Kentucky Kingdom

I wonder will Holiday World have close ties with the Kingdom... I doubt it. When I worked at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom you had benefits. One of those benefits was visiting other parks like Holiday World and Dollywood for unlimited free visits. If you worked so many hours you would receive a sticker that would allow you to bring along a friend for unlimited visited as well.

I wonder will Holiday World have close ties with the Kingdom... I doubt it. When I worked at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom you had benefits. One of those benefits was visiting other parks like Holiday World and Dollywood for unlimited free visits. If you worked so many hours you would receive a sticker that would allow you to bring along a friend for unlimited visited as well.

At this point, I'm not sure that the Kochs will have ANY interest with being "closely tied" to the Kingdom.....If Kentucky will still have a Kingdom after June 27th...

(I can already see Mr. Hart walking down the Boardwalk listening to Bluegrass as he strolls away on the 28th.)

Its only Twisted Twins trains man. That ride isn't even expected to open until 2015. Also note the park has 4 coasters. Ed has already said T2 will get new trains. Roller Skaters trains has been spotted several weeks ago, and Thunder Runs Train is still there.

I feel like Kentucky Kingdom would be open as a waterpark only, IF it was like Kings Island where it was seperate from the dry part.

The problem is it is stuck right in the middle of the park with rides and such around it.

But now the water park won't be in the dead middle...It will have its own section unfortunately.

Its only Twisted Twins trains man. That ride isn't even expected to open until 2015. Also note the park has 4 coasters. Ed has already said T2 will get new trains. Roller Skaters trains has been spotted several weeks ago, and Thunder Runs Train is still there.

I feel like Kentucky Kingdom would be open as a waterpark only, IF it was like Kings Island where it was seperate from the dry part.

The problem is it is stuck right in the middle of the park with rides and such around it.

But now the water park won't be in the dead middle...It will have its own section unfortunately.

Get a grip. Thunder Run's train is unusable, but that's actually the best one of all. Twisted Twin's train's are scrapped, T2's train is in pieces in the grass around the ride and roller skater hasn't run in years.

And Greezed Lighting - beyond repair according to Hart and Co.

IF he gets the park back open, NONE of those rides are running any time soon.

The water park would be his best bet to reopen first, but even that is going to cost a lot of money that Hart doesn't have yet.

Get a grip. Thunder Run's train is unusable, but that's actually the best one of all. Twisted Twin's train's are scrapped, T2's train is in pieces in the grass around the ride and roller skater hasn't run in years.

The water park would be his best bet to reopen first, but even that is going to cost a lot of money that Hart doesn't have yet.

I do know that when Six Flags closed the park for the last season the train was removed and put in storage. So it hasn't been on the track the whole entire time the park has been closed. A portion of the train did in fact roll back from the station. I seen a portion of it when I drove through an alley by the dragster race car attraction. It sat there for over a year maybe? Since Ed Hart been back the train had disappear from where it was sitting.

Twisted Twins trains are already scrapped? I didn't know that. I could of sworn they were still under the batman ride in SFSL. FYI When Twisted Twins was closed when the park was still open, The trains where both still on its tracks wrapped up.

T2 trains were put in storage when the park closed. But Ed Hart said that T2 is in fact getting new train. Where have you seen pieces of the train?

The Roller Skater ceased operations the same day as Thunder Run and T2

ps. A FULL Kentucky Kingdom will be reopen on May 24, 2014. If you don't believe me, just wait untill next week.

I do know that when Six Flags closed the park for the last season the train was removed and put in storage. So it hasn't been on the track the whole entire time the park has been closed. A portion of the train did in fact roll back from the station. I seen a portion of it when I drove through an alley by the dragster race car attraction. It sat there for over a year maybe? Since Ed Hart been back the train had disappear from where it was sitting.

So after Six closed the ride, they put it in storage? Then apparently someone brought it back out of storage, reconstructed the chassis, placed it back on the track, left it sitting exposed to the elements and removed hardware from it? Because this is where it was and how it looked in 2011:

6940246103_4ab70aa9a2_o.jpg

Twisted Twins trains are already scrapped? I didn't know that. I could of sworn they were still under the batman ride in SFSL. FYI When Twisted Twins was closed when the park was still open, The trains where both still on its tracks wrapped up.

So they're in St. Louis as the property of Six? Is Hart going to buy them back? Either way, he's going to need at least two new trains for that one particular ride.

T2 trains were put in storage when the park closed. But Ed Hart said that T2 is in fact getting new train. Where have you seen pieces of the train?

I saw the train, in pieces, myself when I was there in the summer of 2011, during Hart's first attempt to reopen the park.

The Roller Skater ceased operations the same day as Thunder Run and T2

So neither ride has run since 2009. That's not particularly good.

ps. A FULL Kentucky Kingdom will be reopen on May 24, 2014. If you don't believe me, just wait untill next week.

