Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ride On_17

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ride On_17

  1. Just based on the animation and layout, I'm gonna predict that Banshee with be my 3rd favorite coaster at KI behind Diamondback and The Beast. I could be wrong, but I have a feeling this is where it will end up in my rankings.
  2. The Beast, Diamondback, Drop Tower, and Eiffel Tower.
  3. Gatekeeper must have been jealous, too. Yesterday it got stopped on the lift and people were evacuated from it and had a lift walk down. Never heard if the cause was identified or if it's been working fine since.
  4. I really hope someone does something with it. I think it would be even sadder to see that coaster go down in dust than the announcement that Geauga Lake would be closing. It would truly be a shame if nothing is done with it.
  5. You're welcome! I thought someone bought BD a while back? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was sold...But it doesn't seem like it since it's still there.
  6. I also remember being so upset that I wasn't tall enough to ride Superman Ultimate Escape, the suspended impulse coaster. I had loved Big Dipper so much that I wanted to try the rest of the coasters, but to my despair I was too short for most of the ones I wanted to ride. I also am sentimental to the park since on that same visit I was with family from Scotland that I rarely get to see. I have good memories of going on rides with them. Probably the best was with my older cousin from Scotland who I rode the Himalaya with. We just laughed the whole time as we were pushed into each other. The more I'm talking and thinking about my short yet awesome memories at this park, the more I miss it. I just wish I couldn've spend more time there. My dream would be for it to be reopened. One can wish...
  7. I doubt it, but do you think it will ever reopen again? Not even by Cedar Fair, but I'd love for there to just be another amusement park there and for the Big Dipper to be restored instead of just sitting there rotting away.
  8. It's such a shame what has happened to this park that had so much potential. I wonder that if Ouimet would have already been CEO, whether Geauga Lake would have been closed. Kinzel's decision to close this park is my biggest dislike of him. Now it's just an empty, weed filled area with decrepit buildings and decaying rides. Living only 45 minutes away I wish it could have remained open. Sadly I only made one visit to the park when I was young, and the only coaster I went on (and that I was tall enough for) was the Big Dipper. This was also my first roller coaster, so I am very sentimental to this ride, and it pains me seeing it just sit there in the abandoned park. I don't even like going to Wildwater Kingdom since I can't help but look across the lake and think of everything that it could be--but probably never will be again. Anyway, here's Geuaga Lake in its former glory, an amusement park that unfortunately fell victim to the chopping block.
  9. That actually sounds like a cool idea. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do a video trip report. Pictures, yes, but a narrated video instead of paragraphs and paragraphs of written discriptions, no. I'll be looking forward to it.
  10. And let vertical construction begin...
  11. Night, everyone. Time to make my last post in the Decoding Thread. See ya in the Construction Thread! Ride On_17, who shoves the last part of a Snickers bar into his mouth, crumples the wrapper, and tosses it in the garbage for good.
  12. That's crazy, man! I'd hate to be you! At least I have a little longer still.
  13. I'm actually gonna miss this thread when it's locked.
  14. Banshee, Banshee, your beauty engulfs me. Round and round we go, my beautiful Banshee. I'm head over heels, I'm so in love with you And feel like I'm weightless if you'll tell me, "I do." You form circles around me and roll in a line through my heart. For we will forever unite, and till death shall we part. Your cheeks glow of purple, and your nails are painted tardis blue. I'm forever in love, with Banshee, with you. I cannot explain the euphoria I feel. I still cannot believe that your existence is so real. For months I have waited for this day to come When you'd finally reveal yourself to me, the waiting is done. As we spin around into one final spiral I soon discover your existence has gone viral. And with one final kiss, and a wave goodbye, You slowly glide away into the fog filled Kings Island sky. (I'm so pathetic )
  15. So sexy... I just want to--Oh wait... I do love B&M track, though. It's just so photogenic. EDIT: I just noticed the batwing looks like a heart. I guess the two of us were meant to be...
  16. I was watching the live stream and had to turn the volume up pretty high in order to hear what was being said. But my dad was trying to watch TV and I kept having to turn the volume down whenever people would start screaming. It hurt my ears and I wasn't even there! Same! And I'm amazed. Not only is the pacing impeccable, it also has a cool color scheme (and BTW I predicted purple and blue a while ago ), and the theming is beyond belief for a Cedar Fair park. Well done Kings Island and Cedar Fair. Very well done.
  17. But not with Banshee's incredible theming.
  18. Read back a few pages and you'll see what some of us think. I personally hope the fog shown in the night POV will be an actual part of riding Banshee at night. I suggested that maybe what we thought were drains are actually fog vents.
  19. Back where I was standing, a fair amount of people booed. I thought I heard a few booes while I was watching the live stream, but couldn't tell since at that point the audio was coming in and out. Haha that's actually really funny.
  20. You mean this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(roller_coaster) Now that link doesn't even work. How about this one?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(roller_coaster) EDIT: For some reason these links stop working.
  21. No. The lift hill height is 167 feet, but when taking into consideration the terrain changes, the difference between the highest point (lift) and lowest (the middle of the batwing) is 208 feet.
  22. To be completely honest with you guys, I'm jealous right now. I love Gatekeeper and all, but I wish it had a theme like Banshee appears to have, especially the station. Maybe in the future Ouimet will get the Point a decently themed ride...But I really am blown away. I wasn't expecting anything like this.
  23. There's already a Wikipedia page about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(roller_coaster)
  24. I haven't seen this posted on here yet, so for whoever's interested...
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.