Top Gun and Days of Thunder Media Day Tape

Vortex

The tape is really cool... I find it funny that they only show footage of the B&M though. For being old, it played amazing. One other note though, is they mention the Days of Thunder attaction being at Carowinds and Kings Dominion. I found that funny.

I watched your other videos as well. The footage of King Cobra on the one was nice. I really didn't get to see that in action much because I was terrified of coasters in my younger days. I wasn't interested in anything coasters at that time. As a matter of fact, that same year I was tricked onto The Racer by my uncle. I wasn't too happy when we pulled out of the station.

You shouldn`t find it funny that the video mentions Days of Thunder at Carowinds and Kings Dominion. Days of Thunder opened at those parks in 1993. It did not debut at Kings Island until the following season, 1994, which is why there was no mention of it at Kings Island.

Vortex, thank you for sharing! These videos are great and really bring back some memories. I really think that back in the early days of Paramount Parks they really, really intended to bring and maintain world class themed rides.

I really wish you could watch the Days of Thunder video online. So many great memories from that ride.

And to think when I first rode FD as an 11 (?) yr-old, I was totally scared, nervous, with the heart racing and beating fast the entire time!! (while in a 3.5+ hr line when it opened in May!)

Now...while I'm very excited to ride D-back, the pulse isn't even elevated, and even if going up the lift hill for the first time in the very back seat won't be either!

But that vid was awesome, and thanks for posting!

Vortex, thank you for sharing! These videos are great and really bring back some memories. I really think that back in the early days of Paramount Parks they really, really intended to bring and maintain world class themed rides.

I really wish you could watch the Days of Thunder video online. So many great memories from that ride.

Agreed! To be honest, though all the Action Theater movies were fun (well most of them at least) I don’t think any were as realistic as Days of Thunder. Everything about it was extremely convincing. Even though you were sitting stationary, the film did an excellent job of creating a feeling of high speed.

I remember when they re-aired it in 2004 for that short period of time; I went after work to one day because there was no line, I was able to ride it 4 times in a row; once in each row.

Though James Bond did a good job at it, I still think Days of Thunder did the best job of utilizing the "themeing space" in the preshow area. All the props plus the car on the turntable was really cool and really set the mood for what was going to happen. That was back when both theaters ran simultaneously AND synchronized. And to think now we have a movie about a talking cleaning medium in search of hamburger dill. <_<

^ Agreed.

A "Krusty Krab In Nick U. would be absolutely fantastic!

Especially when they had a building called "The Krusty Krab" that looked like the one from the show.

I Know! They have a resturant called the Krusty Krab Snack Shack and what do they sell?! HOTDOGS! They dont even sell hamburgers! What little kid obsessed with the talking sponge would not want to eat a Krabby Patty! Ridiculous!

Amen. I will never forget the first time I saw that. I was stunned. Even the location makes no sense. Far better it be near what was then the very popular Spongebob film in Action Theater. Boneheaded that was. Simply incredibly stupid. I won't even go on to mention that hot dogs are a choking risk for wee kids. . .while hamburgers are not.