2009 Golden Tickets

so friendliest park staff ? Holiday world lost wow??????

But really if experts picked these awards they would mean more to the park owners.

DOn't get me wrong Cedar Point is asstatic that they have the best park.

Will Cedar Fair let Kings Island keep the best kids area hope they do it right???????????

Time will tell:

That's funny how last year, Amusement Today.

Ravine Flyer II,(Wooden) 80' high, 115' drop, 57 mph, 2900' long, 6 million.

Boardwalk Bullet,(Wooden) 96' high, 3236' long, 51 mph, cost?

Behemoth, (Steel)230' high, 5318' long, 77 mph, 24 million.

Prowler (Wooden) 102'4" high, 3074' long, 51 mph, 8 million.

Diamondback (Steel) 230' high, 5282' long, 80 mph, 22 million.

And back in 2006,

The Voyage, (Wooden) 163' high, 6442' long, 67.4 mph, 8.5 million.

Expedition Everest, (Steel) 112' high, 4424' long, 50 mph, 100 million.

CF would win the Worst Coaster IMO for Hurler at KD. Funny thing is Hurler at Carowinds was a great ride.

I thought Hurler at Carowinds was supposed to be the bad one. I loved Hurler at KD.

We were just at Carowinds this past Saturday. Hurler was running fine and was a lot of fun. Hurler at KD was rough and painful. One other note, Hurler at KD while not overly busy was sending out mostly full trains. At KD they normally only had 3 rows of riders.

I can think of a few parks that have better atmospheres than CP, but not a better ride selection (well, maybe CaWo for flat rides).

Dollywood

Kings Island

Universal Studios

Islands of Adventure

And that's just of park's I've been too!

Cedar Point does deserve the Best Amusement Park in the World award IMO, but a lot of it depends on what you're looking for in a park. I said in my USF/IOA PTR that that park is almost if not as good of a park as Cedar Point, and I meant it!

I disagree with a few things. First of all. I do agree that Beast is better than Raven and Legend. 5 minutes long, with a sweet double helix at the end? Although Legend's helix is better. And I actually found Legend to be as rough as Beast. I'd just rate Beast as the overall best.

Second, I would not rate Cedar Point as the best park. If it strictly had to be an amusement park, mine would be KI. The atmosphere and theming is present, unlike CP, and the percentage of rides that are at least worth riding at KI is far greater than at CP. If it was overall park, Busch Gardens Europe would take the cake. By far. I mean, you really can't beat the atmosphere of that park. Or screaming down a 90 degree drop from 205 feet up (unless you're riding the Voyage).

Cleanest park and Friendliest Staff? Holiday World. End of that.

Just my thoughts.

I still can't see why CP keeps getting the best award, it's just that they have over 70 rides. Do these people who vote go there in May or Oct when the parks under staffed, and it turns into a bad house?

I think Busch Gardens Europe should get the award, there park is outstanding. I've been there during the week, and on the busy Saturday. Really could not tell a difference between the weekday crowd and Saturday's crowd, I mean the line for the rides on Saturday weren't that long, the longest was Griffon at 30 mins.

and the percentage of rides that are at least worth riding at KI is far greater than at CP.

:wacko:

Diamondback

Beast

Racer

Flight of Fear

Flight Deck

Drop Tower

Adventure Express

Blue Streak

Raptor

maXair

Wicked Twister

Power Tower

Magnum XL-200

Gemini

Maverick

Millennium Force

Top Thrill Dragster

Wildcat

:blink:

I said percentage. I guess I should have said proportion, but I didn't say which had more good rides. Not to mention you're missing some on both sides, IMO. And I don't think CP's rides are as reridable. Like Millennium Force and Top Thrill have definitely lost some thrill for me. Maverick and Magnum are the ones that I think deliver consistently.

I think Busch Gardens Europe should get the award, there park is outstanding.

Ditto. They don't have many rides, but none of them are bad. Big Bad Wolf, Loch Ness Monster, Griffon, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot. Plus all of them are very reridable.

I said percentage. I guess I should have said proportion, but I didn't say which had more good rides. Not to mention you're missing some on both sides, IMO. And I don't think CP's rides are as reridable. Like Millennium Force and Top Thrill have definitely lost some thrill for me. Maverick and Magnum are the ones that I think deliver consistently.

Not reridable? I rode Top Thrill Dragster 8 times within a matter of an hour one morning. Millennium Force I could ride all day. Not to mention Raptor or Wicked Twister. What can you ride over and over at KI? Diamondback, Flight of Fear, Flight Deck, maybe Beast.

Ditto. They don't have many rides, but none of them are bad. Big Bad Wolf, Loch Ness Monster, Griffon, Alpengeist, Apollo's Chariot. Plus all of them are very reridable.

Big Bad Wolf is gone.

I can think of a few parks that have better atmospheres than CP, but not a better ride selection (well, maybe CaWo for flat rides).

like disney world, even though my none of my most favorite rides are there, i got goosebumps everytime i walked into one of the four parks there from how amazing walt disney was and how his dream has been reflected in the parks long after he's been gone.

man i really want to go back to disney, one week wasn't even close enough time to go through all four parks. :(

Millennium Force not rerideable? Tell that to Single Rider Bob and the other people that rode Millennium 70 plus times last night alone! I rode it 14 times in 1 hour before it broke down.

Not reridable? I rode Top Thrill Dragster 8 times within a matter of an hour one morning. Millennium Force I could ride all day. Not to mention Raptor or Wicked Twister. What can you ride over and over at KI? Diamondback, Flight of Fear, Flight Deck, maybe Beast.

Big Bad Wolf is gone.

Again, this is all my opinion, just like the Golden Ticket awards are someone's opinion. Take a look at the bolded words. I said that Top Thrill Dragster and Millennium Force lost some thrill for me, just like they did with DaveStroem. People can prefer different rides, you know. Diamondback, Vortex, Flight of Fear, Flight Deck, Drop Tower, Beast (especially at night), and Backlot Stunt Coaster all have relatively good reridability. In fact, I prefer Beast at night to anything at CP. And I'd take Diamondback over everything besides Maverick.

Oh and it's quite a shame to see Big Bad Wolf go. That drop towards the river is priceless.

Dollywood

Kings Island

Universal Studios

Islands of Adventure

And that's just of park's I've been too!

I soo wanna add Busch Gardens (both parks) and SeaWorld (Orlando in particular, followed by San Antonio) to that list :P

I still can't see why CP keeps getting the best award, it's just that they have over 70 rides. Do these people who vote go there in May or Oct when the parks under staffed, and it turns into a bad house?

No, CP wins best park award because Cedar Fair buys full page ads in Amusement Today.

Did I say that out loud?

Did anyone else notice that on the 4th page of the PDF under the best park voting it says --

Holiday World -- Pigeon Forge, Tenn.

I am pretty sure that was not the only typo I saw on there!

Same, I read that Prowler was the best new ride of 2009! That has to be a typo, Diamondback is the one who won!

No really, I think the only reason Prowler won is because it's a wooden coaster and Amusement Today voters seem to be more about wood. I personally don't like these polls. On Mitch Hawkers Poll, T-Express and Eagle's Fortress won best wood & steel coasters. Don't get me wrong, they both look really amazing but come on... The best steel coaster isn't an Arrow Suspended that is currently SBNO. And I'm sure there are many woodies better than T-Express. The only reason those won is because Theme Park Review people are some of the only people who vote in that poll, and they just got back from Everland. I also think they voted for them because not many coaster enthusiasts will ever get to ride those being so far from America where most enthusiasts are, so they made those coasters seem so amazing and that we are missing out on the best coasters ever...