Should KI host a New Year's Eve Party and charge admission?

italianchef

New Year's Eve is coming. Back in my old single days, I used to always host a party. Should Kings Island host a New Year's Eve Party? If so, where? And what would you like to see. Give as many details as you like including admission cost, menu, and entertainment.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

Living here in Sandusky, I always thought Cedar Point should have a New Years Eve Party. Instead of the Ball dropping in Times Square, the Space Spiral could drop counting down the seconds!! They could have live bands, a couple food stands open, fireworks, and maybe rides like Disaster Transport & Max Air running. I'm not sure what they would have to charge for something like that, but I am willing to bet if they charged $5/person ALOT of people would attend the event. It could become a north-coast tradition, going to CP to watch the Space Spiral Drop on New Years Eve!! Within a few years it could turn into a HUGE event!!

Just my dream...

^ While that looks great on paper, there are too many things that would complicate planning for such an event.

January is right in the middle of the winter rehabs for seasonal parks. All the maintenance workforce is concentrating on that. Throwing in an event during that time would put a ton of pressure in that department.

January is not a good time to plan for an outside event on the shores of Lake Erie. Sure there are some holidays during the winter that you cannot tell that it is winter, but all it takes is that one lake effect snowstorm to pop up and all the money and effort put into a one day event would end up looking like a fantastic snowdrift.

Who is going to staff the event for one day?

This sounds great, and Lord knows I would love to ride The Beast in the snow. I've ridden it in the rain, high wind, and even in sleet, but never snow.

This idea would be a logistical nightmare, with staffing restaurants, ticket booths, security gates, front gates, eco, and whatever attractions could be opened, not to mention seeing the park in the middle of its off-season rehab. Best that could ever happen would be to have a travelling carnival in the parking lot, watch some kind of ball or whatnot drop down the Eiffel Tower, then catch a movie across the street if you reserved the theater.

New Year's Eve is coming. Back in my old single days, I used to always host a party. Should Kings Island host a New Year's Eve Party? If so, where? And what would you like to see. Give as many details as you like including admission cost, menu, and entertainment.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

It depends, Will the Rides be Open?

I would love to have an event like this. They could have the games and such open and all the midways open just so you can roam the park and see what is going on in the off season. Then at midnight they could have a great fire works display. They could even put on a preview of a new show have corn hole tournments ect.

Wow, I'm reading a lot of suggestions on here that logistically would be a nightmare. Open up all the games? Who would staff that? Open all the midways? Let's bring in a ton of extra security for one day to keep the inebriated revelers off the rides. Preview a new show? Rehearsals haven't even begun yet for next year! Open FoF? Get those jet blasting space heaters ready! (Although I could be wrong about that last one - is the drum heated?)

I could see opening IR and having an event up there, but not much more than that.

Wow, I'm reading a lot of suggestions on here that logistically would be a nightmare. Open up all the games? Who would staff that? Open all the midways? Let's bring in a ton of extra security for one day to keep the inebriated revelers off the rides. Preview a new show? Rehearsals haven't even begun yet for next year! Open FoF? Get those jet blasting space heaters ready! (Although I could be wrong about that last one - is the drum heated?)

I could see opening IR and having an event up there, but not much more than that.

Logistically it was feasible for Winterfest but would not be to just open the park for one day/night.

Even if you have an outside vendor come in to put on the event, it still would be difficult.

Why not have a festival inside the park!!!!! They all ready got a few game stands setup and it could be a great way to make some extra money in the off season.

Hiring individuals specifically for just that one event.

Think about it.

All the additional security and the simple fact that many of the game kiosks and stands are in winter storage mode.

If you've not been to the park during off season, it's something to see.

Why not have a festival inside the park!!!!! They all ready got a few game stands setup and it could be a great way to make some extra money in the off season.

Uh, no. A majority of the things in the "game stands" are taken out after the end of the season and put in storage, and brought back out in the spring. And you might be a little hard pressed to find "volunteers" on New Year's Eve to run a festival.

Gotta agree with Woofer on this one... would work if WF was still around, but otherwise liability would be too great for a one-off night.

For goodness sakes, people! This is the time of year for imagination :P No one is saying that it could be done. Just what would YOU do if you could host a party at KI? You did the same thing to the question of keeping the park open 24 hours. It's never going to happen but "what if"?! Use your imagination :wacko:

This sounds great, and Lord knows I would love to ride The Beast in the snow. I've ridden it in the rain, high wind, and even in sleet, but never snow.

With the extensive amount of maintenance done on the PTC trains each off season, I highly doubt The Beast would be open for a new years party.

Carowinds ran their B&M invert; Top Gun: The Jet Coaster during their winterfest. Was Carowinds planning to bring back Winterfest in 06 as KI was before CF canned it?

With the extensive amount of maintenance done on the PTC trains each off season, I highly doubt The Beast would be open for a new years party.

Carowinds ran their B&M invert; Top Gun: The Jet Coaster during their winterfest. Was Carowinds planning to bring back Winterfest in 06 as KI was before CF canned it?

Yep. Someone here had even bought a ticket for the 2oo6 Paramount's Carowinds Winterfest. $9.95 in advance, I think it was. They clearly had already learned at least one lesson . . .

For goodness sakes, people! This is the time of year for imagination :P No one is saying that it could be done. Just what would YOU do if you could host a party at KI? You did the same thing to the question of keeping the park open 24 hours. It's never going to happen but "what if"?! Use your imagination :wacko:

LiKe ReAlLy CooL MaN!

ThAt RoCKS THE BIG1111111!!!!!!

LiKe LeT's BuIlD a CoaSter To ThE Moon.

AfTeR ALL, I'm UsInG ny ImaGinAtion!

(stepping back into reality)

No, this topic has nothing to do with you hosting a party at KI. Just read the title. It is rather self explanitory.