Kentucky Kingdom

Not sure but at $49? Whatever it is it seems like after parking (an $8 value) the pass would be worth it. Especially with the additional food and drink discounts.

The issues are that 1) I don't know if I would have a chance to make more than one visit, and 2) I don't know if I could afford multiple visits, as I'm on a really, really tight budget this summer.

Question for locals:

I know Louisville-area Kroger stores sell discounted season passes (as well as in Lexington, but that's too far out of my way). Do those same Kroger stores also offer discounted single-day admission tickets, and at what price? I'm planning to make a run to KK once T3 opens and want to know my options. (I'm considering getting a season pass anyway, but I'm not sure that's in my budget.)

In Lexington area Kroger stores, the season passes are still only $59.95.  I don't know if they sell discounted daily passes or not.  If you live in the Indianapolis or Nashville "areas", you can get 2 days for $30.00 plus parking.  :)

• Like 2

^ Thanks. I'm in the Dayton area, so the 2-for-30 deals are not an option. And if I get a season pass, it would be in the Louisville area. The money I'd save by going to Lexington to get it would be mostly lost by the extra gas used for that side trip, and what little savings that would be left IMO isn't worth the added hour on the drive down there plus the need to refuel on the way back (I can drive directly to Louisville and back on a single tank, but not if I detour to Lexington on the way down.)

^ Thanks. I'm in the Dayton area, so the 2-for-30 deals are not an option. And if I get a season pass, it would be in the Louisville area. The money I'd save by going to Lexington to get it would be mostly lost by the extra gas used for that side trip, and what little savings that would be left IMO isn't worth the added hour on the drive down there plus the need to refuel on the way back (I can drive directly to Louisville and back on a single tank, but not if I detour to Lexington on the way down.)

want me to pick one up for you?  I'm in the Lexington area.

• Like 1

If you're willing to do that, that might work. I could send you payment through PayPal or even mail a check. However, let me think about it a little more first. I'll send you a PM in a few days if I decide to go that route. :)

• Like 1

If you're willing to do that, that might work. I could send you payment through PayPal or even mail a check. However, let me think about it a little more first. I'll send you a PM in a few days if I decide to go that route. :)

I'm willing to do it, and call me stupid, but trust you for the repayment.  We could meet up and ride TR and LR!  No pressure, but I think the 59.95 deal ends something this coming up week. I heard it on the radio today, but didn't pay much attention since I already had  mine.

• Like 2

I'm willing to do it, and call me stupid, but trust you for the repayment.  We could meet up and ride TR and LR!  No pressure, but I think the 59.95 deal ends something this coming up week. I heard it on the radio today, but didn't pay much attention since I already had  mine.

Great. If there's a risk of it ending soon, then I'll probably have a decision by Monday at the latest, possibly tomorrow. And if you're willing to handle it that way, then cash in person would probably be easiest (though we'd need to meet outside the fairgrounds first, since I'd need the pass to avoid the parking fee.) I'll let you know very soon.

• Like 1

At least twice since visiting the Indy Star "article", I've gotten the following mobile ad. No mention of the tie to Indy Star until you tap it, but it's got the same IN residency requirement. And I'm still in Michigan..

75516df6cf2560ee26f7a3c191265d46.jpg

• Like 1

Great. If there's a risk of it ending soon, then I'll probably have a decision by Monday at the latest, possibly tomorrow. And if you're willing to handle it that way, then cash in person would probably be easiest (though we'd need to meet outside the fairgrounds first, since I'd need the pass to avoid the parking fee.) I'll let you know very soon.

Just let me know, and I will get it done.  I can get you the code on the voucher and you can handle the processing online and they mail your pass to you.  It took about 4 days for my pass to arrive by snail mail.  And I'm not sure about the parking fee, if it can be reimbursed at season pass processing or if the voucher will let you past the state fairgrounds attendent.  I have to say that I was impressed with season pass processing.  At last minute, a friend went with me a couple of weeks ago.  She lives 2 hours away from KK, drove up and met me close to the park.  She had left her voucher at home.  So she asked her daugher to send an MMS with the voucher pictured, and they were able to process it that way.  And they were happy to do it.  On another note, I would be curious to know if you have to be a TN or IN resident to get the $30 rate.  I may contact them tomorrow and ask that, meaning can you come from somewhere like Columbus or Missouri and still get the discount with the internet ticket from the newspaper's website.

• Like 1

(Removed some of the nested quotes)

Just let me know, and I will get it done.  I can get you the code on the voucher and you can handle the processing online and they mail your pass to you.  It took about 4 days for my pass to arrive by snail mail.  And I'm not sure about the parking fee, if it can be reimbursed at season pass processing or if the voucher will let you past the state fairgrounds attendent.  I have to say that I was impressed with season pass processing.  At last minute, a friend went with me a couple of weeks ago.  She lives 2 hours away from KK, drove up and met me close to the park.  She had left her voucher at home.  So she asked her daugher to send an MMS with the voucher pictured, and they were able to process it that way.  And they were happy to do it.  On another note, I would be curious to know if you have to be a TN or IN resident to get the $30 rate.  I may contact them tomorrow and ask that, meaning can you come from somewhere like Columbus or Missouri and still get the discount with the internet ticket from the newspaper's website.

Great. I forgot that it could be processed online.

As for the 2-for-$30 deal, the coupons indeed state that you must show proof of Indiana residency (or Tennessee residency) along with the coupon.

• Like 2

Great. I forgot that it could be processed online.

As for the 2-for-$30 deal, the coupons indeed state that you must show proof of Indiana residency (or Tennessee residency) along with the coupon.

I got a banner on The Lexington Herald-Leader website (kentucky.com) that states that the $59.95 Kroger sale on season tickets ends Monday 6-8-15.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thinks they are missing out on a huge market. Halloween? Plus they are barely open four months of the year. KI opens in April through October, cash flow!

Not to mention isn't the park part of he Ky State Fair for two weeks in August? Does the Hart ownership get any revenue from that or is it a part of the lease of the land? Not really sure how that works.

It is now separately gated. Last year, Kentucky Kingdom admission during the fair was 9.99, if purchased at Kroger. The carnival operator was NOT amused, to put it mildly.

The water park? Closed.

Ah my only trip to KK was during the fair in the mid-90s and it was a pay-per-ride type deal. Thunder Run was definitely a great ride. I would love to experience it again.

• Like 1

This is about the time I make the observation that the list is not, unlike what Mr. Hart believes, in any particular order.  It is not ranked in a way to say which park you should feel most inclined to visit.  It's just a slideshow of parks.

• Like 2

Somebody (assuming independent) says you are one of the 10 parks to visit this summer, then I say "run with it" and squeeze every once of promotional possibilities out of it.  No matter how the list was ordered, I probably wouldn't have posters that said #6, I'd have my posters say "one of the top 10 amusement parks for 2015".  Sure its a bit misleading, but so is the original article.

• Like 9