Carnival Games

GrandsonofBeast

I was just wondering if anyone out there is really good at any of the carnival games at the parks. I was wondering about the rope chain one where you try to climb up the rope without falling, what's the trick???

I'm pretty solid at Bank a Ball (rebound). I can put it in about 50% of the time. My house is littered with stuffed animals from it. Here's a video I just put up.

(puppy head bunt at the end is the best part :) )

Any other ringers out there?

• Like 2

We tried the ladder yesterday, I asked the guy about how many people make it a day, he said 2-4 people everyday.

Im not bad at the squirt gun game, I usually win. Basketball I can usually get a ball 1-3 shots. I have 8 of them. (And no, I dont dribble them through the park)

Would KI's Rebound any different? KI's has a line you can't pass with your hands...

Interesting, I didn't try it when I was down there. To be honest, I was worried about stuffing an already jam packed car with a big stuffed animal (we had to pack for the 3 day trip to KI). At CP they make sure your elbow stays behind the edge of the counter. I've never won without my elbow on the counter and being able to work from a low angle. So if my hand has to be on the counter it would be worlds different...

That ladder game looks soooo hard. It is such a crowd/ego pleaser though. Makes sense, stay wide, even pressure on both sides, even movement, but probably sooo much harder than it looks. I really want to try it.

I was just wondering if anyone out there is really good at any of the carnival games at the parks. I was wondering about the rope chain one where you try to climb up the rope without falling, what's the trick???

Any other ringers out there?

Okay. When I worked KI during my time, there was this one employee, and I'll never forget him, who could walk it like a monkey in about 5 seconds. It was because he walked it so well that this game was ALWAYS packed with players. He would ALWAYS perform it, per request if the person paying for the game asked. Being that "we" were NEVER allowed to play the games while being employed for KI, that included after hours, I asked him one day toward the end of the season what's the secret that makes him so good?

"Okay, here is the MAGICIANS SECRET"! Being a former magician in my prime, I hate giving this up! tongue.gif

Rope Ladder

The trick to climbing carnival rope ladders is to completely ignore the "rungs" and only use the outside ropes to climb on. While applying equal pressure with your right foot and left arm, move your left foot and right arm at the same time. Then do the same thing with the opposite limbs—shimmying yourself up the ladder.

*THERE MUST BE 'NO' HANDS OR FEET SHARING THE SAME 'RUNG' AT ANY POINT OR TIME WHILE CLIMBING. DOING THIS WILL DEFINATELY RESULT IN A 'DINK' OFF THE LADDER! EACH HAND AND FOOT WILL HAVE IT'S OWN SPACE AT ALL TIMES!

That's it. You don't stop to think. Keep moving. It's like walking. Think how you swing your arms and legs opposite of each other, but climbing the rope ladder. Always apply presure out equally on opposite sides with one arm and one leg. NEVER all four legs and arms...or..."dink" Yer done!

That's the secret. I tried it many years later. 2 plays for $5. I wasn't good. It felt like it would have worked, but I got nervous. I'm not that cordinated eitherand couldn't do it. I also didn't have a big payroll to drop on the game to win. I want to try this the next time I come to KI. Just for fun and laughs. Good Luck and let me know if you WIN BIG!

I have started to get pretty good at the Basketball Shots. I think at CP I am shooting 100% from the field with 3 for 3 made. The one at Kings Island, 3 for 5 I think, not bad for shooting on double stacked rims that are so tight one bounce means it shoots off from one side to the other. A game I really want to see someone win is the one where you have to weave the wand around the metal without it going off, that one looks almost impossible.

A game I really want to see someone win is the one where you have to weave the wand around the metal without it going off, that one looks almost impossible.

When we were in high school, a friend of mine worked that game. He could do it one handed, and loved to show off to the park guests "how easy it is to win". Of course, few did win. I loved watching him interact with the guests like that. It was so funny when they couldn't do it!

Well I gave the rope ladder a try, tried to follow the rule of opposite pressure using left leg/right arm etc... I didn't video tape it, but this picture pretty much sums up how it went both times rolleyes.gif

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac273/kyle2154/CP6-18-2010083.jpg

I was able to dominate bank a ball again though. I got a much shorter video in much better quality...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

What was mentioned above about the rope ladder is pretty good. I sat outside the exit for Adventure Express one day while my Nieces rode it like 3x in a row or something, so I was just watching an employee climb the ladder to starve off bordem. What was described above was pretty much spot on to how this employee was successfully climbing the ladder and hitting the bell. I don't know that he had his hands on the ropes only, but he definently never had any 2 limbs on the same rung at the same time.

I'll throw in a few while we're here:

Peach Basket - throw the ball underhanded really high (as high as you're comfortable throwing it and still maintaining control) with a little backspin. We've seen people that can win better than 75% of the time on average at this game using this technique. You can also use this same technique for the Milk Can game.

Ring Toss - throw the ring as flat as you can at the first row of bottles. You still need to get lucky in order to keep the ring on the bottle but you give yourself the best chance of success that way.

Bank-a-Ball - the key to this is to make sure the ball is traveling UP as it hits the upper third of the board. My brother said he saw a gentleman who threw the ball really high with backspin so that it would contact the very bottom of the board and go in, so it's possible to do various ways.

• Like 1

My dad and I used to play the Peach Basket ball toss game when I was younger and we were both really good at it. My trick was to toss the ball underhand towards the left side of the basket while putting a little spin on it. The ball would hit the inside of the basket and the spin would take over and cause the ball to roll down to the bottom. It was getting to the point where I would win every time I played using this technique. Back then though, it was only $1 per ball so I would play quite often.

• Like 2

In regards to the rope ladder game-- you MUST move quickly, or else you WILL fall. Also, rule of thumb: Always have at least one rung in between your feet and hands. When you climb the ladder, make sure you alternate your feet and hands so your left hand moves simultaneously with your right foot.

• Like 2