New Coaster?

btcain

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said anything about the having the biggest, the fastest, the most loops, the most negative Gs, and the most inversions. All I said was coaster.

And all I am saying is after this next year of coaster building, Cedar Fair may either recover from Rollercoasteritis or be forced to. Or not. Investors are starting to question this strategy, and not just at the bankrupt Six Flags.

I never said anything about the having the biggest, the fastest, the most loops, the most negative Gs, and the most inversions. All I said was coaster.

And all I am saying is after this next year of coaster building, Cedar Fair may either recover from Rollercoasteritis or be forced to. Or not. Investors are starting to question this strategy, and not just at the bankrupt Six Flags.

Wow, exactly what i was thinking. I was watching something about mcdonalds on tv a while back because there was nothing else on. They did an interview with the food giant's execs and started talking about how in the early 2000's the company was having financial trouble, because they were more focused on building more and more restaurants than improving the food quality or improving what they already had. Hmmmm where have i seen this before? :D

For 2009, KI has announced that they would rebuild Red Beard's Revenge as bigger and better since the building was used for a gift shop. I wonder if it will be in an existing building, or a new one.

Grrr gift shops always destroying our haunts.

CK who loves his dead pirates

If Cedar Fair ever went bankruptor for some reason had to sell some of their parks, I think as arguably the second best/ best Cedar Fair park, we'd be safe. Unless they went for the cities like Charlotte and Toronto...

^Valleyfair! and Worlds of Fun are already for sale. I can understand Valleyfair! but Worlds of Fun seems like a good park. They've got a hyper, B&M Invert, GCI Woodie, and some other good rides. Wouldn't a park like Michigan's Adventure or even Dorney be more suitable than Worlds of Fun?

I was thinking the same thing but I'm sure they can figure something out and add restrooms back in X-base.

haha, they could definitely just use some restrooms back there in general. I feel like you have to walk all the way down towards Spongebob, or over to the area across from Adventure Express. Those seem spread out from that area.

• 1 month later...

I do not think that a new coaster will be built this year, but soon. I think if Son of Beast gets torn down than KI loses a Big world record. (not to metion their second tallest coaster in the park. You can already see that KI would never think about taking out SOB. They took out the loop, and keep trying to improve it. See a trend here. If it comes to that, they will need to fill the void.

I do not think that KI will get a TTD (Top Thrill Dragster) if that is what that means. Cedar Fair would never let Kings Island Steal ther thunder. They would never make it taller than the original one, and if it was shorter, what good would that be.

As for the ecomey. (Sorry not spelled right!) I thik that buy the time they start building Cedar Fair will be in much better than before.

Not so much as a tall ride, but a really fast ride the maby "Area 51 the ride"

*Disclaimer this post is not to be taken as fact. Just a opinon of my.

No Top Thrill Dragster probably won't come to Kings Island; it's a unique type of ride, only two in the whole world. They might want to keep it like that.

I want a tall ride for some reason - Kings Island needs a better skyline (I'm all about skylines....and Skyline Chili ;) ). A tall 300 ft ride would look awesome! I really want a giga coaster.

^ Wow neither Timmy is like Diamondback. One is a snake theme the other is a racing theme. Carowinds Timmy looks much better and more Nitro like than Diamonback. Kings Dominons Timmy is a giga coaster with steeper drops than Diamondback and much of its low to the ground. Nothing like Diamondback at all. I woudl like to see a launch of aruond 100MPH and have a wicked layout with tons of air time and inversions. Kind of like storm runner but different.