Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shawn Meyer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shawn Meyer

  1. I'm hoping for a Gravity Group woodie like Voyage goes in SOB spot. I want to say this too, maybe for all the people including myself attending Beast Buzz this summer, they will hint details like how they did at Coaster Mania last summer on the new ride.
  2. I highly doubt Cedar Fair would copy cat off of their signature rides at Cedar Point and bring it down to Kings Island. Anything is possible, but when you see what they did with Diamondback, it just goes to show you that Cedar Fair is creative at squeezing rides in. I feel like Kings Island can squeeze whatever they're building quite easily since they removed Thunder Alley plus the freed up land that SOB once took up.
  3. While I do like the layout of that, what if it spanned the area of where SOB once stood?
  4. Where is this new Reds restaurant located at in the park?
  5. I agree with you 100% about the wooden roller coaster idea!
  6. I'm still optimistic for a new roller coaster in 2014, but that could be the case if Kings Island is planning on something big.
  7. ^ I feel like this station could still be a station someday. It just doesn't seem like it's meant for whatever the park says they're using it for. Maybe they'll use it for a new roller coaster in 2014.
  8. ^ Thank you Don for the details! Your Awesome!
  9. Thank you Interpreter. This goes out to Aaron. What does that stand for?
  10. Can someone answer my question please?
  11. Does this event have the same things as Coaster Mania at Cedar Point? What I mean is early ride entry on certain rides and late night rides on certain rides? What about behind the scenes walks of certain roller coasters like Diamondback, Vortex, and The Beast?
  12. Diamondback96, I like your rendering of having Big Dipper in there. Looks great! Hopefully the owner of Big Dipper likes that idea as well.
  13. My opinion. CF will hold onto Kings Island for a long long long time. For as much money as CF has put into Kings Island, why would they turn they're backs on them now? Last year alone, they did a complete overhaul in expanding the waterpark and putting the Soak City name on it. They put in Diamondback which in all the years I went down there with my family, I thought would never happen. I thought this because I didn't think they had the room. Oh yeah, they also spent a lot of money revamping Spongebob into Planet Snoopy as well as adding WindSeeker. I know I didn't go in order, but you get the point. Here's another opinion from me. CF will strike again in 2014 with a new roller coaster In SOB spot; B&M most likely at the moment.
  14. ^ To the Crypt, I know. I was just making 2 hours as my point. I should have said at least 2 hours or more. My bad.
  15. ^ I just thought of something too. I liked your comment about enjoying the trees by the way. My thought was once something moves in next door to Flight deck, whether it be 2014 or 2015, either way, that long queue might be beneficial again one day. Can you imagine a busy weekend with the new ride. The new ride will command a 2 hour wait, those that don't want to wait will add to Flight decks line.
  16. I would bring the Big Dipper from the defunct Geauga Lake to Kings Island. The owner really does not care about the ride. If he did, he would have let someone buy the trains, control panels, and chain-lift for a decent price. This way, since the ride is rotting away, they could re-build just the way it was with some of the old mixed with it. I'm just guessing here, but I think the reason nobody wants the property is because the owner won't get off his butt and accept the offers that people are giving him. Cedar Fair also should contact the owner and think about moving it to Kings Island. This would work since they just deleted Son of Beast out of the line-up.
  17. ^ Don't feel bad, I never rode Big bad wolf either.
  18. That's what I was trying to say but I didn't spit it out.
  19. You see, I like Flight Deck myself and I understand your point. As far as land is concerned, would it be possible just to remove the long line of queue that isn't needed anymore? When I rode Flight Deck last year, I saw a lot of people cut through part of the queue so they wouldn't have to go all the way around. So what I'm saying is this ride is still a popular ride, so I cannot see it going anywhere for 5 more years at least. Unless Kings Island plans to build a newer B&M Inverted roller coaster in the area which is possible, It makes sense just to keep it for now.
  20. Wow so much potential in that land.
  21. ^On Pointbuzz, people refer to the Lemon Chill guy.
  22. Ok my bad. I just have been reading this topic off and on and have taken it seriously lately. I need to relax!
  23. This seems like a question more for Don. Why would they advertise Vortex on the travel channel and then come out later on and say they might remove it in the future?
  24. I'm still hopeful for a B&M Floorless roller coaster. Ohio needs one since we don't have Dominator anymore.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.