Planet Snoopy (bringing your children?) in 2010.

CrashOverRided

ok, I just have to ask the parents out there........Now that we know Nick-U is leaving, and Snoopy is moving it. How many of you are NOT bringing your children to KI based on the change....(wow this would have been a good POLL). And remeber this question is based on your choice cause most young children cant drive....lmao.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We, me along with my 3 and 6 year old, will be there as much is 2010 as we were in 2009 and 2008 - Planet Snoopy will make no difference. Will I have to explain why the rides have new names? Yes. Will it matter? No. The kids have never seen Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, Little Bill, Scooby, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar - but love the rides. They watch some Nick shows (Backyardigans, Dora, Diego) but this doesn't cause them to want to ride these rides as much.

We, me along with my 3 and 6 year old, will be there as much is 2010 as we were in 2009 and 2008 - Planet Snoopy will make no difference. Will I have to explain why the rides have new names? Yes. Will it matter? No. The kids have never seen Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, Little Bill, Scooby, Jimmy Neutron, Avatar - but love the rides. They watch some Nick shows (Backyardigans, Dora, Diego) but this doesn't cause them to want to ride these rides as much.

yes good point. and since there is plenty of time to tell our children that there is a change it will make opening day 2010 exciting.

I won't know until Kings Island gives us a list of rides and attractions in Planet Snoopy.But most likely if KI has something that fancys me I'll take my oldest cousin she is 11 I adopted her 2 years ago.

Great Question BTW.

heres what i would suggest ...start introducing snoopy now.....that way when you take them they will be like OH OH theres Snoopy. :D thats what i am doing with my 2 kids. I am going to find a few peanuts dvds at blockbuster let them watch them. then they can form their own thoughts.

Well to me the reason ''Peanuts'' work so well is because that's a Cedar Point/Cedar Fair thing while Scooby-Doo was a Kings Island,Kings Dominion etc thing.When I hear ''Cedar Point'' I think of coasters and snoopy when I hear ''Kings Island'' I think of The Beast,Scooby-Doo and oddly Nick U.

Well to me the reason peanuts work so well is because that was there thing ... Scooby-Doo was a Kings Island thing if you get what I'm saying.

yes i do ......what i am planning for my kids is to introduce them to the peanuts before next year to prevent that "Shell Shock" - "Deer in head lights" responce.lol

Well to me the reason peanuts work so well is because that was there thing ... Scooby-Doo was a Kings Island thing if you get what I'm saying.

yes i do ......what i am planning for my kids is to introduce them to the peanuts before next year to prevent that "Shell Shock" - "Deer in head lights" responce.lol

Same here! I'm going to do the same thing I want to introduce Snoopy and company to my youngest niece,My oldest( whom I adopted 2 year ago)she thinks the whole transformation of Nick U is stupid she'd rather have Scooby-Doo and Spongebob...ahh aren't kids great!

Will still be going, but it sort of takes the specialness out of our trips to Cedar Point - meeting the Snoopy Characters. Whereas the Kids always see the Nick/Scooby at KI, Cedar Point is cool because it is different.

I am afraid that we wont do CP as much, because the kids will be bored of Snoopy and not have anything different or special.

Was at CP last weekend and the kids seemed to be having a blast at both Camp Snoopy and Planet Snoopy. Kids are kids wherever you go and I wouldn't expect it to be any different at KI.

I totally agree.

Here's a head scratcher: Parents get enraged every year because they are stupid enough to take their young children through Haunt even though the park highly advises that they don't, and then they get angry at the park because the monsters scared their children.. yet they are hesitant about Snoopy and the Peanuts gang, which has been kid friendly for years and years??.. wow..

Was at CP last weekend and the kids seemed to be having a blast at both Camp Snoopy and Planet Snoopy. Kids are kids wherever you go and I wouldn't expect it to be any different at KI.

AWSOME!!!! is KI your home park then?

What's your point?

