Kentucky Kingdom

The last time I was there we entered from the west gate and we were directed up the access road that cuts the park in half. That being said, I always thought it was a street that cut through the park. It only serves to get the cars to the parking lot...am I correct? Why in the heck hasn't that been rerouted to utilize that space for the park?....and get rid of that stupid connector bridge...

• Like 1

Hopefully he won't be a StarChaser either.

But at the same time, I like what Mr. Hart is doing with the park and I do give him kudos (Cyclos?) on what he is doing and what he has done!

• Like 2

Hmm... that original paint job reminds me of the coasters I used to make when I played RCT 1 as a small 5 year old boy.

However, if the new trains will have restraints like the picture posted above, maybe this will be my first enjoyable experience on a Vekoma SLC. Not T2, nor Mind Eraser at Darien Lake were very kind to my head.

Both look and sound deceptively smooth, really smooth, from a 3rd person standpoint. *I'll never learn.

• Like 2

Are you aware T2 is a prototype?

It is far, far more herky-jerky than a standard SLC. It shuffles forward and backward violently while ambling through its course. It's very, very different. And not in a good way.

The Canadian coaster of which you speak is far, far smoother than T2 was.

Did you ever ride T2?

If you didn't, you have no idea.

At all.

• Like 2

Are you aware T2 is a prototype?

It is far, far more herky-jerky than a standard SLC. It shuffles forward and backward violently while ambling through its course. It's very, very different. And not in a good way.

The Canadian coaster of which you speak is far, far smoother than T2 was.

Did you ever ride T2?

If you didn't, you have no idea.

At all.

It's true. I was fifteen when T2 debuted, and I had nothing

to compare it to so I really liked it. I also rode Hangman at Opryland that year, but don't recall noticing a marked difference at that time. Again though, I was fifteen with limited coaster exposure. Hadn't yet experienced a steel coaster with B&M like smoothness.

Fast forward several years later and I revisited T2. You could feel the train shuffling in nearly every direction trying to find its way through the course. I did not ride it again. Anxious to see if new trains help this.

• Like 2

Hangman was also a prototype!

It's now at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom as Kong.

That makes sense. I was wondering how the two could both debut the same year and only one be a prototype.

At that time if someone had told me one of the two parks would be closed in 2-3 years, I would have automatically assumed KK. The reality was very harsh.

• Like 2

Cheap to open and operate compared to other coasters. Honestly if you look at the opening of T2 it is nothing more than getting a 3rd coaster up an running for the sake of having a 3rd coaster. Nothing more, nothing less. I do not know of anyone clamoring for this ride to reopen or still upset from when it shut down. The ride experience on T2 is worse than most SLC's and that is saying something, I don't think new trains will improve it much and given KK's attendance they only need 1 new train and will more than likely only staff a bare minimum ride crew to support the running of 1 train.

• Like 5