Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

brenthodge

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by brenthodge

  1. There are other venues the music could move to in needed as well. Peanuts theatre, The Holly Holiday set behind Hanks, Mistletones stage…again, I think a lot of it comes down to wanting to get people moved to one area of the park by 11:45 or so.
  2. Agree that smaller “temporary stages with live acts would be good. I think they honestly don’t want too much spread through the park though since the goal is to funnel people down to I street by 12 so they can get the park empty and closed. Maybe a stage in front of Festhaus and use the stage from 4 drummers for another act.
  3. Dollywood runs through the last WEEKEND of the season. Like if new years falls on Tuesday they would still be open till Sunday of that week. This year with where the holiday fell, they just ended on the 1st.
  4. As others have said, the rides do have to close (great that they didn’t do a “hard close” at 10) but I agree on the shows. I think they definitely could do one more, the problem is the tinkers cast do the countdown-balloons riot at 9:30 and wouldnt have time between parade and that. This year they also had to move over to FestHaus and SWINGING wouldn’t have a place to do a later show with the switching around of shows. Last time the tinkers cast could do the countdown and could’ve done another show right after at 10:30.
  5. I agree on the Knotts thing. I’ve talked to Mike a couple of times this season and every time I mention how I love seeing a shift to embrace a bigger picture with more entertainment, experience, theming and less focus on JUST ride stats he always gives a very “knowing nod” and agrees that is the way they see more long-term success and “brand building” going forward. I feel like the CF parks have the operational resources to fill in some of the blanks where I hear the Herschend parks are struggling (sadly) right now. Great job to you and all you did this season. I’ve offered “constructive observation” on things you may have been involved with, and you’ve provided “in the trenches” context around that, but know that those comments are only based on the incredible strides I see the park making, and the excitement I feel in seeing what you guys are truly capable of. Keep up the GREAT work.
  6. GORGEOUS night with a sheen of rain on the pavement reflecting the lights. Koontz lit the tree tonight, and it was a pleasure to catch him right after to give him and the ENTIRE TEAM props for the best season I personally have ever seen at this park. I missed the “glory days” but based on what I’ve seen this year, we haven’t been too far off with some of the best entertainment, ops, food, and EXPERIENCE at any regional park. Do I wish we could hit Knotts level? Sure, but darn him proud to call this “my KI” these days!
  7. I think it’s the angle of slope that’s the concern. I think it they redid the “tent roof” into something more hard-even if they had to add support poles and enclosed the sides like they do with coney BBQ and added heaters, they could have a decent most year round theatre. Of course they also have a decent covered performance space with donkeys and goats in it back in Plant Snooped that has great vocals wasted in a petting zoo.
  8. It would be cool if you could work the show and food TOGETHER in FestHaus like a “feast of Christmas” with 3 seatings pr night (5:30, 7, 8:30) but I can’t see people wanting to commit to the 45min-hour it would take to make it make sense. You’d have to get rid of the buffet lines and do more of a “pre fixe” like Stampede or Pirates Voyage and it would definitely have to be an upcharge, but Winterfest might be an ideal time to try it as long as they added additional indoor seating for dining and shows someplace else.
  9. Do you mean “must stay in KI theatre? It WAS in Festhaus. I agree about “swinging” it just didn’t gel for me. It wasn’t really “big band”. Mistletones sort of have that vibe. but then Bruno Mars thrown in it was was too much like Cool Yule. It was just… weird and not different enough. Almost would’ve been cool to somehow have over in TinselTown area and use the Mistletones as more roaming entertainment now. I’ve often said that FestHaus is really hard to do anything BUT just song and dance though since it’s just a really odd performing space and most people are just eating and talking. I think they really need to redesign the international showplace to make it usable for Winterfest with less sloped seating, better coverage and even heating to do something there and in the KI theatre more “scripted” then do the review type thing like swingin into Christmas in festhaus. Since it is German, would be nice to actually do something more traditional, but with todays crowd it would probably be even MORE tuned out if it wasn’t loud and upbeat. It was fine and talented cast and b by and. I just don’t like that it took the spot of a more produced show when we also lost Charlie Brown Christmas Spectacular with more production numbers. It doesn’t seem like the kind of show that needs full production capabilities.
  10. They announced the closure BEFORE they opened the gates, so it seems YOU are the one that cannot read, as their post went public at 3:30. Well in advance of a 5 pm open. Were you privy to any conversation that might have occurred between shift supervisors and staff in advance of that public announcement to assess who could safely or not safely come in and stay until the posted closing time? You clearly want to be so right on this, but you aren’t. Yes-costs to remain open past 8 were I’m sure weighed against anticipated revenue. But there were I’m sure many factors that were considered as well such as safety concerns AND public perception of staying open as many other businesses closed early. As for the name calling, I’m simply basing my opinion on your on going rant that is incorrect, and seems fully motivated by your own need to be right and get what you want-a park that never closes once it is open- circumstances be darned.
