Kentucky Kingdom

It states online, KK will be getting a $15 Million coaster, that will not take up to much space with not a lot of track, a Family Wooden coaster, and a 135 foot swinging tower.. But as the AT&T COMMERCIAL SAYS... 'Not everything You hear on the internet is true."

And that is most certainly not true. It may be what they WANT to do, but without a lease or money to fund a design those plans are a long way off. He has to get a lease, secure funding and open a park first.

• Like 1

Lease On Fair Board Agenda For Thursday, KK Marketing Refuses To Comment:

http://m.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2013/06/24/fair-board-expected-to-vote-on.html?r=full

Why do I suspect Hart & Co. wants the State to agree to more favorable terms?

Oh I'm sure, but if the State balks and Ed walks, that will be the end of the area possibly ever becoming an amusement park again. The highest and best use for that land never was a park to begin with...

I predict that Kentucky Kingdom will reopen on May 24, 2014. It will then fail by the end of the season, and close permanently before the start of the 2015 season. By 2020, everything will have been torn down and the land will have been put to some other use.

I don't have a crystal ball or anything; that's just a wild guess. :)

I somehow deep inside of me want Kentucky Kingdom to reopen and thrive for many years to come, but in reality that is most likely not going to happen. Its almost time to say goodbye to the Kingdom.

I agree with you on that! I'd love to see the park re-open and thrive like it once did.....But I unfortunately just don't see it happening, if anything happens.

I suppose within the next 3 to 4 hours we should know more about the fate of the Kingdom....Which I'm curious to hear...

KK's website is down.

That's probably due to some possible updates they could be making this morning.....(Just a guess)....

And as stated by a wise man in this topic before.....June 27, 2013....Its here folks....

Notice in the press release that aside from the two coaster renovations, he doesn't mention when anything else will open.

Even the water park attractions aren't announced for a specific date. I'm still waiting to hear what exactly will be open when the counter at the top of that page hits 0?

• Like 2