Even if Hart has good news to present next week, I highly doubt that park is ready by 2014 - especially to the capacity you claim it will be. Hart himself admitted it's in a lot worse shape than they thought, they currently don't have the money to fund any renovations (and why would they considering the parks future is in doubt?), that would leave them with just under a year to get everything open and up to inspection standards. Not to mention, they'd have to hire full time staff, seasonal staff, draft policy, perform training, hammer out operating policies, bring a POS system online and so much more. Do you have any idea how much work (and money) that would take to fit in 11 months? For the wave pool alone even - pumping out that standing water, redoing all the pumps, that cost will be incredible.

Edit: For example, The Beach waterpark up here was closed last summer. In July of 2012 new operators came in and in just under a year they had that park open, but up until the last minute they were still running inspections with the state and trying to get their new attraction ready for opening day. That's a park with much smaller overhead, smaller operations and less infrastructure.

Yet, you're telling us that Hart and Co. are going to magically happen to get a large scale amusement park that has been sitting idly for four seasons now (with some sections closed even longer) and has had no upkeep and wasn't winterized properly by May of 2014?

Not happening by that date kid, even if Ed Hart finds funding. I hope he does, but by all indications he's given, there's no good news to report.

• Like 6

Your over exaggerating and taking things out of context. Ed Hart never said the park doesn't have any funding. When the extension is up, Ed Hart will make everything official...bet on it. Remember Magic Springs...How many months did that take? 7 months.

Construction...Construction...

• Like 1

Your over exaggerating and taking things out of context. Ed Hart never said the park doesn't have any funding. When the extension is up, Ed Hart will make everything official...bet on it. Remember Magic Springs...How many months did that take? 7 months.

"Construction.....Construction...."

How can you have such a massive amount of construction as that park will need without.......Money.......Money.....

Hart probably can't even answer that one, and if he can, he wont.

• Like 4

And how did that end?

Mr. Hart continues to run that wildly successful, glorious park to this day, right?

And there certainly weren't any lawsuits....

• Like 3

And how did that end?

Mr. Hart continues to run that wildly successful, glorious park to this day, right?

And there certainly weren't any lawsuits....

Yes, of course Kentucky Kingdom has always been a wildly successful park and will continue to be as long as Hart is running it.... -_-

But with all seriousness, The real question is, How will this end?.....I think most of us have a pretty good idea....

• Like 2

IF the poor park ever does reopen, it will die a slow, agonizing death. The project as proposed is severely undercapitalized, and the planned capital investment in the outyears is so low it is laughable. This is nothing more than an attempt by Mr. Hart to do great things with other people's money, at their and the state's risk, and to then sell out at a veritable King's ransom while the getting is good.

This one is not much different than the cited Magic Springs. That park is a mere shadow of its former self, and just sad.

Hart's good at starting or fixing things, putting lipstick on a pig, selling the bacon, and getting out fast.

SIX days, indeed.

• Like 6

The thing of it is, when something is not maintained for how many years, it's not going to be an easy fix. Not saying it's not possible but I will take a lot of money, and I'm not sure he's going to get enough to do what needs to be done just to open the park.

I've not over exaggerated a thing and what am I taking out of context?

If Hart has funding, why isn't he drumming up good press and waiting to the last minute to sign a lease or get ANOTHER extension?

Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?

As for construction, you realize NONE is happening right? You've provided no evidence of construction, no one else has provided evidence of construction and oh yeah... Who would grant Hart a permit for construction without a lease?

• Like 3

I've not over exaggerated a thing and what am I taking out of context?

If Hart has funding, why isn't he drumming up good press and waiting to the last minute to sign a lease or get ANOTHER extension?

As for construction, you realize NONE is happening right? You've provided no evidence of construction, no one else has provided evidence of construction and oh yeah... Who would grant Hart a permit for construction without a lease?

1. Read your replies to my posts carefully. Also your making it seem like the park is SOOO big. Just looking the the dry side, The park only has about 6 flats (I am not including the small kiddie rides, antqiue cars, carousel, bumper cars) 3 major rides, and 3 roller coasters to open for 2014

2. If you was renting out a house and your landlord offered to pay the utilities etc for the first 90 days would you use up the entire 90 days? or would you just do a bold stupid move telling your landlord that you yourself wouldn't need his/her assistance for the full 90 days.

The purpose of the extension is to allow Ed more time to secure the bank loan. The fairboard is currently paying for security, electricity, water, etc while the extension is in affect. If Ed was to tell the fairboard the he has the loan and he is ready to go, who would have to pay the utilities then?

3. renovations...renovations...sound better?

Construction, Renovation....doesn't matter what you call it....neither of them is currently going on at the KK site. I walked that place for an hour and never heard a peep. I guess I caught them at Lunch.

I LOVE your undying devotion and positive outlook. You obviously miss the park very much.

• Like 7

If construction, as you call it, can't start until you have a lease, and your business is a seasonal one that must be open by Memorial Day or essentially lose an entire year's revenue, you'd want to start getting ready now. Barely over 11 months left with ever so much to do.

I highly doubt that having a few more weeks rent and security paid by the landlord would be a key driver. And if it is, there can be no louder testimony for just how undercapitalized this venture is. You keep saying construction, construction, construction. At this point I say Magic Springs and 11 months.

• Like 6