New Ride Names now Official

italianchef

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Ohh, just think how the visitors react!

The last time I went I rode Face... Dang! Invertigo with some people from pennsylvania!

They were like, "yea, we rode this ride first cause you can see it from the parking lot!"

I would HATE to se it yellow and blue. To mellow.

The last time I went I rode Face... Dang! Invertigo with some people from pennsylvania!

They were like, "yea, we rode this ride first cause you can see it from the parking lot!"

I said yellow and black. I think it would look good, but maybe thats just me.

Ohh, sorry, trying to reply to RaCeR's post.

Yea, Yellow and Blue would be easy on the Eyes,

But it wouldn't attract attention.

Ohh, sorry, trying to reply to RaCeR's post.

Yea, Yellow and Blue would be easy on the Eyes,

But it wouldn't attract attention.

Im confused... :D

Are you meaning that Invertigo would be weired with blue and yellow and yellow and black?

I still hate the name Flight Deck.......Come On Cedar Fair you can do better than that! All the other names are Ok The Crypt is a stupid name to.....

This is Cedar Fair, <_<

My dad just said,

Wow, it sounds like that wasn't very creative.

It was probably a 5 minute meeting.

my two favs got the brunt of the beating... The CRYPT???? what, is there gonna be an animated cryptkeeper there now too???? geez!

and FLIGHT DECK?!?!?! wth! You'd they'd at least be original about it. with either or any of them. Invertigo is a ripoff of every other boomerang coaster identical to Face/Off... geez. You'd think they'd have some advertising ppl somewhere with better ideas! And you know, next season, you'll be able to walk up to anywhere and say: which way to (insert paramount name here) and the guys/girls will still tell you. Man, I'm so ****ed now! I need a break!

deb

I am among the minority. I personally don`t mind the name Flight Deck. I don`t think it is the best name they could have come up with, but it is not a bad name, by any stretch of the imagination, IMO.

Well they definately didn't stretch their own imaginations too far, that's for sure...

Actually, I think most people that hear of Drop Zone don`t even connect it with the Paramount movie of that same title. That name aptly explains the ride. And with the lack of creativity they gave to the rides they renamed, I`d hate to think of what they would have renamed Drop Zone.

Actually, I think most people that hear of Drop Zone don`t even connect it with the Paramount movie of that same title. That name aptly explains the ride. And with the lack of creativity they gave to the rides they renamed, I`d hate to think of what they would have renamed Drop Zone.

I didn't know that it was a movie name until I started reading here. I just figured it was a good name for a gyro drop. I'm really glad it gets to keep its name. I never added "stunt tower"(I think thats what it was) when I refered to it. I don't know anyone that did. Most people probably won't even notice that it's name changed. It will probably take many people years to realize that any of the names changed.

The Nick name will be with Cedar Fair/Kings Island for at least 4 more years. This was said by the Cedar Fair higher ups 2 years ago at CoasterMania. I only see the rides named after the movies changed. Drop Zone i see staying. Plus the food places names staying unless its part of the Paramount name. I know Bubba Gump Shrimp is a place i know may stay cause its all over. Not in just the parks.

And to think they could've at least held a contest to see who could come up with the best names for the rides.

Isn't that what they did when they first opened the park back in 1972?

.....besides, they could've just re-named Top Gun (KI, CGA, & Winds) JET. Or Project PHANTOM. Or KAMIKAZE.

The Nick name will be with Cedar Fair/Kings Island for at least 4 more years. This was said by the Cedar Fair higher ups 2 years ago at CoasterMania. I only see the rides named after the movies changed. Drop Zone i see staying. Plus the food places names staying unless its part of the Paramount name. I know Bubba Gump Shrimp is a place i know may stay cause its all over. Not in just the parks.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if that license is expanded much further than 4 years.

As do I, and I also believe that IJST's days are (or at least should be) numbered.

What makes you believe that?

Or are you just making up stuff again to hear yourself talk?

Note the "Or at least Should be."

IJST is a waste of space.

Ok, you were just saying things to hear yourself talk.

Thanks for comfirming it.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if that license is expanded much further than 4 years.

Well at the time Cedar Fair took over in 06, the Nick name was in its 1st year. I think they should keep it too. Makes it to where you have 2 different cartoon names in one state instead of just one. Better for all partys.

Well at the time Cedar Fair took over in 06, the Nick name was in its 1st year. I think they should keep it too. Makes it to where you have 2 different cartoon names in one state instead of just one. Better for all partys.

Cedar Fair has the inherent rule of doing what works. So you're probably right. They probably kept Snoopy for a reason, just like they'll probably keep Nick for a reason...

The names have now changed on KI's website:

Italian Job Stunt Track = Backlot Stunt Coaster

Days of Thunder = Thunder Alley

Drop Zone Stunt Tower = Drop Zone

Face/Off = Invertigo

Tomb Raider: The Ride = The Crypt

Top Gun = Flight Deck

http://www2.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/attr...ry.cfm?ac_id=18

Backlot Stunt Coaster and Flight Deck are awful. Is The Crypt going to be themed like a haunted house? The rest of the names are pretty unimaginative as well. Why does Kings Island insist on losing charm and character with each passing year? It was bad enough that they got rid of the antique cars for The Italian Job, and now its going to have horrible name attached to it. I wonder who has final decision on things like this, and why they are still employed.

Cedar Fair has the inherent rule of doing what works. So you're probably right. They probably kept Snoopy for a reason, just like they'll probably keep Nick for a reason...

They kept Snoopy because the Nick licensing terms at the time of the finalized Paramount Park's acquisition was only for Nick licensing in the Paramount Park's, it didn't expand to the legacy parks, just as the current Peanut's licensing is for the Legacy parks and not for the Paramount parks. With Cedar Fair's current financial condition, while not terrible, money is tight, I doubt they pay to expand Nick to the other parks ever, Kinzel noted in the last conference call that they have no intention of doing this anytime soon. He also noted that the Nick licensing was still under negotiation.

It would have been cool if the public could have submitted some names for the rides. We could have come up with something better than Backlot Stunt Coaster or the Crypt...although the Crypt is kind of cool now that I am typing it. I just hope that that whole ride will get a major overhaul...new lightning, maybe a new rotation or something, and definately keeping it dark all year.

Yes, Kings Island got its name from a naming contest in which thousands of Cincinnatians took part in. I`m not sure of the name of the lady who won the contest with the name of Kings Island (of course).

I thought it was named Kings Island because of the combination of Coney Island and the Kings Mills neighborhood?