what should be added food wise at Kings Island

westcoaster

I always loved coaster cafe's name. I designed one in college for a project but for the life of me I can't find it. It had half loop track work that came down from the ceiling and curved down the wall with a clear glass table to eat on.

I voted nothing because I would really like to see more healthy food and drinks in the park. Good as it may taste most of the time, greasy food sometimes does not sit well in my stomach after riding for several hours.

I would be thrilled to see more fruit and vegetable selections at the current food places (not just pre-made salads), as well as real fruit juice and maybe even V8 available to drink. Or a place that is just a salad bar? Nothing tastes better to me than fresh fruit and veggies on a hot day.

I'm with giga and Terpy. I would like to be able to buy apples, bananas, etc. I like to eat fruits and veggies and it is near impossible to find in parks. I love Subway, but I would like one step past that healthy-food wise.

I would like to see:

1. Dunkin Donuts (Not a fan of that other coffee pirate)

2. Mcdonalds or BK (With prices the same as outside the park, with the same specials) (Not raised like Subway does)

3. An affortable sit down dinner for families (character dinning like Disney would be nice).

It's nice to dream B)

How about Chipotle?

Probably not a good idea. :D

Chipotle, while tasty, wouldn't really work well in an amusement park setting. It's not something you can eat while walking around the park, and it could be rather messy for those who aren't familiar with Chipotle (eg someone taking all the foil off and then trying to eat it...). On top of that, the portions are a bit larger than what most people are used to (compare a fajita at Taco Bell to one at Chipotle...).

As I've stated many times before, I think what KI needs is a good German restaurant in Festhaus. There's a lot of good German food that's perfect for an amusement park setting (various sausages, sauerkraut balls, etc.), and they'd probably make a killing if they could get some good German beer there.

Yes, Kings Island offers LaRosa`s from four locations. There is the I-Street Pizza, inside the Festhaus, at Rivertown Pizza, and over in Boomerang Bay.

Of course on the subject of Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks, it still amazes me that they don`t open International Street before the ropes drop in the morning so that guests can patronize Starbucks (and all the other merchandise locations on International Street) between 9 and 10am. Seems like a lost revenue opportunity to me.

I voted nothing because I would really like to see more healthy food and drinks in the park. Good as it may taste most of the time, greasy food sometimes does not sit well in my stomach after riding for several hours.

I would be thrilled to see more fruit and vegetable selections at the current food places (not just pre-made salads), as well as real fruit juice and maybe even V8 available to drink. Or a place that is just a salad bar? Nothing tastes better to me than fresh fruit and veggies on a hot day.

Towards the end of Eisner's time at Disney, he instituted a fruit, not fries directive throughout the parks. In essence, the various eateries across the parks pushed the fruit equally as hard as the fries, esp when it came to kids meals. Since everyone copies off of a good idea, this is why you see every fast food place adveritisng apple or orange slices along with fries. There is no reason KI can't offer more healthy options inside the park, like the subway in Coney Mall (though if you add enough condiments, the healthy aspect goes away).

Out of those choices, I voted Coasters. I'm not a fan of chain restaurants in parks, unless they're of a local/regional variety like LaRosa's, Skyline and Graeter's. I can get Starbuck's, Subway, Cinnabon, Chik-Fil-A, Friday's, McDonald's, Burger King, Denny's or Johnny Rocket's very easily outside the park, in multiple locations across the US.

When I go on vacation, you won't see me eating at national chains (unless that's all that's available, or if it's a chain that's not in my area... like Krystal's, Jack in the Box, etc.). I like the independent places. And when I'm at a park, the same rule applies... I want something only the region or the park itself has to offer.

Gator, looking forward to spaghetti at DelGrosso's, whatever Lakemont Park, Knoebel's, Idlewild, Conneaut Lake and Sesame Place have to offer, and the chocolate at Hersheypark...oops, Hershey's national! :P

Potbelly? A most excellent idea. Remember, though, that higher prices will almost always be seen in theme park venues, as the vendor has to pay the park rent that includes the prospect of huge amounts of virtually guaranteed traffic. This can be seen not only at Cedar Fair, but also in the prices McDonald's once charged at Great Adventure, the prices charged today by Papa John's and Panda Express and Johnny Rockets at Six Flags, and by Carnegie Deli at Great Adventure, just to name a few....

I second Potbelly..good sandwhiches indeed. I would think, though that while traffic is guranteed, it is only that way for 6 months out of the year, so these chains take them into account when making such deals. I'd be anxious to know how Graeters is doing at the park. They are already considered a high end ice cream before coming into the park. The few times I've been in there, the prices are slightly higher than those charged in the parlors.

I would like KI to take the eating establisments that they already have and improve the quality of the food.

First, what is it with those horrible steamed hamburgers at Festhaus? Go back to chargrilling the burgers-they are so much better that way.

Secondly, the Larosa's Pizza most of the time is horrible-it is usually stale, the slices are small and there are hardly any ingredients ie pepperoni on the pizza.

Thirdly, the buffet by DB is a joke. The food in my college dorm was better. I would like to see a buffet of the same high quality as Midway Market at CP.

However, I don't want to be completely negative. Outer Hanks has great food at a reasonable price as does Skyline. Also, cannot beat the soft serve ice cream.