New Forum Skin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought so, but, as kjkjkj said:

The post karma thing doesn't even work yet. I tried to test it out and it said "Action Failed: You Have Reached your Positive Post Quota For The Day"

So, I wasn't sure about that. But, what does it do?

i was getting ready to ask that myself. cause when i put my mouse over it, all it said was reputation (which i had no clue what that meant). then when someone mentioned "post karma" i was even more lost, but with kjkjkj's explanation i finally understood.

^^If you try a negative vote, it says: "you have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

What does this karma do (why does it matter if you're +10, -9, etc)?

It's supposed to show if you're a helpful member or a troll. However, it tends to be abused (watch as all TAER IT DOWN posts would get negative karma), so it wouldn't surprise me if Dane disables it totally.

Like I said earlier, its a forums upgrade and this is the default skin. It still has some tweaking to do to tailor it to our likings. It just takes some time to test and tune to see what we like.

We also did not move servers, just upgraded our software.

Also, after going to the page that lists topics that have new posts, it sometimes just takes me to the beginning of the topic. Is there a reason for this? I know that Carowinds' fansite has that problem, but I never knew why.

Are you clicking on the new posts indicator to the left of the thread name? If so, it should take you directly to the first post you have not yet read...

Have you tried refreshing the page? Its hard to tell from your image what exactly you are seeing. Are you referring to the Fast Reply section? Once you click in there it expands, but it always remains at the bottom of the page, below the last post in that topic. It does not stay at the bottom of the screen covering up posts on your screen if you are not at the bottom of the thread.

Like I said earlier, its a forums upgrade and this is the default skin. It still has some tweaking to do to tailor it to our likings. It just takes some time to test and tune to see what we like.

Understand and am willing to be patient as things are worked out. A couple of items to put on the list to tweak/tailor (or someone can correct me if I'm just missing it!)

On the simplified version for Smartphones:

- I do not see a "view new content" button option

- I don't see a way to click to the last unread post in a thread

On the main version:

- Similar to what Vortex is showing a couple of posts back, the "Fastreply" section shows up in the wrong spot (covering up other content)

Thanks.

Also, after going to the page that lists topics that have new posts, it sometimes just takes me to the beginning of the topic. Is there a reason for this? I know that Carowinds' fansite has that problem, but I never knew why.

Are you clicking on the new posts indicator to the left of the thread name? If so, it should take you directly to the first post you have not yet read...

First, I click on "View New Content, which takes me to the list of the threads with new posts. Then, I click on the orange icon to the left of the thread name, like I'd done in the past. Sometimes it takes me to new posts, but sometimes (maybe 10% of the time), it just takes me to the beginning of the thread.

Understand and am willing to be patient as things are worked out. A couple of items to put on the list to tweak/tailor (or someone can correct me if I'm just missing it!)

On the simplified version for Smartphones:

- I do not see a "view new content" button option

- I don't see a way to click to the last unread post in a thread

On the main version:

- Similar to what Vortex is showing a couple of posts back, the "Fastreply" section shows up in the wrong spot (covering up other content)

Thanks.

See above for my explanation of what I do.

i must say, i love how the quotes are now, much better than before, expecially the ones with a previous quote in them like post 53 in this thread.

i also really like the set up of the members profile page, so much easier to see information without having to scroll down the left side of the page to see it all. :D

i must say, i love how the quotes are now, much better than before, expecially the ones with a previous quote in them like post 53 in this thread.

i also really like the set up of the members profile page, so much easier to see information without having to scroll down the left side of the page to see it all. biggrin.gif

But not all quotes show up like that. I don't know if maybe it's a glitch or what, but I wish all quotes could show up like the ones in post 53.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? When I type a reply, or when I edit my signature as I did the other day, the toolbars for font styles, alignment, emoticons, etc. appear in the middle of the text box, not at the top. It makes it very frustrating when I'm typing so much that when the text I'm typing gets to the middle of the box, I end up typing behind the toolbars and can't see what I'm typing.

Help! (This line is being tped behind the toolbars, so I cannot be held responsible for any possible misspelling!