Kings Island To Get A Starlight Experience?

Guest rcfreak339

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Cedar Point's Starlight Experience was on their Frontier Trail before Halloweekends started. After Halloweekends started, Fright Zone, a terror zone from previous years, reopened in the same spot. However, the lights on the trees remained and were changed to colors associated with Halloween, but not all the lights were on. This goes to show that during summerish time the area can be the Starlight Experience and during The Haunt an outdoor trail can remain.

Dick Kinzel said in a report somewhere that parks that were not receiving a Kids Area retheme would receive a Starlight experience next year. Whether or not the parks not getting one this year will get one next year is up in the air, but I wouldn't doubt it.

And yes, you're not the only one to realize the transformation that Cedar Fair is doing to Kings Island. While they are technically doing it to every park they acquired in the 2006 Paramount Park purchase, rumors were circulating months ago that Cedar Fair was looking to add hotels on site at Kings Island. Of course it hasn't happened yet, and I doubt it will as long as Great Wolf Lodge is not only promoted in the park but also has a walking path to the park.

Dick Kinzel said in a report somewhere that parks that were not receiving a Kids Area retheme would receive a Starlight experience next year. Whether or not the parks not getting one this year will get one next year is up in the air, but I wouldn't doubt it. .

Mr Kinzel never said that the other parks were getting Starlite Experience but rather said this.

(Dick Kinzel)... We will also be upgrading and rebuilding the children's areas at five of our parks, while three other parks will be introducing a night time light show on display that proved very popular with guests at Cedar Point this past year. We have found that attractions like this are not capital intensive but resonate well with our guests bringing a new layer of entertainment to our parks.

So the question is was he referring to the Starlite Experience which would be like a display or to the Hot Summer Nights show, which is a show and a form of entertainment. I hope for the parks that are receiving the new show are getting the Hot Summer Nights show. I enjoyed both but one is a basic light walk through versus a true entertaining night show.

Dick Kinzel said in a report somewhere that parks that were not receiving a Kids Area retheme would receive a Starlight experience next year. Whether or not the parks not getting one this year will get one next year is up in the air, but I wouldn't doubt it.

And yes, you're not the only one to realize the transformation that Cedar Fair is doing to Kings Island. While they are technically doing it to every park they acquired in the 2006 Paramount Park purchase, rumors were circulating months ago that Cedar Fair was looking to add hotels on site at Kings Island. Of course it hasn't happened yet, and I doubt it will as long as Great Wolf Lodge is not only promoted in the park but also has a walking path to the park.

I think the Previous owners on KD, KI, CW, and Canada's Wonderland also gave many similarites to the parks, KD and Ki Both have Eifflel towers, Flight of Fears, Drop Towers, Backlot Stunt Coasters, Crypts, Extreme Sky Fliers. All of which were made before Cedar Fair.

And then next will be Millenium Force....

haha jk

What is Starlight Experience anyway?

I only went through twice early in the season so I forget the details but...

When it was dusk, the Frontier Trail was converted to Starlight Experience. Guests would walk from one side to the other while enjoying the sights, and I think music played. The four seasons--autumn, winter, spring, and summer--each had their own section. The trees--even really high branches--were decorated in lights; TONS of lights. The colors of the lights were associated with their season. For example, the winter section had light blue lights. Some of these lights were stationary while others "danced." An example is the winter blue lights that moved from top to bottom representing falling snow. Also each season had one float (totaling four) that featured the Peanuts gang and something associated with that season. In short, it was a walk through light show with the four seasons and Peanuts incorporated.