When will Dora Go?

coaster_junky

It will be a sad day when that happens. I am probably wrong on this but doesnt Kings Island have a contract with Nickelodeon and when that runs out we will probably see the demise of Nick Central.

really i would be happy if just nick jr. would go so i don't have to here dora and deago's(spelling?) voices through out the park :wacko: . but i would miss spongebob alot because he is amazing.

It will be a sad day when that happens. I am probably wrong on this but doesnt Kings Island have a contract with Nickelodeon and when that runs out we will probably see the demise of Nick Central.

We actually saw the demise of Nick Central with the end of the 2005 season. ;)

I really think that in their effort to completely remove Paramount, they would have rethemed Nick U along with everything else this year if they didn't intend to stick with it.

That's a pretty good point.

Why get rid of a good thing? Nick U is doing just fine. Now, if the numbers were dwindling I could see it going.

Also, one would have to think about costs. It would probably cost less to keep the Nick license than it would to completely retheme the Nick area. A lot of patrons come just to bring their kids to Nick U; if not then they have another reason just to come to the park. The Peanuts are unfortunately slowly dying. They're not as recognizable to the young kids as the Nick characters are. If this were the 70s or 80s I could see the Peanuts area being really popular. Now, I can't see it being worth all that money to retheme. Don't get me wrong, I love the Peanuts but really, how many kids sit down and watch them now?

And you really think Viacom won't take into account how much Mr. Kinzel was willing to pay for Paramount Parks when it is pricing the license renewal? Or how much it would cost Cedar Fair were they to have to retheme the Nick areas of the parks? Viacom is in the business of making money, which they do VERY well. I'd not assume that this renewal would be cheap. Besides, what message was Viacom sending by licensing the former Peanuts play area at Mall of America for a Nick Universe? Just miles from Valleyfair. Just a couple of years before the now Cedar Fair Nick license at the former Paramount Parks expires. Gee, what a coincidence.

Who started the rumor that Dora and NU are leaving in the near future??? I can tell you what I don't know. I don't know of any plans to rid the park of Nickelodeon.

Does anyone know whether or not Cedar Fair renewed the Nickelodeon license? It is set to expire in 2009 or 2010 I think. So as far as I know, CF has up to until 2009 or 2010 to decide whether or not to renew the license.

Personally, I prefer Hanna-Barbera and my son watches Boomerang with me. But from a business perspective, returning Hanna-Barbera would not be logical. It makes more financial sense to renew Nickelodeon. We'll see.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

Who started the rumor that Dora and NU are leaving in the near future??? I don't know of any plans to rid the park of Nickelodeon.

Does anyone know whether or not Cedar Fair renewed the Nickelodeon license? It is set to expire in 2009 or 2010 I think. So as far as I know, CF has up to until 2009 or 2010 to decide whether or not to renew the license.

Personally, I prefer Hanna-Barbera and my son watches Boomerang with me. But from a business perspective, returning Hanna-Barbera would not be logical. It makes more financial sense to renew Nickelodeon. We'll see.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

The answers to your questions and more will all be revealed if you would just read a little bit before you hit the "add reply" button.

When will Dora and friends leave? not soon enough for me, I like snoopy but i'll take anything else.

Here is a though if we have to turn the backward racer around to keep in tradition with the way the ride was really intended, to stay consistent (and we know Cedar Fair likes to stay consistent) shouldn't Hana-Barbera return?

This also poses a problem with the NU rides....Avatar is a pretty hevy theamed ride(its train) which woul dmean extensive remodling with it. Also RR is themed well to. Granit taking a huge dino woulnt be as hard as remaking the trians...so i think CF has its work cut out for it in the next few years assuming they don't renu.