Offical Shoe of Kings Island

coaster_junky

what brand of shoe can you just not leave the house for Kings Island without and why?

for me it is my high-top chuck taylors, mainly because you don't have to worry about them sliding off your feet.

My slipon vans even though i take them off on some rides that I feel like they would fall off on like Drop Tower.

Mine used to be a pair of Propet sandals, which had the heel wrap to it as well to prevent slippage from rides, however since those fell apart after 7 years of use (and for me, a normal pair of shoes lasts me 6 months) I have gone to the thong sandal style from Wal-Mart that costs $1, and they have lasted me about 2 years.

Skechers D'Lites. I love them and so far they are holding up great to all the abuse I've given them this season. With about 20 park visits in the past 2 months, they still look and feel brand new!

Last year I lived in Crocs but I'm tired of kicking off my shoes on half the rides, so I've gone to more secure footwear options.

Usually flip flops but if I'm going for comfort nothing beats nike running shoes with zoom air soles. Shox and air pocket nikes last a few months and then completely fall apart. Zoom air soles last years and never stop being comfortable.

I still run about 20 miles a week (most weeks ;) ) in my pair that I used to train and run the flying pig in 07! I keep thinking I want a new pair then I go for a run and realize they are still in great shape.

SNC00475.jpg

At the beginning of the season I wore my Nike Basketball shoes and my feet hated me. But now I wear Adidas Megabounce from about 3 years ago and my feet love me.

The Nikes are called Nike Powermax TB and they are $130.

The Adidas were around $100 but they are way more comfortable then the Nikes.

Year ago I would try to stick with something that had a back, but now I'll where whatever is comtable for me. Last year I wore Crocs and gym shoes. This year DVS skate shoes. I love them but I felt like they were gonna fly off. I probably have to lace them a little tighter or I'll just where my flip-flops.

I can never wear flip flops. It just doesn't work haha. Between taking them off for some rides and then not having enough support it gets annoying and painful after a while. I think I'm going to invest in some Dr. Scholls for my next trip and start gellin.

I also found when I worked on my feet and had to walk the payment at Kings Island, I loved to wear Red Wing half boots, which were water proof (with leather treatment applied). My feet thanked me for wearing those fine boots with very good arch supports. I have always wonder how guests can wear flip flops while at the park without their feet hurting them? But when ever I made use of Boomerang Bay, the very first time my feet felt like they were on fire from the sun beating down on the surface. I hasten to the souveneer shop and bought a pair of aqua shoes to wear while at the water park. My feet did not feel like they were on fire and I could use them while in the water.