Everything posted by Shawn Meyer
-
Halloween Haunt 2022
Anyone know what happened to the Ogre that is usually part of haunt?
-
How much longer for Congo Falls?
I don't see why there would be any need to remove Congo Falls? People like to ride it and gets people wet like it's supposed to do. It's also been there since I was a kid; I'm 37 years old now. You guys are right though, it would have been moved already If they had plans to move it in the park. I wish that it was over in The Vortex plot of land now, but I'm guessing the park has a 5 year plan for that area.
-
2023 Offseason Speculation/Work
Wait....The pumpkin roller coaster is getting relocated? It's a kids ride and belongs in Planet Snoopy.
-
50th Windings Down, Haunt, Winterfest, & 2023 Passes
FFF?
-
Construction Marker behind SlingShot’s former area?
^ Well I thought it would give people another option since you can't take a camera with you on WindSeeker.
-
Construction Marker behind SlingShot’s former area?
Maybe Kings Island could put in a Ferris wheel there? If not, they could put an observation tower up like what Hershey Park has in their park.
-
Fantasy coasters and attractions
I was told that I was crazy for fantasy ideas I had by a friend who knows higher ups in Cedar Fair. Let's just say he's right and I can only dream. I told him I would love to see a recreation of Vortex by a different manufacturer. I also said that it would be cool to have the same kind of lift hill, the two loops, and the dive loop before the helix return. Once again by a different manufacturer. But I was told it's never going to happen so I'll just keep dreaming.
-
New Flat Ride coming in 2023?
I'd be alright for this ride coming to Kings Island. It would probably get renamed though depending on where it goes in the park.
-
Could KI be getting a Floorless next?
Wow. The fact that no one has chimed into this topic is remarkable. If Kings Island wanted to put a family roller coaster in, I think a B&M floorless would be beneficial to the park. If Kings Island doesn't put in a ground up RMC, I could see a B&M floorless going in with the elements that Vortex had. Maybe more gradual turns compared to how Vortex was set-up.
-
New Flat Ride coming in 2023?
I like that design the most. I'm not sure they could put the giant wheel there or not, but another option would be to remove the crypt building; which I doubt they'll do, but build it there.
-
Land clearing in front of the park
Which coaster is the Junkyard Coaster?
-
The Beast Retrack Work Reviews
I rode The Beast last weekend during coaster stock and I'm loving it! The reviews for The Beast are right on in my opinion. Many people were claiming from the first weekend that the ride skimmed over the trims making it seem barely noticeable. I would have to agree with that. The first drop I barely felt the trims. The new turn that they rebuilt makes it feel like I'm on a new wooden roller coaster. I didn't feel the trims until that long straightaway; feels like normal in that area. The little hill before the concrete tunnel is just as smooth as the drop and the new turn that was rebuilt. Now fast forward to the second lift hill and helix. Ohh man....I normally brace myself for the helix because of past years, but I didn't really need to. I still did anyway because I'm used to it. Going through the tunnel in the helix felt like the turn after the first drop. Absolutely smooth! There's a little bounce going through the helix, but not rough at all by any means. I guess that's to be expected because The Beast picks up a lot of speed going through the helix. It doesn't even bother me that the trims were applied on the second lift hill. If they weren't there, I'd be more worried about the train derailing. Overall, I give Gravity group an A+ for their work on The Beast in the off-season. It was well worth the investment and the extra month needed to reopen it.
-
Kings Island 2022 General Discussions
Anyone know what happened to The Beast at around 5:30 this afternoon? Me and a friend were going to ride, but we saw someone in a stretcher at the exit. I should ask If the lady is alright too?
-
The Beast Retrack Work Reviews
Someone mentioned on facebook yesterday that they trimmed it down to the speed it was before the rehab work. Is that true? I was hoping for an out of control Beast! I wish I could have came down there sooner.
-
Beast project details revealed!
^ Thank you Chuck Norris!!
-
Kings Island 2022 General Discussions
The Bear is just out getting some honey.
-
Possible coasters that could be gone in 5-10 years for parks
I wonder if that means Iron dragon will bite the dust first then. I would hate to see The Bat go. It's a great coaster! As far as Rougarou goes, I hope that goes to another Cedar Fair park like Michigan Adventure's instead of the scrap yard. I might be the only one on here, but I'm a fan of Rougarou!
-
Will Kings Island bring back a Campground?
I brought back the dreams thread, but nobody responded to it. I guess nobody has dreams of the park anymore.
-
Kings Island Dreams
With The Beast getting an overhaul this winter/spring, I had a dream that Kings Island was allowing people to come up to the platform on opening day to see the progress. Everyone was allowed to look at the center TV screen to see the construction photos and webcam of the progress, but not allowed to cross the loading area. Isn't that strange? I remember wanting to look beyond the lift hill, but the employees kept telling me to stay back. I guess I'm looking forward to the season starting.
-
The Beast Is Breaking Its Own World Record... Again!
Hopefully, come opening day, they'll have an estimated date by the entrance.
-
Sweet Changes Coming to Sweet Spot in 2022
I hope the Fudge is made from scratch. I love getting some fresh Fudge when I go to Kings Island or Cedar Point
-
Mystic Timbers Shed Music
I know people will probably skip over this topic, but do you ever hear the songs they play in the shed for Mystic Timbers at a grocery store? If not a grocery store, then where? I've heard Total eclipse of the heart several times in the Giant Eagle I used to work at. What's funny too is I'll randomly go home and re-listen to it to connect me to the moment of being on Mystic Timbers. Does anyone have these moments?
-
KI Park Maps
Has anyone ever been so desperate to blow up their park map by taking it to Office max or staples? It cost me $25 plus tax. Not bad right?
-
50th Anniversary Updates
^ Maybe I'm crazy here, but if they used part of the Crypt building for The Beast queue, wouldn't that seem like too much queue?
-
Beast project details revealed!
Are they going to relay new footers where the old ones are currently sitting at the base of the second drop? I thought part of the second drop where it entered the helix was sinking over the years? I figured that was one of the reasons they took it apart right there?