What coaster/ride will be gone soon/first?

KI FANATIC 37

IMO, I see Crypt gone next year and possibly Son of Beast.

It is unclear on how the SOB story is going to unfold?

They spend a few dollars giving Crypt a new entry way this year and retheming a few years ago. I don't think it is going anywhere.

I would like to see them take the structure down around it and turn it into an outdoor ride with a good theme. Then you have a cool ride experience without the cost of a new ride.

Previously I would have believed it a smart move to remove/relocate the Crypt as it used to be prime realty in Rivertown. Now with Diamnodback towering adjacent to it, the list of potential attractions to replace it has been severely diminished.

The thing with ride removal is that it rarely happens without something to come into its place. Even if it is a maintenance nightmare (Crypt) or just a nightmare in general (SOB) it is unlikely the rides will no longer exist until there is something to take its place. Even if it does stand dormant for some time.

The Crypt is failing. People are getting to know about the new ride cycle. Last time I was there, most of the rides had a 15-30 min wait. The Crypt was walk-on. I think Action Theater will be around a few more years, because of Crypt's mechanical problems and SoB's, well, "other" problems.

I got my SOB shirts Sunday for $5 including tax. Things don't look good for Sonny.

Leave the Gun, take the Cannolis.

Firehawk shirts are also on sale for $5

That's what I was going to say. I for one do not see Son of Beast leaving. That is my opinion so don't hammer me on it. However, I do see Crypt leaving. If you have to tone down a ride because it is breaking itself and the ride still has poor reliability then why keep it. May it RIP (Rust in Pieces) :lol:

The Crypt is failing. People are getting to know about the new ride cycle. Last time I was there, most of the rides had a 15-30 min wait. The Crypt was walk-on. I think Action Theater will be around a few more years, because of Crypt's mechanical problems and SoB's, well, "other" problems.

Yeah, a lot of people know about the ride cycle being changed... So? Just because The Crypt is a walk-on doesn't mean its going to be gone any time soon. Like what Indyguy said, The just spent a few nickles on the new entrance and que... So I doubt that will be gone any time soon. I honestly think, they are trying to save it.

Now SOB, thats a completely different story.

Ya just because the shirts are on sale doesnt mean the ride is going anywhere. They just have too many of the shirt and nobody are buying them at 20 dollars a shirt, so they are discounting them. the D.A.R.E shirt i bought for 20 is now only 5. Its just because nobody wants to spend money on a ride shirt thats not that good. now i like Son of Beast, it is enjoyable, it can be rough but i will ride it, and they shouldnt take it out. And without SOB back there, many people dont go back there for EXtreme Skyflyer, Flight deck, restrooms, and a few soda machines. If they did take it out, there would probably be a major ride development back there, but that would cost too much money that CF doesnt have for a new ride. They probably would rather it sit empty and not being used then tear it down and build a new ride.

Umm.......have you seen the queue? It's horrible compared to what it was before. They changed it because they had to. And the new entrance, again, because they had to.

Yep, It doesn't look to good. But that doesn't matter in this case. Yes, they changed it because they had to... It still doesn't change the fact they spent money on it. And they are going to want to keep that investment. Not just tear it down a year later. Remember, its a business. They want to make money. If they demolished the Crypt what would go in its place? And if your answer is nothing, then that isn't going to happen. Then they lose a ride(stating in adds they have more rides brings people in AKA money). So thus they would lose money. Does anyone get what I'm trying to say here?

Umm.......have you seen the queue? It's horrible compared to what it was before. They changed it because they had to. And the new entrance, again, because they had to.

Yep, It doesn't look to good. But that doesn't matter in this case. Yes, they changed it because they had to... It still doesn't change the fact they spent money on it. And they are going to want to keep that investment. Not just tear it down a year later. Remember, its a business. They want to make money. If they demolished the Crypt what would go in its place? And if your answer is nothing, then that isn't going to happen. Then they lose a ride(stating in adds they have more rides brings people in AKA money). So thus they would lose money. Does anyone get what I'm trying to say here?

My point as well HTCO as you know, since you have referenced my post. I also think that HTCO's and my point is that if they were going to get rid of Crypt within the next year, they would not have made the investments in the ride that have over the last few years. They could have made the queue just go out into the walkway and not build a queue, even if it was built with DB construction money.

as much as i want top gun gone because its so boring and short. i think crypt will be gone. and then Son of Beast.. UNLESS sob doesnt pass the investigation then its gone. theres no way they will take 2 rides out in one year.

first part: erm, FLIGHT DECK will not be going anywhere, I think the park may know that it's an idea stopming ground for the junior coaster lovers and even the older ones as well. It's a classic suspended coaster. I do not think it's flying away any time soon.....Cobra you just knew he would.

Second Part: I do not think that will be going anywhere as well. It seems to me that they are spending a lot of money...erm nickles, over the investagation and I have seen people walk that track almost all the time that I am there. So for the fact that they are using so much time and man power to deem this thing "safe" or not I don't think they have plans for removing it.

As for The Crypt's fate. While I do see it dying....no pun intended, I do not think the sign change or the line change have anything, and I repeat ANYTHING to do with it leaving. And they could have most certainly bought the rights to TR, but CF did not want to (for they're own reasons). So they did not HAVE to chang anything, they WANTED to :rolleyes:

Ya just because the shirts are on sale doesnt mean the ride is going anywhere.

The entire stock of Firehawk and Flight Deck shirts was not on sale. All of the SOB shirts were out there, and can't be found anywhere else in the park. People use the Nick sale as evidence of NU leaving- what's different about this?

Now, about The Crypt- how much do you really think they spent on theming? Most of it was recycled Haunt stuff, anyway. And, when they added the theming, The Crypt still had an eight flip cycle, and wasn't in as bad of a state as it is now.

...Now, about The Crypt- how much do you really think they spent on theming? Most of it was recycled Haunt stuff, anyway. And, when they added the theming, The Crypt still had an eight flip cycle, and wasn't in as bad of a state as it is now...

Its not the theming were talking about. The theming sucks anyway. I could by better theming for that ride at Party City. Were talking about the entrance, and they nickles they spent on re-doing the entrance and line queue.

Just as long as we get some advanced notice that a ride is leaving. Unlike when King Cobra was removed, and its removal was not announced until the beginning of the 2002 season. There was no chance for those wanting to ride it one last time to do so...

...Now, about The Crypt- how much do you really think they spent on theming? Most of it was recycled Haunt stuff, anyway. And, when they added the theming, The Crypt still had an eight flip cycle, and wasn't in as bad of a state as it is now...

Its not the theming were talking about. The theming sucks anyway. I could by better theming for that ride at Party City. Were talking about the entrance, and they nickles they spent on re-doing the entrance and line queue.

They had to redo the queue. If you look DB's footer is right where Crypt's old queue was. I agree with Cedar Pointer they redid the entrance when Crypt had it's old cycle. Now that it has a new less "destructive" cycle. Who knows? Maybe Crypt will be gone.