  11. Due to water line damage in multiple locations through the park because of the extreme temperatures. I'm sure its only a matter of time before some entitled folks jump on here and somehow blame it on attendance and fault the park for being horribly managed LOL. This is probably the restrooms as most of those facilities were never designed for year-round use. Remember the first go-round of WinterFest didn't use that much of the park. Now with pretty much the entire park open, lots of facilities that may have even had the water mains turned off on are now open and in use on some very cold nights.
  12. Maybe you SHOULD think twice about traveling to the park on questionable weather days. The more you rant the more silly you sound. They “didn’t close for rain”. They communicated 2hours in advance of opening that they would be closing early for the safety and comfort of staff and guests. If you chose to come AFTER that was publicly stated, that was on you. You might want to drop it soon, you really aren’t strengthening your case LOL!
  13. The thing to keep in mind is there are some selfish, juvenile folks like “super7” that dont get that there is ANYONE ELSE other themselves that factors into deciding anything. I’d hate to see how self centered they were about anything REALLY important instead of something as fairly trivial as when a theme park closes. I’m thankful the team was able to provide what they could Thursday. I’m impressed the park clearly communicated expectations well in advance of closing, and I’m impressed they seemed genuinely concerned about their staff. The park management seems to get the big picture WAY more than sone folks around here.
  14. They pulled no trick. They posted at 3:30 on a day they were opening at 5 that they were closing at 8. The forecast shifted from shifting to snow at 10-11 to earlier. Sorry their actions don’t fit your made-up narrative.
  15. Pretty much none of that is what happened. They announced Fridays closure on Tuesday when it became clear it would be unsafe to open. They adjusted Thursday’s close and published it BEFORE open at about 3-3:30 when it became clear that the rain would be hitting about that time and rapidly changing to snow, then dropping temps. Did anticipated attendance after 8pm factor in? I’m sure, but to say it was done “on a whim” doesn’t seem to have been the case. I’m sure the opportunity to make $$$ the last two nights before Christmas was seriously weighed against the cost of doing business, potential staffing challenges, and possible liability to guests and staff being open in unsafe conditions. Your “if you open you stay open” policy takes none of that into account as any well run business looking out for their bottom line should.
  16. Contracts are probably written for performers. Sone of the shows are produced by outside companies, and I doubt you could easily explain to the GP the isduecc C with the rides not running. I’m sure they build a day or two of “losses” into the budget knowing each season there may be a cancellation or two. I think there was at least 1-2 late closed and a full cancellation last year due more to rain and storms during the week of nightly ops.
  17. They’ve actually had a good run this year. First cancellation to date. And a good reason.
  18. I feel like there have been quite a few subtle “omissions” the last year or so. The entertainment at the BrewHouse, the snow globe, the carriage rides, was 4 drummers reduced? Last Sunday night I got over there at 7:35 for a 7:30 show and they finished the song they were doing and were gone. It was maybe 7:40. I remember light up drum sticks and way more interactive things. I LOVE Winterfest, but certainly there were aspects that seemed a bit light this year. And I still wish they would move Scrooge back to a covered outdoor area instead of sharing space where it make no sense thematically. It belongs on I street or Rivertown with the midway characters close by.
  19. Agree. Only could find the price by looking at the (sold out) page on line. Miss all around on that. Seems like it was an afterthought. Parade stoped on coney last night. Must’ve been a one time thing. Maybe they saw rain coming and decided to just run it straight through. Wonder if it stopped at other 3 spots.
  20. anyone know if you get a pass discount?
  21. Still feel “Sounds of the Nativity” is the most underrated, under appreciated live entertainment option at Winterfest. Awesome vocals, well produced lighting and just a “classy” experience (with sone tweaks). They’ve done a few things in past year to this to draw attention, but think the “light up tombstone “ sign should go further down on the main path. Then line the path back with all the other “tombstone lanterns“ with stained glass designs leading to the big stained glass nativity. Even lining the path with snow drift trees and luminarias. The assorted lanterns they used over the old “Pumpkin Eater” path this year would be beautiful to hang over the path to really draw attention. Then PLEASE put some benches or cafe tables back there in front of the stage. Put the animal food vendor right by the entrance or someplace NOT right by the stage so you could actually focus on the entertainment if you didn’t want to pet the critters. Actually they NEED sone seating at all of these temporary show venues to make more enjoyable to actually watch the show.
  22. The whole food thing I feel has been real “hit or miss” this year for Winterfest. No real published “features” menu or signage in front of places like Tricks and treats. It’s more “wander up to a place and there might be a sign highlighting Winterfest features”
  23. Nothing says “horror area” like a big play area in the middle LOL (come to think of it… squealing kids kinda IS a horror)
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.