting married about the same time that they usually have it. Although I'm still following whether or not they're having it this year anyway. If they decide to water it down like they did with Coaster Mania, I'll be very disappointed when it comes to planning it for next year.
  17. ^If you request it, could they still make you a plastic card?
  18. I'm excited to see this ride come back. I was just a baby when this ride was around the first time. I'm hoping they keep the guns working all the time so I have a chance to compete with my friends.
  19. I would add a Floorless roller coaster for the families. I know nobody buys those anymore, but with the wider track and vest restraints, it could be a hit for Kings Island.
  20. I miss the paper maps and brochures very much. I used to collect them. I still have a shoebox full of them. The last year I collected was 2018 before everything went paperless.
  21. I wish I could react with an angry emoji. Stupid corporate greed.
  22. You probably saw me. I am the guy in the grey sweater taking pictures of the first hill. I was taking multiple shots of the first hill of The Beast.
  23. Great photos Chad!
  24. I have to admit, I didn't see the backwards racer joke until today. That would be awesome If they brought that back, but the maintenance team would never allow it.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.