Dark ride photos

EssentiallyCoaster

Boo Blasters on Haunted Hill.

Boo Blasters of Ghastly Manor.

Ghastly Blasters.

Boo Blasters in the Haunted Castle.

Ghost Attack!

Ghost Blasters of Ghoul Hill.

There are six (reasonably) alright-sounding alternatives, and I imagine not a single one is copyrighted. If Boo Blasters on Boo Hill is the best you can come up with, so be it - admit that it sucks and have a naming contest! First prize for writing the winning entry could be a simple season pass - it would cost the park practically nothing, and we might have a WAY better name right now.

I would've preferred Maniac Mansion or something of that nature.

I agree with stalker, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill at Carowinds is a fun ride. The animatronics and suprises throughout the ride were much scarier than what was in Scooby Doo. There was also a very neat effect in the middle of Boo Blasters at Carowinds. I certainly hope that Kings Island has some similar suprises!

I'm wondering if the "Real D" glasses I got for Avatar will bring out the 3D effect. These glasses not only are comfortable, but have a very classy appearance.

Actually, a lot like this... cool.gif

Probably not. RealD is a specific type of 3D technology (not to mention a trademarked one). The park hinted in one of the 5@5 things that these will be disposable 3D glasses. It would likely cost them far too many nickels to use the RealD technology to make it worth your while, especially since some guests like to treat the fancier 3D glasses as free souvenirs even when encouraged to recycle (I have seen guests walking around with the 3D glasses from Spongebob before).

I did set myself up for that one :lol: . But seriously, you can tell even by the picture of the Guy that replaced Shaggy, that it will revolve through the doors just like Shaggy was supposed to, but eventually stopped doing...

AND this retheme isn't an "inhouse" job, they actually brought Sally back in. So I wouldn't think theming would be removed for no reason, like The Crypt, since this is actually being done by Sally.

I've also heard from numerous people who have been on Kings Dominion's and Carowind's Boo Blasters, and they were all very happy with the outcome, and they said it was better than Scooby. They said the new theming was nicely done, and there are a few surprising effects added into the rides.

I don't think so. First of all, most of the dark and scary things won't scare kids unless they are afraid of the dark. Second, when I was a kid, what were then known as 'spook houses' were supposed to be scary. I was terrified of them. That, though, helped me learn to cope with things I feared. Not all life is bright and cheery. Not all rides, even kids' rides, need to be, either.

I don't think so. First of all, most of the dark and scary things won't scare kids unless they are afraid of the dark. Second, when I was a kid, what were then known as 'spook houses' were supposed to be scary. I was terrified of them. That, though, helped me learn to cope with things I feared. Not all life is bright and cheery. Not all rides, even kids' rides, need to be, either.

I've seen many a child scared by Haunted Mansion, which isn't nearly as "evil" as BBoBH...

Personally, I think it looks good. I hope they did something with the main queue room, because that was- by far- the most inhospitible queue in the park... in my opinion. And yes, I'm counting Firehawk. That USE YOUR FRIGHT LIGHTS TO SCARE OFF THE GHOSTS!!!!! spiel combined with the DUN DUN DUN... DUNDUNDUNDUNdundunDUN! music that absolutely blasted every few minutes gave me a guaranteed headache every time I waited in line. So far, it looks like BBoBH is actually an upgrade from SDatHC.. so far.

Sally and Six Flags St Louis went far, far scarier than Carowinds did with Boo Blasters on Boo Hill:

Disclosure: I have ridden the Carowinds BBoBH, but not Scooby Doo's Scary Swamp Dark Ride at Six Flags St Louis....yet.

and its a dark water ride.......i miss the smurf ride.

Read the 5@5 they even say families will be able to enjoy the ride.

Enjoy? It's going to scare the crap out of them! Everything I've read about Carowinds Boo Blasters has said that it is most definately NOT a family attraction anymore.

It still very much a family attraction. I'm just wondering if they'll keep the current cars or switch to the 4 seater ones that i've seen at CW and KD. the only real "scary" thing is there is a time or 2 where a ghost will pop out at you after you hit the target, but things like the bookshelf and whatnot did that to begin with... so really its not that big of a deal

It still very much a family attraction. I'm just wondering if they'll keep the current cars or switch to the 4 seater ones that i've seen at CW and KD. the only real "scary" thing is there is a time or 2 where a ghost will pop out at you after you hit the target, but things like the bookshelf and whatnot did that to begin with... so really its not that big of a deal

They didn't switch to the four-seater ones at Kings Dominion and Carowinds just for Boo Blasters - their dark rides were built specifically for Scooby Doo during the Paramount Era, and featured those vehicles from the start. Ours, meanwhile, was already a functioning dark ride, so they just used the same vehicles (the Omnimover style) and added guns. It was said on a 5@5 some time ago that Boo Blasters will use the same vehicles as Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

Read the 5@5 they even say families will be able to enjoy the ride.

Enjoy? It's going to scare the crap out of them! Everything I've read about Carowinds Boo Blasters has said that it is most definately NOT a family attraction anymore.

Walk through The Dent Schoolhouse in Dent, Ohio. Its a walk through attraction, and its scarier than the "Saw" movies.

And Terpy, I didn't know Sally Corp did scary rides. That ride looks frightfully fun! (Not quite horrifying, though...)

Walk through The Dent Schoolhouse in Dent, Ohio. Its a walk through attraction, and its scarier than the "Saw" movies.

And Terpy, I didn't know Sally Corp did scary rides. That ride looks frightfully fun! (Not quite horrifying, though...)

I wasn't aware that that particular attraction was located in a family-friendly amusement park's children's area.

its not any scarier! like i've said elsewhere there are a few things that pop out at you but they're comparable to the bookshelf that "fell" on you when you hit the target. Heck the first time i was too busy trying to get a better score than Jack and Adam to really pay all that much attention... as i assume will be the case with most kids...