Everything posted by Ride On_17
-
When/if Dinosaurs become endangered?
You're welcome!
-
When/if Dinosaurs become endangered?
There's no rule (that I know of) that prohibits talking about other parks. Heck, there's even an "Other Amusement Park and Industry News" section on this site! But they would not be relocating since Cedar Fair and Six Flags are 2 completely separate entities, but Six Flags could be getting its own version of Dinosaurs Alive!, or at least something similar.
-
Do you wear a fanny pack to parks
I actually have several pairs with zipper pockets, but they're from Abercrombie. I actually like Abercrombie stuff, I think it's great quality (lasts forever, durable material), but it's overpriced. But I guess I'd rather pay more at once for something that will last for a long time rather than spend less but have to buy things multiple times due to getting worn out.
-
Shoot The Rapids boat flips over with riders
^Did you contact the park? If not, be sure to send an email or something letting them know your experience. I'm sure they'd be happy to hear from someone who had a far from enjoyable experience, since I'm sure they'd want to look into it. Granted the ride is closed right now, but any feedback they get could affect future plans for the ride.
-
Do you wear a fanny pack to parks
Cargo shorts all the way. Phone, water bottle, sunglasses, wallet all fit. Fanny packs are the ugliest things, but at least they can be helpful to people who wear them.
-
Awards/Ribbons System
Great, now you're gonna get him into an Intamin/B&M debate again since you mentioned the word "millennium."
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Though I'd say it's a close call between MF and El Toro...
-
August 15 kings island trip!
Definitely be sure to ride The Beast and Diamondback! Firehawk and Flight of Fear are fun ones too.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
One of the inversions I listed earlier was a dive loop. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any invert has a dive loop. Why is that? I think they'd be fun on an invert, so that's why I chose that inversions as one of the 8. If Project 2014 turns out to be an invert, I hope it has a dive loop. That would make it unique from all the other inverts out there. Not that the general public would care but us enthusiast would!
-
August 15 kings island trip!
Go to Kings Island. Have fun!
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Imagine an invert with a wing over drop... I still think it would be better on a wing rider, but it would be something new. And if it's over 170 feet it would take the title for world's highest inversion away from Gatekeeper.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
A cobra roll counts as 2 inversions.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
If this does end up having 8 inversions, what inversions do you think it would have? Here are my guesses just for fun: 1. Vertical Loop 2. Dive Loop 3. Zero G Roll 4. Immelman 5/6. Cobra Roll 7. Corkscrew 8. Corkscrew EDIT: You gotta be fast on here, YoungStud beat me.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
^^^I was just about to post that I think the track will be purple. I think I've mentioned that color combo before, and I think it would look cool and fit the Banshee theme, if that's what it's called.
-
The Amusement Park World without Kings Island
I'd still have my Cedar Point.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
I thought the supports would be blue since those are for supports for the transfer track. We have yet to see a piece of track at CSF.
-
Awards/Ribbons System
U mad bro?
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Exactly 8 days, 2 hours, 36 minutes, and 7 seconds until we finally know what 2014 will bring us. I can't wait!
-
Awards/Ribbons System
jcgoble3 has some good points, so if this would be done if would have to be carried out differently. I could see something where members vote to determine the award/ribbon winner. There could be categories like post of the day, best thread, etc. Several members would be included in the poll, and it would be up to the KIC community to determine who deserves the award. That way trolls wouldn't get any votes, and someone truly derserving would be the one to be awarded.
-
Best smelling/sounding ride
Sound: Either the deep VROOM of Dragster's launch, or any older B&M's roar, like Raptor. As for smell, I've never actually paid any attention to this before. I can picture it now, my next visit to an amusement park I'll be sticking my nose to every seat, restraint, and train. I shudder with the thought of what my nose could be touching if I did that.
-
Cedar Point 2014
This is interesting. https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/I-Need-Help
-
Save the Date - New World Record Breaking Attraction
So the announcement is at night...Which completely makes sense given the "may or may not be announced on a day this summer" teaser. (not sure the exact wording, just referring to Don's message.) As some people had guessed, it won't be announced a day this summer, but a night. I just can't wait to finally find out what this monster is going to turn out to be.
-
Intamin or B&M
I thought that was my Uncle Bob...Oh wait... I really don't have a drunken Uncle Bob. Just thought I'd clarify
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Aye Aye Aye!
-
Death at Six Flags over Texas
IMO water rides are fine with seat belts, but as soon as you start having locking lap bars and restraints, I think that's a big no-no. And yes, I did just say no-no.