Parents get enraged every year because they are stupid enough to take their young children through Haunt even though the park highly advises that they don't, and then they get angry at the park because the monsters scared their children.. yet they are hesitant about Snoopy and the Peanuts gang, which has been kid friendly for years and years??.. wow..

Is this the same park that is selling Halloween Haunt VIP tours that are also available to young children...no age restriction?

I will answer this one. It's pretty easy

I will still take my kid to Ki for peanuts.

I am not happy about it. I hate to see Nick U leaving.

I'm sure she will still have fun visiting the gang that she has no clue as to who they are, but it will still be kiddie land, so she'll have fun.

My whole problem isn't that the kids won't like it.They will, just not as much.

It also gives a Wal-Mart feel to all the parks.

If you go in to a wal-mart in Columbus, Ohio. They have the same stuff on the shelves as they do in Lincoln, Nebraska.

That is what Cedar Fair seems to be doing to all of their parks.

Going in to kiddie land at KI will now be the same experence as it is at Kings Dominion, Cedar Point, Carowinds.

So, If I have children, and I do. What is the allure to visit say Carowinds next summer?

If I want to enjoy another park, with different attractions, I am going to need to go to Six Flags maybe, or Busch Gardens.

By putting a "generic" kids land in, the powers that be have saved money on licensing, but also lost money in return visits by families.

Nobody wants to visit the same park over and over. That is pointed out by everyone on here talking of trips to Cedar Point, Holiday World, Six Flags, etc. By the same token, imagine talking to a kid.

"Guess what honey, first we are going to Kings Island where you can see Snoopy. Then we will go to Kings Dominion where you can visit, um, Snoopy. Then we'll shoot up to Cedar Point where you might see.....uh....Snoopy"

If Kings Island, Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, and Carowinds all had the same roller coasters, would you guys all still take trips each year to the different parks?

Parents get enraged every year because they are stupid enough to take their young children through Haunt even though the park highly advises that they don't, and then they get angry at the park because the monsters scared their children.. yet they are hesitant about Snoopy and the Peanuts gang, which has been kid friendly for years and years??.. wow..

Is this the same park that is selling Halloween Haunt VIP tours that are also available to young children...no age restriction?

Haunt is open to all ages. There is simply a parent advisory that it may not be suitable for children.

The kids have never seen Scooby.

I am seriously thinking of turning you in to The Department of Children and Family Services. :lol:

I probably shouldn't mention some of the stuff my 6 year old does like to watch or you'd really be calling - the boy watches more Football (of the American and real variety) and NASCAR races than some would consider healthy.

The kids have never seen Scooby.

I am seriously thinking of turning you in to The Department of Children and Family Services. :lol:

I probably shouldn't mention some of the stuff my 6 year old does like to watch or you'd really be calling - the boy watches more Football (of the American and real variety) and NASCAR races than some would consider healthy.

hey, the little brats don't come with an instruction manual. We do the best we can :)

It does not matter to my family what the kids' area is theme with. My kids have fun at any park, even parks that do not have a specific theme for their kids area (i.e. BGE, Hershey, KennyWood, Waldameer etc.)

Personally, I'm glad Nick is moving out and Peanuts are coming in. I am not too fond of some of the 'toons Nick shows. My kids already know what the Peanuts are all about as we will read the comics together, and we have all the holiday specials on DVD.

And for the parents worried about your kids not knowing about Peanuts; go to Barnes and Noble and pick up some of the Peanuts comic books and read them together with your kids. You will find that reading with your kids is more rewarding than watching Nick with them.

Haunt is open to all ages. There is simply a parent advisory that it may not be suitable for children.

I am aware of this…I am just pointing out what I see as the hypocrisy of the park.

I see their “Halloween Haunt includes graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for children. No one and nothing is off limits!” warning as one of two things…either they don’t believe it is actually that bad and they are simply attempting to make Halloween Haunt appear scarier by adding the disclaimer…OR they sincerely do believe it is too scary for children…BUT they are willing to accept the $225.00 and look the other way.

