Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ride On_17

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ride On_17

  1. Man, I didn't think I'd be the only person to vote for Bing! Before all the haters come after me, it really was just a toss up between the two.
  2. Like thedevariouseffect said, anything with chocolate and peanut butter. Candy: toss up between Reese's and Butterfinger Dessert: I love a fresh berry pie or some chocolate and peanut butter thing. Don't care what it is.
  3. You need to ride Wicked Twister. A very underrated, but extremely fun and thrilling ride.
  4. The thing that you seem to be making out as an element in the area of the water tower seems to me like a topographic contour line. Could be wrong, but that's what I think it is, nothing more, nothing less.
  5. So it's been long rumored that Cedars and Gold dorms at Cedar Point would be demolished and new employee housing would be build off the peninsula. Well, it looks like these rumors are true. Construction has already started and plans have been filed with the city of Sandusky (photo originally posted by Walt Schmidt on PointBuzz). It looks like a new 3 story dorm will be built. Within the next several years of demolition of the dorms that are on the point, this will leave room for expansion, particularly near Corkscrew and Celebration Plaza. Could we see the demise of Corkscrew along with maintenance and wardrobe buildings like has been speculted? Will we see an overhaul to the area near Blue Streak and Celebration Plaza, with possibly a new midway connecting the 2 areas? Time will only tell, but with these new plans, it becomes obvious that the park will have some majoy opportunities to espand in the coming years.
  6. Dear lord, what has this thread turned into???
  7. I'm afraid I'll be scarred for life with what I find... EDIT: Just read that several people did it and didn't find very...lovely...things. I'm glad I didn't do it.
  8. 1. Why would you turn down Megan Fox? 2. I'm glad you at least have some self control
  9. ^Nice decoding! And by looking closely at that image of the blueprint, you can also see that the dashed lines that represent the supports go on the inside of the track of the loop. The dashed lines aren't just tangent to the loop track on the outside, but actually go into the loop itself. This makes it obvious enough that the blueprints show an Invert. Case closed. I took THE_BEASTmaster's image and added to it. The red line shows the current dashed line for the support and where it touches the track, on the inside of the loop. The blue line shows where a support would touch the track if the coaster was not inverted. If this was a sitting coaster or any type of coaster with normal track, the supports for the loop would touch the track on the outside, not the inside, for example The Incredible Hulk coaster. This type of coaster would have the supports touching the loop at the blue line, while the blueprints have the supports on the inside of the loop at the red line. No questions about it, this is an invert we're dealing with.
  10. YoungStud, can you please stop searching for images of Megan Fox so KI's coaster will trend even higher?
  11. I'm not sure what it was at yesterday, but currently KI's new coaster is trending at #7 on Yahoo right now.
  12. Yeah, of course I'll be happy! But deep down I'll miss the speculation that went along with it. Who knows when the next time something big like this will be going on.
  13. On a side note, all speculation will end in only 5 days, 10 hours, 32 minutes, and 19 seconds. I"m not sure whether to be happy or sad...
  14. I think the leaked layout is a pretty decent size. Yes, SOB was big, but IMO so is this new coaster. No, it's not as big as SOB but it still looks to have a nice ride time. Plus now there's room to expand back behind this new coaster in the future if the park so desires.
  15. I think Action Zone will probably get at least a little makeover. I just don't think a ride themed to a Banshee (if this is true) will fit in the rest of AZ.
  16. The media has been known to make many mistakes when it comes to amusement parks/ rides. Needless to say, what the media has come up with in the past has been amusing. What I find interesting is that KI tweeted this link to the article. It's almost as if they don't care their new ride is getting spoiled. I remember last year when the Sandusky Register leaked a supposed Gatekeeper layout, and Cedar Point didn't share that article, let alone make any comments about it. So either the leaked plans are complete crap (which I don't really think they are) or the park has just given in to what has happened.
  17. Just so you guys know, in 24 hours we added 21 pages to this thread... Whoa.
  18. I know I said it back when "you know what" was going on and this thread exploded, but I'll say it again. I feel bad for anyone who hasn't read this thread lately. They'll have a lot of catching up to do.
  19. It's actually fully visible! So are Boddah1994, jcgoble3, Beastfan26, jackparanoia, TTD-120-420, and the phrase "Guests say the darnest things!" You're all stars! EDIT Sorry, slow connection... can't keep up with yall! I want all your autographs now.
  20. New update on WLWT's website: http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-warren-county/kings-island-new-attraction-appears-to-be-a-coaster/-/13602148/21301482/-/wut37s/-/index.html
  21. I know, but there was someone on the previous page who said they didn't know what the blueprints were that we were referring to.
  22. For all y'all lazy bums out there:
  23. How exactly was KIC referred to? Screenshots, quotes, ...?
  24. Sometimes I really can't stand newscasters. Almost as bad as politicians...
  25. I was confused why there were so many new pages in this thread I'd have to read through just from today. Now I understand. If these blueprints are real (I'm stressing the word "if" but it looks pretty real to me), then I'll actually feel bad for Cedar Fair. They've just been having a tough time keeping things under wraps lately. Watch, the website will be leaked next... I seriously can't wait to find out all the details to this ride if the blueprints are true. It's gonna be long, fast, fun, and just awesome!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.