Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beastfreak

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Beastfreak

  1. Well the thing is people don't really report any of these things. There is always park police which are a division of Mason Police, and tons of police and sheriffs can respond very quickly if needed. There aren't really anything happening where people are getting hurt from assualt so there isn't really a need to increase actual police when they have no idea if they are needed. Though when security guards respond to calls, usually a mob of them will respond. Enough to take someone down.
  2. Seeing how not everyone works in ride (food here) then we wouldn't have known.
  3. What slide show?
  4. You know, if you really wanted to be a dick. Any of those parents cursing up a storm in HB or anywhere can be kicked out of the park. Security might laugh at you at first but I've had people shut up once a guard starts coming their way. It is a family park afterall.
  5. They probably don't have anything they think is "significant" yet. They may have finished the operator booth and electric housing but how exciting is that. I'm sure they already know that other people have seen the parts arriving in the parking lot and know that people like me have posted those online. So why waste time taking pictures of footers that have been there for a while or something that is already available when they could wait another week and show the supports actually going up, pictures that can't be taken outside the park. Thats just my opinion.
  6. OK, I'm not sure what the sign says or what the ride ops are told, however this is what I think. If there is a sign that says "NO CARRY-ON ITEMS", it only means bags or items that need to be stowed-away. When you get on a plane you are allowed usually max 1-2 "CARRY-ON" items that can fit in the over head bins or under your seat. That does not include your cell phone and what you have in your pockets. SO, I interpret the policy at KI that anything that can fit in your pocket is allowed on the ride and they have those pouches there in case you don't want to worry about glasses falling off. They were probably thinking anything in your pockets would stay there and everything such as prizes, bags, coats etc. must stay out side the ride since there are no places to "stow" them during the flight.... I mean ride.
  7. Wiring and parts of the support poles are arriving. It looks like the artist drawing was correct having those funny looking little feet on the end of the supports. Click Here
  8. Every year right before the season begins I've had the same dream. It starts off I'm riding Vortex and everything is fine, then all of a sudden I'm standing in front of the Flyin' Eagles watching the train fly off the track in the turn around to the MCBR. I usually won't ride Vortex until end of May/ early June and I'm frightened to death at that part.
  9. I'd hope its not rotating fountains. They just need to synchronize the ups and downs of the jets better. Maybe some jumping fountains from platform to platform and get a more even spray on the jets. There are just too many jets and such little room to have rotating heads. IMO
  10. I've had quiet a few bad guests. One that pops into my mind right now was a guest during one of the park buy outs I think from GE. Every year they buy out the park and instead of having a huge picnic in the picnic grove they only have bingo. Well aparently people were allowed to bring coolers and what not so they can leave their food out in the grove. Well they were all told repeatedly through out the day that the picnic grove would lock the gates at 7pm and all items must be removed prior to that. Well 7pm rolls around and there are about 12 coolers still left. So I pack them in our truck and take them all to guest relations and lock the gates to go back there with a note saying we took them there. This guy comes back into the picnic grove around 8:30pm, just busts through the gates starts walking around looking for his stuff and then finds one of my line associates. They come get me and suddenly before I even get within 10ft of this guy he starts cursing up a storm. He was like "Why the f*** did you move my stuff? That stuff belongs to me and you have no right to touch it. I bet you stole stuff out of it and blah blah blah." Around this time I just stop paying attention to guy and try to interupt him. I give my wonderful "I pretend the guest is 2 and isn't screaming at me" speeches, telling him that I just moved it to guest relations at the front gate and he can pick itup there. He still wasn't happy so I point out that everyone was told that all items must be removed by 7 at least 6 times as well as quickly pointing out what time it was now. All the time he is still cursing up a storm at me in front of his kids who are like 5. Eventually dude just stops yelling and he aparently heard that I mentioned guest relations back at the begining of my schpeal. He then was like, "Well I will go to guest relations and make sure they know what you did. What is your name?" So, I didn't care, I told him my name, where I worked and I even wrote it down for him. He takes it and leaves. I call guest relations letting them know he is on the way. The GR guy was in a great mood and just responded "Well Chris, this is great. I love handling people like this, its my job." He said it in a happy tone and was ready to give the guy total crap about what he did as well.
  11. They already had two nights of "Nights of Fire" last year and fireworks are extrememly expensive, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do it for two weekends. Plus with "Nights of Fire" they have to close off portions of the park so as to keep people from the falling embers. They are probably just assuming that the park will be extremely busy that day so they wanted to add extra time. Or they may just be some event that they will announce such as a concert or what not. Being open until midnight is not new. They used to be open till midnight every saturday during the summer about 6 years ago. For those who didn't make it to "Nights of Fire" this past year you can check out some of the pictures I took from the roof of the International Restuarant each night. Click Here
  12. Hence all the signs in each coaster station saying "The park is not responsible for items left while riding" Tyson - still laughing at that sign posted directly above the "kiddie cage" in the SOB station
  13. Pretty sure it was park policy all bags/purses had to stay outside of the building. The pouches where made for things like loose change and what not that might fall out of your pockets. A guest is less likely to complain about losing change on a ride than a purse or bag.
  14. That is Jeff's personal hat. I have a yellow one like it but doesn't have the KI logo on it. It was left by construction workers from TR:TR back in the Picnic Grove. They stored all the theming for the ride back there since it was a covered area until it was installed. I wore it everytime I drove the forklift around the Picnic Grove
  15. I don't know about the monkeys, though with them anything is possible. The lion attack is partially true. It was not a guest that was attacked but one of the animal care takers. From what I've been told by the VP of resale (who has been there just about since the beginning of the park) the guy got out of his truck in the lion area. He was attacked by one of the animals, I'm not sure if he died or was just badly injured, but that incident was the reason the animal safari closed.
  16. If you look at this picture it shows the loop pieces before it was assembled, with no track. I don't have/can't find a picture right now of the loop close enough to show that it really is wood, but from that picture you can see where the wood is bolted on to make the track. Odd how that is the smoothest part of the ride. Why not make a new coaster entirely out of that time of support structure and just bolt wood on? You would have a pretty darn smooth woodie since the steel would hold it together more.
  17. Food Service supervisor, differnet location every year. Going on 6 years. If any of you were in the park from 98-early 2000 you would have seen me at Oscars. This year, who knows, I may transfer to rides.
  18. Thats what I meant by the scafolding, just forgot that the drawing had it on there.
  19. The lower portion of the arm (where the seats connect and rotate) has arrived now too. Plus some gray... scalfolding? I'm assuming for maintenance to get to the top? Click Here.
  20. Delirium is starting to arrive at the park.
  21. Cement trucks came rolling in today to repour the fountain's base. From the street a retractable cement pumping truck could be seen reaching over the fountain pouring the cement. Such a great day out for those things. Sorry no pictures of that.
  22. Umm, the loops on SOB is wood. Wood track, the supports to shape the loop are steel with the wood bolted on. So, technically it is still 100% wood.
  23. During one week while the park was on weekends I remember seeing the fountain drained and guys going from pipe to pipe with a computer on a cart and sticking a pipe snake or something down in them, probably a fiber optic camera to check where the problems are. I know they repainted at least the bottom of the fountain last year.
  24. Do mice like Cheeseburgers in Paradise?
  25. Picard, you are wrong like I was long time ago. I even email Jeff Siebert to find out the truth. They use a combination of magnetic and friction. The friction brakes rub on the fins in the station and on the final break run, but through out the rest of the ride they are all magnetic. The fins just aren't on the sides like on MF, its the same fin for each brake which is mounted underneath.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.