Here is the difference that I see in the “regular” Halloween Haunt experience and the VIP tour…we take my Nephew to the Haunt…he has grown up on Halloween decorations around the house year round and loves to see the fog and the roamers in the park…he stays less than an hour…and we would NEVER take him into one of the actual Haunts until he is old enough…but I think it is a pretty safe bet that if someone pays $225.00 for their child to do the VIP tour they plan on taking them into the Haunts…no matter how young they are…and the park knows this…so if they do believe their own warning why do they still allow children to do the VIP tour…even if they were as young as 3-4 years old? (My answer is “For the money!”)

In their press release announcing the arrival of The Peanuts it included this line: “Cedar Fair are synonymous with good, wholesome family fun”…how can a company that believes that allow a child to do this tour? (My answer is still “For the money”.)

ok, I just have to ask the parents out there........Now that we know Nick-U is leaving, and Snoopy is moving it. How many of you are NOT bringing your children to KI based on the change....(wow this would have been a good POLL). And remeber this question is based on your choice cause most young children cant drive....lmao.

I don't have any children, but I think any parent that wouldn't bring their kid to Kings Island based on the fact that it's becoming Planet Snoopy is simply out of their mind.

What would be a good reasoning behind that? Is Peanuts inappropriate for that age range? Is their child's ride experience going to be any less thrilling on Avatar when it becomes Snoopy's Super Slide (or whatever)? Will their children be afraid of the Peanuts characters?

why do they still allow children to do the VIP tour…even if they were as young as 3-4 years old? (My answer is “For the money!”)

or it could just be because they don't want someone to sue or something because the park descriminated against their childs age, i know it sounds crazy having a 3-4 year old going through the haunts, but still that is up to the parent to make that decision, they were given the disclaimer and know what they are signing their child up to do and if they want to take their three year old to a vip haunt tour let them chose.

and angie, i sorta saw the reverse of what you were talking about one night at haunt last year, a dad was getting mad at his kids, maybe 3 at the oldest for being scared by all of the roamers and not wanting to go through any of the haunts.

I don't have any children, but I think any parent that wouldn't bring their kid to Kings Island based on the fact that it's becoming Planet Snoopy is simply out of their mind.

What would be a good reasoning behind that? Is Peanuts inappropriate for that age range? Is their child's ride experience going to be any less thrilling on Avatar when it becomes Snoopy's Super Slide (or whatever)? Will their children be afraid of the Peanuts characters?

read post #3

...It also gives a Wal-Mart feel to all the parks.

If you go in to a wal-mart in Columbus, Ohio. They have the same stuff on the shelves as they do in Lincoln, Nebraska....

Actually, that isn't true. You'd be amazed at how much of the merchandise at a WalMart varies from store to store. Local managers can and do vary stock (and pricing).

...If I want to enjoy another park, with different attractions, I am going to need to go to Six Flags maybe, or Busch Gardens.

By putting a "generic" kids land in, the powers that be have saved money on licensing, but also lost money in return visits by families.

Nobody wants to visit the same park over and over. That is pointed out by everyone on here talking of trips to Cedar Point, Holiday World, Six Flags, etc. By the same token, imagine talking to a kid.

"Guess what honey, first we are going to Kings Island where you can see Snoopy. Then we will go to Kings Dominion where you can visit, um, Snoopy. Then we'll shoot up to Cedar Point where you might see.....uh....Snoopy"

If Kings Island, Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, and Carowinds all had the same roller coasters, would you guys all still take trips each year to the different parks?

"We guys (and gals)" are not typical. Most people do not go to more than two parks (usually their local one and Disney, Universal OR Busch). Park/coaster enthusiasts make up a very small portion of most parks' patronage, and most park/coaster enthusiasts will go to a park regardless of the reasons they claim they won't. For an example, very, very, very few people will actually boycott Busch Gardens in Williamsburg due to the removal of Big Bad Wolf, regardless of what they say. I predict Snoopy will bring more business to Kings Island, not less, simply because to the park it is new and different. New almost always brings more business. Unchanged does not. People SAY they want the same old, same old and tradition. What they do doesn't always affirm that.