Everything posted by Beastfreak
-
Most Years Worked
There are quite a few food people that have been there since day 1. However the person I wish was still there from Day 1 was the head bartender in the international resturuant once it opened and for the whole time it remained opened. He left the park 2 years ago though. Some other people that have been in the park a long time.... well one of the landscaping guys (a little bigger guy with black hair and mustache) has been in the park a long time. Don't know if he was there from day one but he was one of the wild animal habitat care workers back in the day when it still existed.
-
2003 Souvenirs
Actually they have single type of uniforms now cause the park is too cheap to replace the washing equipment in wardrobe and to buy new shirts each year and so on. They saw it a better move to just switch to an outside uniform company, which is good for them to save money but sucky when it comes to appearance of the employees. And them giving supervisors in food service white shirts!!! What the heck were they thinking. Every supervisor I know (including me) had to buy more shirts during the year cause we couldn't get stains out.
-
2003 Souvenirs
I've always thought that for The Beast they could have an old train stuck out in the woods. Like maybe right after the brake run or one of the turns out there, sorta tear out the hand rails and make it look like something flew threw it. Then sorta place the train out there and make it look like it crashed and was torn up by The Beast. If they don't do it all year they could maybe do it for like fear fest or something, that would be pretty cool.
-
Things I would like to know...
Taffy was an interesting one let me tell you. So was Mary, you may still see her in the park. I think she worked in the money room last year.
-
2003 Souvenirs
I bought one of the Tucker's and Wing's Diner shirts since they were selling those. Of course since I wear small they had brand new ones that no one had worn yet.
-
Which ride are you more excited about?
Just have to ask.... do you know how to use the edit feature? How many threads do you have double posts back to back with no more than 20 words in them. I find it odd you make a post in every forum after each thing is said. You have 100+ posts and just joined about a week ago when most of the people on here have been here longer and much fewer posts.
-
Things I would like to know...
The costumes are made and maintained by the people at KI as well. I once knew two ladies that did that. (Taffy and Mary)
-
Most Years Worked
Well I got you beat. Going on 6 years now in food service. The job sucks but the people are great.
-
On-Ride Photo
I don't ever buy them cause I always look stupid and don't want to look at myself like that. I try and pose or whatever but everything looks stupid. I may buy a few anyways this year. That way I can just laugh at myself a few years down the road.
-
2003 Souvenirs
I know most people wouldn't agree with me, but I would love to see a return of the individual uniforms for each location. They just brought a better feel to the park than the plain unanomous get ups we got now.
-
Scooby Doo sneak peek pics
There was a crane up today in front of the Scooby Entrance. It wasn't lifting anything up high enough to see from outside. I have a picture but it won't be up until later.
-
Tomb Raider- Like or Dislike?
That would be especially fun if you didn't do that everytime. I would pay to be the ride op in the booth so I could see all those people's faces when the lights come back on and the ride settles back down.
-
2003 Souvenirs
And the company making it for you and you can be sued by the park for copyright infringement
-
Who's Excited?
January 31st is the last day they can legally have it to you. Other companies I've worked for have spit out their W-2 like the second week of January. Kings Island is really slow.
-
Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company...
That building isn't so bad that they need to tear it down. Structurally its fine, its just what you see that is getting a little rough. Heck the middle of that building is a huge refridgerator that they just put in there last year. I don't think its getting torn down. Maybe gutted and reworked.
-
Who's Excited?
What is rehire status going to do about W-2 form. And don't worry I haven't gotten mine either, they take forever.
-
Scariest PKI moment.
The fire department is a real fire department complete with fire truck. It is right behind the First Aid building. Its been used before, I've seen it. There are two first aid stations in the park; the one in HB being the main one and then the smaller one in the water park. The mailman is actually the mailman, he picks up inter-office mail and delivers it and picks up outgoing mail and mails it. He even has his own van, no he doesn't drive on the opposite side of the van like the real post office. (That would be cool though) The dorms I was just kidding about that, there really aren't, but if you want to count the locker rooms as them or the beds in first aid you are more than welcome. The school is PKIU (Paramount's Kings Island University). It is used for human resources new hire orientation, food and games training and occasional other training classes.
-
Construction Pictures
The company that erected them (now also erecting Delirium) at one point a few years back had photos of that. They are no longer there however. I was fortunate enough to have saved those on my computer. I'm at school now but when I get home I will post them.
-
Scariest PKI moment.
I miss walking the steps.
-
Scariest PKI moment.
Don't forget the mail man, the bank, the hospital, the school and everything else. The only thing they are missing is dorms so people can actually live in the park.... actually I take that back. There is one but only special people know where it is.
-
Scariest PKI moment.
Kings Island is hooked directly to those huge eletrical towers that run through the parking lot, Waterworks and continue on through the woods. They also have several of those huge converters/generators or whatever they are through out the park. I think what happened is that one of the connections wore out and blew. The same thing happened at my house over the summer. The smaller version green box in my yard that hooks all the houses to the main power line has boots over the lines where they connect. The boot has been there since the 70's and wore out causing electricity to leak out and blow the power to everyone connected to it. It heated up and pretty much blew the top of the box. The green boxes at Kings Island are about 6-7 feet tall and really wide, thus if those things over heated and wore out I'm sure it would cause the power to go out everywhere in the park.
-
Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company...
Tom the bar is by no means a "mini bar". They don't just have a little fridge with those mini bottles of alcohol like you find at a hotel. There is in fact three full service bars in that resturaunt. One in the "Carosel Room" (the room with the horses) which was for private group dinners. One in the "lounge" right at the top of the steps then one more in the "Caprise Room" (the room with the TV, couches, private bathroom and coat closet and dining table for 6) That room was reserved for the big wigs.
-
FearFeat Staff T-Shirts
FoF hit it on the nose. Food service had a problem two years ago with theft because of that reason. The people were caught but it can pose a huge problem for the park.
-
Bubba-Gump Shrimp Company...
Subway, if its coming will be in Coney Mall right in front of The Racer, taking over Sweet Tooth. The Chinese food place will be right at the front gate next to Key Hole photo in the old "Allstar Cafe". That place never gets much business and changes menus completly every year or so.
-
Scariest PKI moment.
Which power outage are you talking about? Yeah I was there that day. It was one of the largest picnics of the year and because all the resturaunts in the park were closed they started swarming back there. It was pure heck. There have been many other fun power outages over the last five years that I can remember. Though it sucks at the food and merchandise stores because all of a sudden your registers shut off and you can't sell anything and you can't give change if you were in a transactoin and guests getted ****ed off.