Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

^I think that would look really nice. Fit the Rivertown feel pretty well. I like Griffon"s really bright blue water splash but I don't think it would look as good in Rivertown.

The queue is starting to take shape too. IMO The line is one of the most important parts of the attraction and I love it when it can get you pumped up and in the mood to ride.

Its not uncommon for ponds to be dyed so that they do not look muddy. For example, I believe that the water around Maverick is actually dyed. Coney actually put some dye in Lake Como this past season, as it went from its typical muddy color to a green color. (They also stocked the lake with some fish).

As the old saying goes, you learn something new everyday! Since that copper sulfate cuts down on things like algae, it would not surprised me if they did add some of that to the water. However, with the small "creek" and the spraying from the trains, the water will be circulated frequently, and will not result in stagnant water. Furthermore, the Oktoberfest pond by Viking Fury does not have any copper sulfate added to it, to my knowledge.

Not all ponds need treated but man made ones have no natural ecosystems to keep things in check. There's always a lot of factors involved. One of our ponds had three huge...HUGE fountains (recycled industiral boilers) but the city always added chemicals because of the homeless bathing in them. I doubt that's a problem at KI but I'm just pointing out that there's things we may not be thinking of.

EDIT: I forgot to ask if anyone has seen if testing has begun. I can't get an image on the webcam and don't have time to wait for my turn in the que.

Yea spraying fish from the spash down would be funny. :lol: I am not sure a dye would be nice and really finsh the area off. Maybe a very light blue or greenish. I would like to see them paint it or put in a colored liner. How about a mossic of a Diamondback head like the dollywood butterflies!