Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ride On_17

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ride On_17

  1. I find Millennium to have had rougher rides than usual (more shuffling and vibrations). I just personally think that GK is very smooth and I've never had a problem with its smoothness before.
  2. ^Which was your favorite to work? You always talk about Corkscrew a lot so I'd expect this one, but I could be wrong.
  3. Agreed. Or else every 10 seconds another bench and trash can would get vandalized! That used to annoy me so much. I even quit playing the game for a while because I got so annoyed with the vandalism, even after I hired tons of security guards which didn't help.
  4. I'd even say it's smoother than Millennium. And it's beyond me how there are so many people who call it unbearably rough.
  5. This is exciting news. I can't wait to see first hand how the restraints are different, and hopefully this is true that all the restraints don't lock anymore. My next visit will probably be in 2 weeks so I'm sure someone else on here will get there by then, but if not I'll be sure to let people know how they are.
  6. I was walking directly behind you, then. Don was just ahead of me when he walked behind the building facing International Street. By the way, when I read the title of this thread, I pictured someone nearly colliding with Don on the midway. This is what I pictured while reading this thread Close Encounters of the Third Kind--Amusement Park PR & CEO
  7. I enjoy long walks on the beach, riding roller coasters, and--oh darn, I meant to post this on Match.com. Wrong tab.
  8. I swear my heart stopped beating when I started to read Tony's answer to this one. Then I read on and felt relieved haha.
  9. You all are acting like Ouimet and Don are hot girls who you're afraid to ask out. Let's not bring that thread back...
  10. Let me go grab another Snickers!
  11. Making memories with your family are always the best parts of going to amusement parks. No matter what the rides, having the opportunity to spend time with people you love is what really matters. Glad you and your family had a fun time!
  12. Well, it's been confirmed. SteelHawk that Worlds of Fun is getting next year is indeed Knott's WindSeeker. http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/planned-worlds-of-fun-attraction-has-checkered-past EDIT: Just remembered there was another thread created on this topic when the ride was announced. Checked, and found out this had already been discussed. My bad.
  13. Uhh... No comment haha.
  14. It will be the end of the world as we know it!
  15. This whole debate is going on right now about Pipe Scream for Cedar Point too haha. Coaster enthusiasts can get so worked up over such little things. Though part of me does sort of wish PS will be considered a coaster. Not that the coaster count matters, it just would be nice to say.
  16. ^I knew about it from an employee even before that. Just goes to show you that not all things employees tell you are bogus!
  17. Zumanjaro looks AMAZING and I'm glad I'll get to ride it since I go to Great Adventure every year. As for Rolling Thunder, I think many people saw this one coming especially with the latest rumors and messages sent out by the park advising people to get last rides on the coaster. It's sad, but here's why I think it will be removed. For 2015 the park will get an X-Flight clone and it will be built in Rolling Thunder's location. I don't see why the park didn't just wait until next year to remove it (if this is the case), but maybe they just wanted to get it out of the way now as to not worry about it later. Unless the park plans on building an even larger coaster than an X-Flight-esque wing rider, so intead of closing Rolling Thunder only a month or two into the season to demolish it next year the park just wanted to get rid of it now. I personally don't think the removal of RT has anything to do with Zumanjaro, but rather a future expansion/coaster. Time will only tell...
  18. https://content.sixflags.com/comingin2014/ I am very impressed. Some of these rides and coasters look amazing!
  19. Glad Dorney's getting some love, and hopefully it won't be too much longer before they get a new coaster. That slide complex looks fun! Definitely a great addition.
  20. 2. This and PointBuzz.
  21. Jr. Gemini, IMO, is great for really young kids. It just gives them a taste of what it's like to ride a coaster, and if they like it then they can go nearby and try out the more intense Woodstock Express. Jr. Gemini is what can start a kid's love for coasters. I don't see any need to get rid of it.
  22. The 2014 info page in case anyone hasn't seen it yet: https://www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/new-for-2014 It also has videos and renderings. I was surprised by the additions, but I'm very pleased. Not only will a boring, outdated midway get a breath of fresh life, but the park is starting to add more rides the entire family can go on together, and hopefully this is only the start. I have no complaints, and I even liked the family announcement video. I thought it was funny, unique, and memorable. Yes, it was a little over the top, but it was a cool idea and grabbed my attention and got me excited for next year. Oh yeah, forgot to say that I now have Eagles at my home park. Be jealous, all you KI fanboys!
  23. Is Carowinds really 398 acres? If so, then that wouldn't make any sense. How could it be the 2nd largest park in the chain before the expansion, but be the 4th largest park after?
  24. Wood: El Toro Steel: Millennium Force I just can't pick between the two. They're both so different but I love them. If I could marry them, I could. But El Toro is a male bull...That would be awkward...
  25. YoungStud wannabes.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.